You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winter coats and jackets

Mike D

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

The Sapper is the one that’s loosely based on a M65 field jacket, isn’t it?

Aye mate. Though the pockets are within the outer shell (rather than sown on) to keep it looking smart. Works with a suit or jeans.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I tell you what, I walked out of work at 6pm tonight and I have never felt the air temperature so cold. Not even in the Austrian Alps. The second I set foot outside it felt like my nose was gonna burst open with a colossal nosebleed.

I honestly think my Snugpak Sasquatch saved my life tonight.

Warmest jacket I've ever owned.

On 05/11/2022 at 12:47, Section_31 said:

I've got quite a bit of Tog24 stuff, decent quality and doesn't cost a fortune.

I've got a Tog24 flat cap and I'm gonna wear it tomorrow to keep my big baldy head warm.

• Upvote 2

On 26/10/2022 at 09:56, Simbo said:

This has been put through its paces over the last week and it is unbelievably warm! The last few times I’ve been out in it I have had to pull the zip down slightly to let some cool air in. 

Well happy.

• Upvote 4

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Never thought I'd say this but considering getting a Barbour. Tried this Navy Ashby on in John Lewis recently and was really impressed. Are they still widely worn by dickheads or have they moved on to something else now?

000322346.jpg

I've had a padded one for years and I'll probably wear it a bit when walking the dog this winter so yes. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Never thought I'd say this but considering getting a Barbour. Tried this Navy Ashby on in John Lewis recently and was really impressed. Are they still widely worn by dickheads or have they moved on to something else now?

000322346.jpg

You should be ok unless you spend lots of time in semi-rural towns and villages.

I prefer the Sapper jacket.

01B3A2D9-F7B0-456B-95F4-551264195209.jpeg

https://charleshobson.co.uk/mens/mens-coats/barbour-sapper-wax-jacket-olive/

7 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

You should be ok unless you spend lots of time in semi-rural towns and villages.

I prefer the Sapper jacket.

01B3A2D9-F7B0-456B-95F4-551264195209.jpeg

https://charleshobson.co.uk/mens/mens-coats/barbour-sapper-wax-jacket-olive/

Yeah it's more my style that, I like the corbridge too but I've got something similar.

• Upvote 1

I've got two Barbour jackets. The first I bought was a Steve McQueen harrington jacket and if it's okay for him, it's fine for me. The second was a light waterproof harrington style one for summer, also good.

It is a brand for toffs and dickheads, but they make good quality stuff.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I've got two Barbour jackets. The first I bought was a Steve McQueen harrington jacket and if it's okay for him, it's fine for me. The second was a light waterproof harrington style one for summer, also good.

It is a brand for toffs and dickheads, but they make good quality stuff.

I was looking at that harrington actually it looks boss, I need something longer though to hide my saggy middle aged arse.

I struggle to spend big on clothes as my weight goes up and down and they end up in the loft for 18 month stretches. For that very reason I bought a "wax" jacket from peacocks last year and it tore after about three weeks.

6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve never seen a Canada Goose coat that I’ve thought looked nice.

There's a fine line with winter coats in the UK as you're rarely outdoors for more  than an hour at a time unless you're a fan of carboot sales, and once you go into a shop or something you'll be sweating your tits off in one of these