You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is our manager

Can't believe he is still here.

He sits in silence whilst his coaches get the bullet. Infact, nothing has been heard from him or the club at all. Yet Klopp flutters his eyelids at us.

I sincerely hope he gets the boot otherwise he will bet exposed as the mediocre manager he is yet again when the season starts. Thing is he's getting exposed at our expense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can't believe he is still here.

He sits in silence whilst his coaches get the bullet. Infact, nothing has been heard from him or the club at all. Yet Klopp flutters his eyelids at us.

I sincerely hope he gets the boot otherwise he will bet exposed as the mediocre manager he is yet again when the season starts. Thing is he's getting exposed at our expense.

What prem managers have you been seeing talking to the press since the end of the season? BR is on his holiday like the rest and I doubt we will here anything from him until the start of pre season.

I'm not surprised we haven't heard anything about the coaches leaving as it would make sense to me to wait until the new guys are hired, reasons can then be given like we got rid of them so we could hire so and so for whatever reasons they have.

What prem managers have you been seeing talking to the press since the end of the season? BR is on his holiday like the rest and I doubt we will here anything from him until the start of pre season.

Agree with this. I wanted him sacked but he wasn't. He deserves a rest as much as anyone, maybe even more so as he's a massive task ahead of him and he absolutely must get it right from the start. Personally I'm glad he's keeping a low profile right now given the hostility towards him and the fact many don't like listening to him anyway. 

He needs to make the most of this time to reflect on everything that went wrong. He had a lot of challenges last year, some he handled well, some he fell flat. He's also got to either pick the new staff or figure out how to get along with them if they end up being FSG appointees. 

If he thought last year was hard he's about to find out just how hard things can get.

I love Stevie but I don't think he should be saying anything here. He's only just hung up his Liverpool boots and I think he is better off staying out of this one.

As for Hyypia, obviously a great defender - one of the very best of the Premier League era, and a strong candidate for best business done, when factoring in price and impact made, by any team. However... he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory since he departed, so I would have a slight question mark if he were to come in and coach. If it has been decided that Rodgers needs help with the coaching, then experience is needed. The likes of Ayesteran, someone with a track record. Then in addition to this, we need a better CEO than Ayre. He came in and did well on the commercial side, but then I thought his remit widened beyond his skill set - he lacks gravitas in the wider footballing world, and there are big question marks over his ability to get deals done for players.

It's hard to know what to make of everything at the moment. I don't think the owners are playing games, as if they want to clear the decks and go again they would have no qualms about sacking whoever they feel is necessary.

Maybe they really do believe Brendan has something to bring, and he could have a very bright future at Liverpool, but he needs some help to get there. His own hubris has perhaps blinded him to that, but on the back of a chastening season perhaps the owners are making him see sense.

Then again, there remains the nagging suspicion that this is a bit of a drawn out sacking. It's hard to know what to think.

I think gerrards earned the right to speak his mind, youve no right to tell him shit mate, youll never do more for lfc than him.

Still can't believe he's been kept on by FSG. Finished with humiliation and less points than Moyes got at United. The whole place stinks, we need a new slate, Klopp is available, yet this guy is still here. Fucking depressing. Accepted mediocrity

Still can't believe he's been kept on by FSG. Finished with humiliation and less points than Moyes got at United. The whole place stinks, we need a new slate, Klopp is available, yet this guy is still here. Fucking depressing. Accepted mediocrity.

Fixed (added a full stop at the end.)

*cries*

I'm not surprised we haven't heard anything about the coaches leaving as it would make sense to me to wait until the new guys are hired, reasons can then be given like we got rid of them so we could hire so and so for whatever reasons they have.

Van Gaal, Mourinho for starters.

Sooner Brenton gets fired off the better. hes created a situation which is irreversible by him as he hasn't got the managerial nouse to fix it. Also, better men are waiting in the wings.

Next season will be another car crash. Even the owners don't trust him with cash. I suspect that the reason he is still here is because Klopp wanted a sabbatical, but now he is making soundbites about wanting to come to England I doubt that has gone unnoticed.

Besides, the club have been very quiet on everything, which considering all the speculation is a bit odd.

You may be charmed by his smooth talking, but for me I'd rather have a blind giraffe in charge. He's a conman and any decent club would have punted him weeks ago.

• Downvote 1

A fucking 20mil Lovren in defence for big parts of the season while we loan out Coates to Sunderland. That's some real retarded shit right there. We should recall him and play him instead. He's still only 24 and he'll very likely turn out to be a good, possibly great, player (if not, could he have been as bad as Lovren was?) Wow we really are shit at this aren't we? What's the point in signing young players with potential when we're so fucking clueless with them so often?

Sold Kelly, sold Suso, loaned out Coates to play Lovren instead, Markovic used as a wing back, what a mess. Things need to change quickly. Rodgers still has a few months of the season to me, if he fucks up at that stage he's got to be out.

