You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

It's actually good he's leaving. He's exposing FSG for the bullshitters they are.

They sold us on 'the best young talent'  model and asked for patience for young players to develop and for plans to reach fruition, and now that they actually have in their possession a player who won Europe's 'golden boy' award, they balk at paying him good money at a time when he had actually earned it.

Now you have the twat running around shooting his mouth off and making us look like a bunch of cunts. If you knew he was dead set on leaving, give him his wish and makt the twat sign a gagging order so he doesn't do exactly what he's doing now.

Who the fuck is running the club. Who is the head honcho who deals with this shit? Whoever that person is they need fucking off asap. 

Also, side rant: I'm so glad to hear that Michele Twattini has showed FFP to be the complete car tire full of shit that it really is and 'eased' the restrictions. Now at least we may see FSG sell up to someone who is actually prepared to do what's needed to get us popping again. Right now it's like watching a Ferrari being driven by an old man who gears down in the fucking corners.

Drive the car or fuckoff you huge douches, and FFS take Ayre with you. 

• Upvote 10

Wish someone would have bullied me into signing a £100,000 a week contract when I was 20.

Completely irrelevant. If he can earn more at a club that's actually going to be competing for trophies, why the hell wouldn't he leave? Would you turn down a new job which offered you a massive pay rise as well as a better chance at career progression? He's a greedy twat allright, but so is everyone else in the business. Think about how much we wasted in the transfer market last year, an extra 50k works out to 6.5 million over 5 years.That's less than what we paid for Aspas for fucks sake.

As with every other relationship, the one with the power calls the shots, & as with the Suarez situation, it's not us. Got to laughat theoutrage directed in his direction as well, if anyone's worth getting pissed off at, it's Rodgers & the congregation of cunts that make up the transfer committee, until they start doing the job they're paid to do, this is going to happen over and over again. I look forward to the Fuck of Coutinho thread next year. Oh, & the Jordon Ibe is a twat thread the year after.

• Upvote 2

Also, side rant: I'm so glad to hear that Michele Twattini has showed FFP to be the complete car tire full of shit that it really is and 'eased' the restrictions. Now at least we may see FSG sell up to someone who is actually prepared to do what's needed to get us popping again. Right now it's like watching a Ferrari being driven by an old man who gears down in the fucking corners.

Eh, when did this happen?

Don't think any of this can be laid at the club's door, he's 20, been in the team for 18 months and played well for about 6 of those months. Been offered big money, played in big games and been picked for England. Carragher is right, he's got to earn those trophies.

What annoys me about players like Sterling is that they don't credit fans with the brains to know what they're really doing.

The minute you see him on an interview saying 'it's not about money' you know exactly what's going on.

Odious little cunt, genuinely hate him, he embodies everything that's wrong with the game, plus his playing style reminds me of the way Jay tries to ride a motorbike in the Inbetweeners.

• Upvote 5

Don't think any of this can be laid at the club's door

Yes, of course! Ignore the club's hapless transfer strategy, the chancers in charge of the day to day running, and the owner's reluctance to compete financially with the elite clubs.

Perfect.

• Upvote 1

Yes, of course! Ignore the club's hapless transfer strategy, the chancers in charge of the day to day running, and the owner's reluctance to compete financially with the elite clubs.

Perfect.

"20 year old who plays shite left dismayed at team's shit performance"

I would gladly sell Raheem for £50m. We have Ibe who I do rate higher than Sterling.

Also, why the fuck does he think he deserves more than £100k/week? I'm sorry but his performances have been shit for the last 7-8 games or so. He was only an excellent player when it coincided with our winning streak.

Good but would I choose £50m over him? Definitely. Sanchez, Di Maria, Ozil, Suarez, Costa, Fabregas etc all cost less than £50m and these are the players who have significantly more experience than Sterling and who have played at a far higher level than Sterling has for the past 5 years.

Please don't say Sterling is a revelation, he really isn't. He's just a pacy 20 year old player who has managed to outperform his team mates this season. How many English players have there been within the last 10 years who showed the same amount of talent like Sterling, but have failed now?

Within our own team? I'll take Coutinho any day over Sterling if we could only keep one.

If anyone's gonna whine that FSG should have paid him what he wanted, then it's pretty foolish as it would only create a toxic culture where each player would be able to earn more than he's worth. Besides, if he does play well for next season? Would he be asking for £200k/wk?

Bottom line: He's no Suarez and he can fuck off if we get the right price for him.

• Upvote 1

Carragher was right in what he said; Sterling's attitude is symptomatic of a number of issues, one being those running the club simply cannot compete strategically or financially with the best around.

Liverpool FC deserves better custodians.

• Upvote 2

Who is the head honcho who deals with this shit? 

ian-ayre-killer-whale.jpg

Aaaah... the magical mystery tour

Roll up, roll up for the mystery tour

Roll up (And that's an invitation), roll up for the mystery tour

Roll up (To make a reservation), roll up for the mystery tour

The magical mystery tour is coming to take you away

Coming to take you away

The magical mystery tour is dying to take you away

Dying to take you away, take you today

Carragher was right in what he said; Sterling's attitude is symptomatic of a number of issues, one being those running the club simply cannot compete strategically or financially with the best around.

Liverpool FC deserves better custodians.

None of which explains his twattery, else nobody would be able to hang onto a player for longer than five minutes.

Someone like McManaman took shit for what he did but he carried the club for years and still had not won anything of note.

Sterling has done absolutely fuck all in the game of football, fuck all. I absolutely guarantee he doesn't care what we do or do not achieve.

• Upvote 3

Get the Best manager, Best CEO. Or get used to players forcing transfers and mediocrity.

Do you genuinely think if we had a different manager it would stop players forcing transfers or is it just a handy lead in to another sack Rogers shit fest.

Because history isn't with you on the players front.

• Upvote 1

I absolutely guarantee he doesn't care what we do or do not achieve.

I'm not sure the disconnect is as you suggest.

CL football and trophies improve significantly the image rights and commercial deals a player can negotiate. If a player lacks confidence in a manager/club to deliver then that is about money and success.

And with Gerrard now going/gone there is not a single player in the dressing room left who provides a link with past glories.

Really interesting one this one. I won't miss him. He has potential but he has so much more to learn.

The way he has handled himself over this has been awful.

It is really interesting the dynamic between and the Anfield crowd. His name has never been belted out - filling the stadium. And that says a lot.

For me, it is disappointing to see potential good players leave, however I am optimistic that it presents a better opportunity to buy a couple of players we really need - notwithstanding Brendan's poor transfer selections.

Carragher's right. You can't have players holding a gun to a club's head.

If he doesn't want to play for Liverpool, he's not the right sort of player to play anyway.

I'm not sure I'd want him at City either. He'd be doing the same thing with us in a couple of years too. The lad's fucking up his career and reputation.

He's perfect for you, he's a cunt.