You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Guest Pistonbroke

The UK of course has to approach the EU with its formal withdrawal request, then the UK will still be part of the EU for 2 years, I shall laugh when 89 year old Sheila from the North East is surrounded by immigrants as they flood the UK to get work and a home before the freedom of movement is closed down. 

Guest Pistonbroke

The Romans already started one and I'm North of it by a couple of miles. If Boris could build on top of that and shove my part of Tyneside into Scotland I'd vote for that.  He may well do as our lot always have Labour MPs. 

I was brought up in County Durham, a little town called Stanhope, very close to the border. Back in the 60's and 70's the majority were small minded fucking racists, I see not much has changed. 

I was brought up in County Durham, a little town called Stanhope, very close to the border. Back in the 60's and 70's the majority were small minded fucking racists, I see not much has changed. 

Stanhope to Middleton and the run over Edmundsbyers are famous Rally Roads and among my favourites. Stanhope to Middleton with a target average speed of 60 mph+ was fairly common a good few years ago. 

I'll gladly give up access to them if it means not being English. 

Glad Cameron has gone, and seeing as people here are tarnishing leave voters (over half the voters remember) as thick and racist at a stupid level now, fuck this shitty thread too.

No Brussels, no Cameron, and done with this completely fucked thread, triple bonus.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Stanhope to Middleton and the run over Edmundsbyers are famous Rally Roads and among my favourites. Stanhope to Middleton with a target average speed of 60 mph+ was fairly common a good few years ago. 

I'll gladly give up access to them if it means not being English. 

I used to stand on the Ford river crossing looking at all the old rally cars passing when I was a kid, we had to push quite a few out and earned some pocket money. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Glad Cameron has gone, and seeing as people here are tarnishing leave voters (over half the voters remember) as thick and racist at a stupid level now, fuck this shitty thread too.

No Brussels, no Cameron, and done with this completely fucked thread, triple bonus.

You deserve Johnson Gove et all, I'll look forward to you whining and posting shite in the future. 

Yay.

Bye bye EU (and probably Cameron)

Maybe bye bye Scotland as well, but they'd be fucking stupid to leave the UK for an EU that will probably break apart within the next decade. With eurcosceptic parties in power in Poland and Hungary. A more powerful anti leave sentiment in France than the UK. Italy with Five Star wanting a split in the Euro for the rich North and the poor South. Growing EU worries in Portugal, Spain and Greece who are all suffering major youth unemployment among a myriad of economic problems. Leaving the UK for the EU, wouldn't be the brightest move.

Re the trade issue. We are the fifth largest economy in the world by GDP, 1/5 of all cars manufactured in Germany are exported to the UK, they export nearly three times as much to us as we do to them and we are their 3rd largest export market. Similarly we are the 3rd largest export market for France. I just can't believe that they will impose any sort of tariffs on us. 

Really good to see a high turnout, probably because people recognise that unlike in a general election every single vote actually matters! But this simple is ignored on the news.

I bet that a lot more people would be in favour of general elections results being counted the same way as referenda. 

Which leads me nicely onto the remain politicians trying to paint this as some kind of narrow victory. If the votes had been counted as they are during a general election, I'm pretty fucking sure that Leave campaign would be able to form a government with the largest parliamentary majority in modern times/if ever! So i'm unsure what the remain politicians are saying? That most British government's haven't had a mandate from the electorate?

No more paying child benefit to children who have never stepped foot in the UK!

Fuck you EU, fuck you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For someone reliant on benefits and the mental health service you have strange knack of wanting to hurt yourself.

• Upvote 1

Why are leave voters being called racist?

How is someone racist against his own race?

Is Canada racist because they don't have open borders?

Is the only way you can be classed as a non racist, is if you agree with an open border policy?

I find this all very confusing.

My dad has just said to me it's could to be out because and I shit you not "you can be arrested for ANYTHING if we're in the EU"?

No I don't know what he means either.  He then started ranting on about laws about Pillows? 

Then again he also claims that he saw Farage earlier and he didn't say the NHS £350 million thing a mistake apparently. 

• Upvote 1

For someone reliant on benefits and the mental health service you have strange knack of wanting to hurt yourself.

He'll just pluck some conspiracy theory out of his arse and blame someone else. The lad is a complete and utter fucking idiot. Maybe he can do us all a favour and fuck off from the forum rather than just the thread.

• Upvote 3