You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ten days to save himself = He's already done

tlw content

Juande Ramos had won trophies before joining Spurs. Mazzari is the Italian Hodgson.

The Yanks are burning Liverpol F.C. to the ground. they need to be prosecuted for Crimes against Liverpool F.C. and be sent to guadanamo.

I was going to compare him to Hodgson, but having never heard of him, I thought that would be a tad unfair.

Hodgson had won lots of trophies.

I've shown what I can do when I'm given the tools to do the job. Really Brendan? Stop playing us all for fools and moving all of the blame to your fellow gang of fools on our committee. You're as culpable as them for the "tools" we have and then add in your ineptitude on the playing side and you are more to blame than anyone.

but also allowed him to restructure his coaching staff and spend £32m on Christian Benteke because he convinced them the big striker was the man he needed to make his system work. A system that he had scrapped by September.

Do FSG actually get onto things like that though? They clearly haven't got a clue. It just seems like Rodgers could bullshit them until the cows come home.

Most people like the way he handled the media when he arrived . For me it was his biggest plus point . The issue has been he has talked the talk but failed in all other aspects of his job .Pity but there it is and now please fuck off and spare us the embarrassment of having long suffering fans publicly shouting for your head

Goal is 1000 games what kind of tony Robbins shite is that. Write down your long term goals in your dream journal. Put win games in there.

Just read an interview with Ian Holloway in a book about managers where he says his aim is 1000 games as a manager (just before he was sacked at Millwall). He had 800 and something and 800 of them were in the football league. 

Neil Warnock has 1000 games. Rodgers will just be another journeyman manager.

Most people like the way he handled the media when he arrived . For me it was his biggest plus point . The issue has been he has talked the talk but failed in all other aspects of his job .Pity but there it is and now please fuck off and spare us the embarrassment of having long suffering fans publicly shouting for your head

The issue with it was it was all fluff, bullshit and management speak and for most of his time here he hasn't been able to back it up on the pitch. Usually when he has his mouth runs away with him and the pride comes before a fall "must have been that new defensive coach", "Dejan Lovren is a different player this season".

He's a salesman and a confidence trickster. People always figure that out in the end, but it's too late when you're already bought the product without a receipt. 

• Upvote 1

Arsenal were quite lucky when they hired Wenger. He had it all to do, but they took a gamble, relatively speaking, and Wenger did, and is doing, very well there.

For every punt like that there are numerous others that don't work out.

It's coming to the end of the line with Brendan, and for all we know the likes of Howe or Monk might end up becoming the next big thing in management, but surely the club won't take such a risk again. There are two stellar candidates who are out of work at the moment. They both have pedigree.

Every managerial appointment is a gamble of sorts, but it is time for us to make this next appointment as sure a thing as we possibly can. I'd be very happy with Klopp or Ancelotti, with a slight preference for the former.

It wasn't all down to luck with Arsenal and Wenger. David Dein was a good friend of his and knew what Wenger was about, knew he played attacking football and had a fantastic network in France and had an economics degree. Our problem is that nobody at Anfield knows fuck all.

• Upvote 1

He's a salesman and a confidence trickster. People always figure that out in the end, but it's too late when you're already bought the product without a receipt.

Nah, he's just a football manager who almost gave us great success but has ultimately failed.

Why we have to demonise him is beyond me.

• Upvote 3

You read the latest Pearce piece on Rodgers and the hubris is astonishing, albeit there is almost an admission that without Suarez he cannot deliver.

I don't think he's anywhere near as good a manager as he thinks he is. And he doesn't have an ounce of humility. Not an attractive combination. And one which even the media are beginning to acknowledge.

He has been described as a confidence trickster and a fraud and in all honesty, I don't think these are exaggerations.  

Nothing about his record suggested he should be anywhere near the running to take over at our club. So what made the Americans, with their limited knowledge of the game, pick him?

He bluffed and blagged them, 180 page dossier and all. He will now walk away millions of pounds richer, having spent £300M of this club's resources for little added value.

Kevin Kilbane just gave him a shoeing on Football Focus.

I heard on the radio the other night that should he get the bullet, there won't be much sympathy around for him within the industry.

Sounds about right to me.

What was the reason described for that mate? 

Nah, he's just a football manager who almost gave us great success but has ultimately failed.

Why we have to demonise him is beyond me.

This.

I was resigned to the fact he is going in the summer, then I hoped he would turn things around (part of me still does) as this does not look like happening, I hope we find a good replacement before we move on him. I don't love him, I don't hate him, all I care about is we get better.

But reading many posts on here over the past 13 months I don't get it... all that vitriol, there seems to be genuine  hatred and a lot of it. And what happens if once he is replaced things remain more or less the same?

This.

I was resigned to the fact he is going in the summer, then I hoped he would turn things around (part of me still does) as this does not look like happening, I hope we find a good replacement before we move on him. I don't love him, I don't hate him, all I care about is we get better.

But reading many posts on here over the past 13 months I don't get it... all that vitriol, there seems to be genuine  hatred and a lot of it. And what happens if once he is replaced things remain more or less the same?

Then the hatred will remain, and most of it will be aimed at the owners.

I don't think so. Recent history suggests that the majority of it will be piled on the manager and the transfer committee again.

What recent history?

Not even Hodgson was hated as much as H+G.

I think most people realise that as shit as Rodgers is he is the result of the "philosophy" of FSG.