You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Songs that make you want to Murder kittens

Bjornebye

This song is a good few years old now but there is a song used to come on the radio about a man who claims he "is trying to find the words to describe his girl without being disrespectful."

He then prepares to spend the rest of the song describing her as a "sexy bitch" and describing the way her "booty moves."  So I would say you didn't try too hard there, mate.  It's actually not that hard to describe someone, even a pretty woman, without being disrespectful.  At least make an effort if you're going to claim that as your goal.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I've just listened to 23 seconds of Galway Girl.

From comments I'd heard, I expected it to be bad, but.... fucksake.

Saw a news item on the BBC earlier about changes the compilers of the UK Top 40 are going to make to their chart, on the back of EVERY song from Sheeran's latest album getting into the Top 40 at the same time. The chart was always going to be fucked the moment they included downloads and streaming because acts like Sheeran, Adele, Rihanna etc hog those mediums. I'm someone who used to groan when the likes of Take That, Westlife and Robson & Fucking Jerome could get to number one by releasing any old shite, so I can't imagine how tedious it must be to have one artist dominate the chart like Sheeran has.

Saw a news item on the BBC earlier about changes the compilers of the UK Top 40 are going to make to their chart, on the back of EVERY song from Sheeran's latest album getting into the Top 40 at the same time. The chart was always going to be fucked the moment they included downloads and streaming because acts like Sheeran, Adele, Rihanna etc hog those mediums. I'm someone who used to groan when the likes of Take That, Westlife and Robson & Fucking Jerome could get to number one by releasing any old shite, so I can't imagine how tedious it must be to have one artist dominate the chart like Sheeran has.

It occurred to me a while back that we need much better music and we need it now.

The way the world is polarising, left and right, with country after country being led by authoritarian "strong men" and citizens finding new forms of rebellion, these are clearly the most "interesting times" since the late Sixties.  Future film-makers are going to have so much material; but the soundtracks will be bland, disposable cack like Adele and Sheeran.

I've just listened to 23 seconds of Galway Girl.

From comments I'd heard, I expected it to be bad, but.... fucksake.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one, it's fucking atrocious. Who told Ed he could rap? Or is he just trolling everyone knowing he's shit at it but safe in the knowledge that there are enough idiots buying into his schlock.