You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Testimonial for Gerrard

markcd

In the absence of time machines, what would be the strongest "Gerrard's Team-mates XI" to play against Liverpool this season?  (I've ruled out any retired players, assuming they've spent all their time in the pie shop.)

My best effort is reflective of our recent history - patchy, to say the least.

Reina

Arbeloa - Coates - Agger - Insua*

Mascherano       Alonso

Kuyt - Suarez - Downing

Torres

(*Seriously.  You try finding a better LB.)

If loan players were allowed, then Ilori in for Coates and Wisdom for Insua maybe? I know he's not a LB, but I'd trust him to do a job there and he's been playing for the first team at Derby.

Always liked Meireles.

I too always liked Meireles. When Kenny first took over he hit form during that last half of the season and started banging them in, as well as linking well with Torres. I always felt that Kenny's team never recovered from losing him.

In the absence of time machines, what would be the strongest "Gerrard's Team-mates XI" to play against Liverpool this season? (I've ruled out any retired players, assuming they've spent all their time in the pie shop.)

My best effort is reflective of our recent history - patchy, to say the least.

Reina

Arbeloa - Coates - Agger - Insua*

Mascherano Alonso

Kuyt - Suarez - Downing

Torres

(*Seriously. You try finding a better LB.)

That just wrong. Downing should never ever be listed in ANY Liverpool 11.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to watch this, you can get a day pass to LFC TV Go for £1 - with the money going to the charity.

"LFCTV GO

If you are already an LFCTV GO subscriber you will be able to access all of the match coverage on your normal subscription, wherever you are in the world!

Not an existing LFCTV GO subscriber but want access to the Liverpool All-Star Charity Match? Get a 24 hour pass for just £1 and the whole £1 will go to the charity fund!

The 24 hour pass will be on sale from 7pm on Saturday 28th March until 7pm 29th March and will be valid for 24 hours from the point of purchase. This will give access to the live TV feed as well as on-demand video content.

If you are not an existing LFCTV GO subscriber but want to sign up and get access to not only this exciting game, but lots of other exclusive content click here for more information.

Terms and conditions apply. "

If anyone wants to watch this, you can get a day pass to LFC TV Go for £1 - with the money going to the charity.

"LFCTV GO

If you are already an LFCTV GO subscriber you will be able to access all of the match coverage on your normal subscription, wherever you are in the world!

Not an existing LFCTV GO subscriber but want access to the Liverpool All-Star Charity Match? Get a 24 hour pass for just £1 and the whole £1 will go to the charity fund!

The 24 hour pass will be on sale from 7pm on Saturday 28th March until 7pm 29th March and will be valid for 24 hours from the point of purchase. This will give access to the live TV feed as well as on-demand video content.

If you are not an existing LFCTV GO subscriber but want to sign up and get access to not only this exciting game, but lots of other exclusive content click here for more information.

Terms and conditions apply. "

Web site is obviously the work of Ian fucking Ayres. Just tried to buy (OK , there's a first time for everything) a 24 hr pass. Spent an hour going around in circles ending up with a blank screen. Fuck 'em, somebody has got to be streaming or posting it on youtube. Got the shits with 2am kick-offs anyway

Web site is obviously the work of Ian fucking Ayres. Just tried to buy (OK , there's a first time for everything) a 24 hr pass. Spent an hour going around in circles ending up with a blank screen. Fuck 'em, somebody has got to be streaming or posting it on youtube. Got the shits with 2am kick-offs anyway

I think the server might have crashed. Doesn't really bode well when they try and stream the match later....

The thing is with Brad Jones he's probably the longest serving player at the club after Gerrard. Like the person in work, 'the lifer' that has no real ambition than to just exist and get paid. Nothing wrong with that as he's landed himself in a great little earner so good luck to him. Glad to see Stevie has picked him as they must know each other really well.