A fucking 20mil Lovren in defence for big parts of the season while we loan out Coates to Sunderland. That's some real retarded shit right there. We should recall him and play him instead. He's still only 24 and he'll very likely turn out to be a good, possibly great, player (if not, could he have been as bad as Lovren was?) Wow we really are shit at this aren't we? What's the point in signing young players with potential when we're so fucking clueless with them so often?

Sold Kelly, sold Suso, loaned out Coates to play Lovren instead, Markovic used as a wing back, what a mess. Things need to change quickly. Rodgers still has a few months of the season to me, if he fucks up at that stage he's got to be out.

We let Agger go for free. Then buy Lovern.

Yeah there's that too which also did my head in, considering he was one of my favourite players. Was just trying to focus on younger players in that last post.

Am also hoping Skrtel stays, because if he leaves we could be in serious trouble with the way Rodgers has had our defence working.

But you know he couldn't play in the PL. or do you not believe him? He hasn't even been able to play much in Denmark for fucks sake.

And Kelly, Suso, Coates and the rest are all a bit shit. The sort of players not suitable for a top 4 team. I don't mind us getting rid of these players- I want us to buy players significantly better than them.

Sporting director Rud was quick to purr with praise, telling Ekstra Bladet: "If I may be a little cocky, I would say that he is too good for the Danish league.

"We just have to pinch ourselves on the arm when we see that he is with us - and I regularly do that."

And Rud's praise was equalled by Frank, who has the pleasure of coaching Agger at Brondby and being able to field him for the Danish giants.

"He has so much class", Frank exclaimed.

"He has the whole package and he's in a league of his own.

"There is no doubt that he is the Superliga's best player and he showed that."

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/05/26/ex-liverpool-star-daniel-agger-hailed-as-class-and-too-good-for-danish-league/210536/#7ilg3w2YI0e9Mj63.99

But you know he couldn't play in the PL. or do you not believe him? He hasn't even been able to play much in Denmark for fucks sake.

And Kelly, Suso, Coates and the rest are all a bit shit. The sort of players not suitable for a top 4 team. I don't mind us getting rid of these players- I want us to buy players significantly better than them.

We could have used Martin Kelly, Coates or Ilori last season instead of Lovren, set fire to £20m and been no worse off. Or we could have used that £20m on a good footballer (be it a centre half, DM or towards a top striker) and been better off, rather than swallow the bullshitters bollocks about how Lovren was going to be our leader. The man who couldn't spot a defender if he bumped into Franco Baresi.

As for Agger you couuld understand letting him go for the right reasons but to spend £20m on Lovren! Agger even as he is now is better than Lovren. He's vocal and speaks his mind and Rodgers doesn't like that (as Hodgson didn't). His interview a few months back was telling.

• Upvote 2

We could have used Martin Kelly, Coates or Ilori last season instead of Lovren, set fire to £20m and been no worse off. Or we could have used that £20m on a good footballer (be it a centre half, DM or towards a top striker) and been better off, rather than swallow the bullshitters bollocks about how Lovren was going to be our leader. The man who couldn't spot a defender if he bumped into Franco Baresi.

And Suso could have been back up to Coutinho. Rather than wasting £25m on Lallana.

Kelly is not shit, hes better than lovren by fucking miles. Hes better than toure and better at right back than can. Was part of the palace side that took us apart like a bored child with a daddy long legs.

Pretty sure illori is utter shit though. Needs to join the greek leaguewith all our other 27 year old under 18 stars we had high hopes for but who turned out under the title 'potential' as in 'age is in the mind' and fooled so many for too long.

• Downvote 1

Agger has given interviews in Denmark saying the reason he left is because of Rodgers. Or do you not believe him ?

Did you not believe Agger when he himself said he couldn't cope with the PL anymore and do you not remember him getting bullied by any striker with pace and power.

When fans bring up Agger I'm assuming they don't know he has been injured most of the season again and hasn't played a lot in Denmark or they wouldn't be criticising BR for selling him.

And Suso could have been back up to Coutinho. Rather than wasting £25m on Lallana.

Said this at the time. We simply didn't need Lallana. The whole point of an expensive youth system is players like Suso can develop and pad out the squad rather than £25m on the likes of Lallana or £20m on Lovren when you've paid big money for Coates and Ilori (not to mention Sakho).

The possibly fraudulent waste of £50m on those decidedly average Southampton players could have gone towards paying Sanchez 200k+ a week or whatever, or at least gone on a boss player or a couple of very good ones. It's frightening that we could get another £40m+ for Sterling, spend the money and not have a good player to show for it yet again.

Let the young players we've paid good money for pad out the squad and concentrate on buying a couple of quality players for the team every summer. The strategy is just a joke.

You could also compare Markovic to Ibe and ask the same questions.

£65m + agents fees + wages for 3 players who haven't improved us. Easy to say after the event of course but there has to be a path to the first team for the promising young players otherwise it's pointless having any at all.