You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

No, the proposed future collapse of the EU by Njackets, would lead to a rise in xenophobia and fascism in Europe in my opinion.

Of course the leave campaign in the UK was indeed led by fascists (Boris, Gove) and xenophobes (Farage). And the result will be a boon to right wing nationalists continent wide.

That presumes the EU will fall apart and even then, its not a given that xenophobia and fascism in Europe will rise.

A sore loser methinks.

At least I haven't got 2 accounts. Bad weirdo.

People are concerned. People might lose their jobs. The pound is tanking. It'll probably be worse tomorrow. People fear for their loved ones being allowed to continue to live here. People fear that their rights in the workplace will be trampled all over.

And you're gloating and claiming victory for putting an x in a box.

Well done. You're such a star.

• Upvote 2

No, the proposed future collapse of the EU by Njackets, would lead to a rise in xenophobia and fascism in Europe in my opinion.

Of course the leave campaign in the UK was indeed led by fascists (Boris, Gove) and xenophobes (Farage). And the result will be a boon to right wing nationalists continent wide.

The tactics of hatred and blame are now established as successful. It's a massive shift to the hard right. I'm disgusted.

At least I haven't got 2 accounts. Bad weirdo.

People are concerned. People might lose their jobs. The pound is tanking. It'll probably be worse tomorrow. People fear for their loved ones being allowed to continue to live here. People fear that their rights in the workplace will be trampled all over.

And you're gloating and claiming victory for putting an x in a box.

Well done. You're such a star.

Haha. Its the fucking internet mate. That's why you're not posting under your real name.

Of course Im celebrating a victory, its what I wanted. im sure you'd have been 'gloating' in your posts to me if the result had gone the other way. People like you seem to think people like me dont have any children, relatives and friends that may be impacted by this decision. Yet more inaccurate presumptions by you.

And dont think for one minute Im celebrating the fact some people may lose their jobs. The only ones I will celebrate losing their jobs are tories.

Well I didn't expect this, and I guess this thread will get fairly uglier over the next few days. The blame should really be on the EU itself though I think, for being a corporate joke, not the voters.

It's going to have to hit home at some point though that over half of the voters aren't simply thick, racist and so on. We're going to have to try to move on, and if someone like Corbyn is elected in the future, this country could actually get quite a lot better.

Corbyn himself too, who a lot of you support, probably isn't going to be that bothered. So why so many here are is fairly odd. It might take a while, but things could improve quite a bit once the initial chaos has passed if we have less manipulation from the mob in Brussels.

Well I didn't expect this, and I guess this thread will get fairly uglier over the next few days. The blame should really be on the EU itself though I think, for being a corporate joke, not the voters.

It's going to have to hit home at some point though that over half of the voters aren't simply thick, racist and so on. We're going to have to try to move on, and if someone like Corbyn is elected in the future, this country could actually get quite a lot better.

Corbyn himself too, who a lot of you support, probably isn't going to be that bothered. So why so many here are is fairly odd. It might take a while, but things could improve quite a bit once the initial chaos has passed if we have less manipulation from the mob in Brussels.

Me neither. I thought Remain would win it.

I think Corbyn, along with Cameron, could be a goner unless polls show a majority of Labour voters voted to remain.

You get that you're going to be broke and fucked for years, don't you? Your status as the third largest country for inward investment, that money's going to dry up very quickly. The poor areas of the country that rely on EU grants for the only help they've had in years, that's gone. All the jobs that rely on exporting to Europe, well there's a bunch of European-based competitors just eager to make it impossible for those exports to be competitive in the future. And the state of the pound will mean that you can't afford those imports that make life a little pleasanter. Even the city boys will suffer as the German banks spot their opportunity to grab a bunch of business. And woe betide you if you want a decent plumber, cleaner or any of those jobs that have been dependent on EU citizens because now they are going to cost you a fortune.

• Upvote 1

Fewer in proportion.

The lefties who want out may have done so for all the right reasons, but I think they will be rather disappointed in the outcomes in the future.

I think we'd have been massively disappointed with a remain vote in the future. Listening to someone on the BBC now asking what the plan is, well what was the plan if we stayed? I don't think that was clear at all either, and that nothing very concrete was put forward. The EU wasn't going to magically get better, and I don't think the good intentions of the remain voters would have done much. Now of course, anything bad with the EU can easily be blamed on this vote, but anyway, I guess it's over now and we just try to move on.

The main thing is that there's a lot more people in this country that aren't racist, and that don't want some of the shit that some of the idiots in Ukip and other parties want. Those of us that want what's best for all of us (including the people of other countries in Europe.) should maybe try using this to our advantage. Because at the end of the day, we do now if this goes forward have more independence. If we can get a better government sorted, it could eventually work out a lot more than it has done so far.

You get that you're going to be broke and fucked for years, don't you? Your status as the third largest country for inward investment, that money's going to dry up very quickly. The poor areas of the country that rely on EU grants for the only help they've had in years, that's gone. All the jobs that rely on exporting to Europe, well there's a bunch of European-based competitors just eager to make it impossible for those exports to be competitive in the future. And the state of the pound will mean that you can't afford those imports that make life a little pleasanter. Even the city boys will suffer as the German banks spot their opportunity to grab a bunch of business. And woe betide you if you want a decent plumber, cleaner or any of those jobs that have been dependent on EU citizens because now they are going to cost you a fortune.

I don't think a lot of that is true, and that time will show that. Anyway, getting into a debate with some of you here, who are understandably pissed off at the moment, is probably a bad idea. And I've not slept yet either.

So I'll try to stop posting stuff for the time being.

Jesus fucking Christ. I live in a country where the national mood is in tune with Johnson, Farrage and Gove. I feel both surrounded and trapped.

Cheer up, you're an educator, one of the few people that could actually make a difference to the frigging mess that the current generation have caused

I think we'd have been massively disappointed with a remain vote in the future. Listening to someone on the BBC now asking what the plan is, well what was the plan if we stayed? I don't think that was clear at all either, and that nothing very concrete was put forward. The EU wasn't going to magically get better, and I don't think the good intentions of the remain voters would have done much. Now of course, anything bad with the EU can easily be blamed on this vote, but anyway, I guess it's over now and we just try to move on.

The main thing is that there's a lot more people in this country that aren't racist, and that don't want some of the shit that some of the idiots in Ukip and other parties want. Those of us that want what's best for all of us (including the people of other countries in Europe.) should maybe try using this to our advantage. Because at the end of the day, we do now if this goes forward have more independence. If we can get a better government sorted, it could eventually work out a lot more than it has done so far.

All well and good if the Out campaign was led with increased democracy and social worth as its driving themes.

But it wasn't, it was xenophobia and right wing crankery.

To add insult to fucking injury, I held off buying my Euros until after yesterday's debacle in the (now idiotic) hope that the pound would strengthen dramatically. This country is awash with cunts.

Jesus fucking Christ. I live in a country where the national mood is in tune with Johnson, Farrage and Gove. I feel both surrounded and trapped.

I voted remain but maybe it was more a case that Johnson, Farage and Gove where in tune with the nation.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk