You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Early Teenage Girl Daughters.

Anny Road

Rude.

Ah, you. Ok! You and RedKnight can be tied then. I know it sounds daft (and maybe soppy) but I do respect you both. I know it's me a lot of the time, but I actually try to take on board what you're both saying. So you can both cunt off, etc.

Guest Super Sub

Hand bags ladies. Funny how a thread on stroppy teenage girls ends up with grown men acting like stroppy teenage daughters.

No way are you 36, RP. I'm not having that. I thought you were about 21-22.

Yeah I shocked Hamstring with my age years back too, he was having none of it. What can I say, I'm retarded. Anyway this thread is about Anny's kid! So I'm gone. Seriously I'm not responding again, this thread is important to Anny and it should stay on topic (sorry Anny.) Later.

I'm banning all talk of rebellious talk. I think I'll crumble the first time she tells me she hates me. I'm filling up thinking about it

It's not compulsory. Neither of mine have ever said that to me. Or anything close to it. And we have never punished either of them either. We haven't needed to

I went out for lunch with a mate last week, he's a fucking great bloke and from what I can see great dad. He's a real family man, spends loads of time with his kids and they have been great with him. Until the last 6 months when the eldest turned 14 and gone 'Kevin the teenager' she doesn't get up doesn't like school stopped doing sports. He's had to see a counsellor as its affected him that much.

Good luck Anny, please be around in 12 years when it's happening to me.

I went out for lunch with a mate last week, he's a fucking great bloke and from what I can see great dad. He's a real family man, spends loads of time with his kids and they have been great with him. Until the last 6 months when the eldest turned 14 and gone 'Kevin the teenager' she doesn't get up doesn't like school stopped doing sports. He's had to see a counsellor as its affected him that much.

Good luck Anny, please be around in 12 years when it's happening to me.

I have heard that that is the key.

Keeping them busy playing sport.  And well away from smelly boys.

Guest Pistonbroke

Our daughter was a dream until she hit 13, then between 13 and 16 it was a fucking nightmare. She is 19 now and thankfully gone back to being a dream, well apart from the fact her room always looks like a bomb has exploded apart from when her mates are there. The two boys have been a lot easier. 

i have three kids, two eldest are girls, close in age seperated by 2 yrs.

I can honestly say the girls teenage years led to the demise of my marriage. Or at least the missus' reaction to them and my reaction to it. They fought with us, with each other and in general were horrible to be around. And the dramatics, the blaming and the faux looks of hurt and anguish when one of the baited the other into saying somthing mean. 'I cannot believe she said that, are you going to let her get away with that?'

There was always some crisis or slight going on, their arguments and trying to draw me or their mother into it to adjucate it. The snide remarks, it was fucking mental at times.

I actually had to hold my then wife back after one of them refused to go to school to get a text book to do an assignment even after I said I would drive her there, she told us it we were doing a shitty job at rasing her....I think I spent half my days sometimes plotting out potetnial flare-ups.

I can remember a few times having to leave the house or I was going to belt her. The older one was very judgmental, a type 1 diabetic since four yrs old and we kept her blood sugar levels all in range and she had perfect reading then hits the teen years and became non-compliant. lying about her readings, blowing off tsking insukin properly. drove my ex nuts, but what are you going to do? Begged, pleaded, offered incentive, took things away, nothing worked.

I actually said to her one day that even with all the bacon and ale I have comsumed in my lifetime you will die before me. Fact. So have a think how I will feel. She ran and told her mum how mean I was. Her mum totally agreed, so that little baby tell wentby the wayside.

Champ is bang on, you try making a teenage girl do something she may not fsncy doing. Take the phone away, cancelled holidays one year, long talks about mutual repsect, using respectful language, etc. It was a fucking nightmare at times.

The things they would row about. The Moho Layer (one teacher said its not important, another said it is and they rowed for days). Seriously, there was a week long fight over the significance of a part of the Earth's crust.

However, I did find out after the fact that their menses had pretty muched synched up so imagine that hell, a bitchy unhappy wife and two teenage daughters. Sometimes my only solace was the football on Saturday mornings (time zones meant that kick off was 9 am. or 630am for early games).

Anyway, they are older now (20 and 22) and they revert back to those years every now and then,I just laugh and leave. On Fathers Day, my eldest made me a homemade pizza to go with me watching the US open golf, the other comes over, sassed it saying too much cheese, and they started...can you believe she said that? how rude, and on and on so I got up, and went to the pub across the street.

they will never get along and I told them so but in my presence they will be nice to each other or i will find something and somewhere else to do and be.

there were more good times than bad but no one should have to put up with that level of shit because there is no resolution.

So Anny Road, ride it out and don't have more than one.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

Our daughter does Kick boxing and loves it, it all started off when she wanted me to teach her how to box due to me being an ex boxer and I told her she should do the kick boxing instead. It does lead to girls being less stressed which equals better times for us parents. It is also free for her now as the University which she attends give them free classes. 

I'm not underestimating that "quite" don't worry, Cath!

My girl is a decent footballer. I just worry about the day she'll prefer her phone to a training session.

one of my girls was a good ice hockey player, captain of her territorial team and was selected to go to Canada Games, which is like a mini-olympics, but she decided instead of doing training regiment her coaches put together for her she could slack all summer.

She was cut and blamed it all on stupid coaches, other girls there were 'bitches' and the workouts were i possible to do without a gym even though they tailored them for her because there was no access to a gym. Apparently it was boring and not fun.

No honey, you were cut because you were out of shape from doing nought all summer long whilst the other 'bitches' did do the training, which by the way was one hour or so a day.

Never try to talk any sembleance of sense to a teenage girls.

Just tell them they are right and the sooner the world realizes it and everyone stops being so stupid will be a great day for all of humanity. (This strategy will not work when they leave home and then get a life lesson that no one, and i mean no one, gives a fuck about your perceived problems)