You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is our manager

Where has this myth come from that Lallana was subbed off in loads of games for Southampton? In 1314 he played in all 38 league games and totalled 3086 minutes - that's 81 minutes per game.

That doesn't suggest he was always being hauled off to me.

Can Stringvest please confirm this is true? 

• Upvote 6

That strike force would get us top 4 imo but we could do better, with Ings, Origi and Sturridge we have strikers with pace and movement so I could understand if we were looking at bringing in a target man alongside them.

Benteke wouldn't be my choice however and I'd like us to go for someone who's got the power but their main strength is the technical side, someone like an Adebayor or Ibrahimovic in their prime.

That strikeforce wouldnt get us into the top 7

We went the whole of last season without a fit, decent striker and finished top six.

Ha, "finished top six" is an excellent way of saying we finished sixth.

On a serious note, we're probably going to be without last year's two top scorers so finishing out of the top seven wouldn't come as an enormous surprise.

I wonder if FSG haven't reached an impasse with this particular investment and have no idea where to go from here.

Good post, repped.

Just wanted to comment on this bit, as it by much looks to me like the whole thing is in limbo at the moment. Things are in limbo with Brendan - are the owners going to back him or sack him? You get the sense that they are hedging their bets (pun intended) as if there is a turnaround they win, without going through the expense of sacking him and bringing in a new team, say Klopp and his staff, and handing him a healthy transfer budget.

The other sense in which things seem in limbo is that the owners look like they have a valuable asset, but they aren't exactly sure whether to invest in that asset, or sell it. I think the relaxation of FFP makes it lean towards the latter, but at the moment we still represent a profitable asset for them, given the TV deal and the increase in value of the club in relation to what they bought it for.

We're in limbo.

Good post, repped.

Just wanted to comment on this bit, as it by much looks to me like the whole thing is in limbo at the moment. Things are in limbo with Brendan - are the owners going to back him or sack him? You get the sense that they are hedging their bets (pun intended) as if there is a turnaround they win, without going through the expense of sacking him and bringing in a new team, say Klopp and his staff, and handing him a healthy transfer budget.

The other sense in which things seem in limbo is that the owners look like they have a valuable asset, but they aren't exactly sure whether to invest in that asset, or sell it. I think the relaxation of FFP makes it lean towards the latter, but at the moment we still represent a profitable asset for them, given the TV deal and the increase in value of the club in relation to what they bought it for.

We're in limbo.

To be honest I think your giving them too much credit in their thinking, to me it seems they arnt going to invest heavy because they don't have faith in the manager but are to stingy to get rid of him because of the financial ramifications with compensation plus budget for the incoming manager, for me it's as simple as that, I don't think they've got any intention of selling which is making them hesitant, they've always moved at a fucking snails pace with anything they've done

Ha, "finished top six" is an excellent way of saying we finished sixth.

On a serious note, we're probably going to be without last year's two top scorers so finishing out of the top seven wouldn't come as an enormous surprise.

I'm sure someone else can take penalties and we play better without Gerrard these days.

I think we'll be better than we were last season, time will tell I suppose.

• Upvote 1

The actual contribution of Gerrard and Sterling last season, on the pitch, is something we should be looking to better next time around. I think we will, but the issue is going to be 'how much better will we be?' Put it this way, I can't see any of the teams who finished above us doing worse.

Chelsea will probably be the team to beat again. They can pile on the goals and they can win ugly. Mourinho doesn't care about putting on a show. He cares about doing what it takes to win games.

Man City will improve. I think Pellegrini was at risk for the sack, but the owners have decided to back him and you have to expect that they will buy 3-4 very good players.

Arsenal are looking strong these days. They have always had a good young team and finished in the top four, but they now have the budget to buy accomplished players with a view to challenging for the title.

Man Utd were vulnerable last season. We laughed early on when it looked like Van Gaal was leading them down the wrong path. Unfortunately they got the last laugh, as things came together for them and they came to Anfield and bossed us. Our problems got worse while they did enough to finish top four, and because they are such a financial juggernaut, they have money to burn again.

We will improve, but to break into the top four we will have to improve quite a lot.

PS - I know Spurs finished above us too, but they are in much the same boat. If they want to crack the group of four above, they will need to improve a lot too.

Outside football? You are having a laugh.

He is "inside" football for the rented pussies and the lamborginis. That's about it. He is not hungry for success or trophies. His eyes and attitude speaks volumes. Have a look at the lives of World Class managers and you will spot the difference with the Chelsea loving YESman.

• Downvote 2

I'd like to see a bit taken off Brendan's shirt, in the arms. He's a rich fella and should be wearing shirts made to measure. That just looks a bit long to me. Also, everyone else seems to be dressed a bit more casually. Brendan could have got away with a short-sleeved option there.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't mind him sauntering off around Europe with his latest trophy bint if he wasn't do such a shite job at the footballing side of things.

Sauntering off around Europe with his latest trophy bint. Just repeating that for emphasis. Grow up.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see a bit taken off Brendan's shirt, in the arms. He's a rich fella and should be wearing shirts made to measure. That just looks a bit long to me. Also, everyone else seems to be dressed a bit more casually. Brendan could have got away with a short-sleeved option there.

He probably changed at halftime after realizing long sleeves don't work.

• Upvote 1

That strike force would get us top 4 imo but we could do better, with Ings, Origi and Sturridge we have strikers with pace and movement so I could understand if we were looking at bringing in a target man alongside them.

Benteke wouldn't be my choice however and I'd like us to go for someone who's got the power but their main strength is the technical side, someone like an Adebayor or Ibrahimovic in their prime.

yeah yeah yeah pace and movement Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

none of them are top strikers apart from Sturridge who is always injured.

We have a target man Balotelli, did not work too well this season. 

Will it fuck!