You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Whistleblower exposes MMR Autism link

Arl arse

18 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Reality doesn't allow room for the kind of doubt you're trying to shoehorn in.

I repeat; bullshit kills.

Of course reality allows it, it's questioning the agencies and corporations involved that have a history of corruption. I'm not anti-vax and will feel free to question.

You're talking about bullshit killing too, but mandatory vaccines could literally...be bullshit that kills. A small percentage of cases could lead to bad reactions from vaccines they have no choice with and lead to deaths. There has to be a better understanding of who's likely to have bad reactions, and people should be able to choose their vaccines and the schedule, even if I do think it's best to have them.

A forced vaccine program with corporations tied to/funding/lobbying health agencies and continually making profits from adding more and more vaccines, which adds even more unpredictability into the picture.....that's not something I agree with.

At some point we have to draw a line on what we accept as a vaccine program and how many vaccines that amounts to, because I doubt big pharma is gonna be interesting in making less cash.

1. The FDA/CDC have a history of corruption. 

2. The FDA/CDC support vaccines.

Conclusion - It's right to ignore the overwhelming scientific evidence and be wary of some unspecified potential future danger.

1. Adolf Hitler was a genocidal cunt.

2. Adolf Hitler loved dogs.

Conclusion  - It's right to be wary of dog-owners, as they might be genocidal cunts.

• Upvote 2

The reality is vaccine programs have been so successful the 20 to 35 year olds producing next generation of children don't know how bad or how dangerous life was for infants especially even at start of 20th century. Are they safe - probably not, can there be reactions -definitely, can there be life long detrimental effects for individuals- possibly, do vaccines work - definitely. Does big pharma make money out of vaccines -yes . Do we as a society want infants dying from preventable diseases-no. 

There is risk reward in nearly every decision we make. On vaccines the rewards so outweigh the risks it is a sad reflection of what is out there that we are even having this discussion. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

At some point we have to draw a line on what we accept as a vaccine program and how many vaccines that amounts to, because I doubt big pharma is gonna be interested in making less cash.

Fixed. Read it back several times earlier, still missed it. Had been up most of the night and too tired I think.

edit : mandatory vaccines = see my sig, fuck the matrix.

edit 2 :  if you're wondering where your vaccination data is, Mulder is on it. If you sent him an email later on he should get back to you.

p8SpvYI.jpg

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

There’s probably a good argument for it, but liberty over ones own body is pretty important to me.

I'd like to think its mostly used sensibly to keep long eradicated diseases just that way,eradicated. I can see it being used if a citizen of an underdeveloped country enters a developed one. Of course providing those underdeveloped countries with the means to conduct their own vaccination programmes would be the best solution,in my view.

Sovereignty of the individual is key for me. HOWEVER, liberty ends when others are harmed. And if enough people don't get vaccinations, it unquestionably harms other people, with the attendant loss of herd immunity etc. It's not cut and dried, but I would probably see mandatory vaccination as a necessary evil until the diseases concerned are wiped out.

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Sovereignty of the individual is key for me. HOWEVER, liberty ends when others are harmed. And if enough people don't get vaccinations, it unquestionably harms other people, with the attendant loss of herd immunity etc. It's not cut and dried, but I would probably see mandatory vaccination as a necessary evil until the diseases concerned are wiped out.

Yeah, it’s not cut and dried. After all, they’re not acting in a way that deliberately harms others, just inaction and sticking to the default. Honestly, it’s not something I’d put up much of a fight about. 

The findings are dramatic and document a considerable reduction in high grade cervical disease over time. The authors estimate a vaccine effectiveness of 86% (95% confidence interval 75% to 92%) for the most severe outcome of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) grade 3 or worse in women fully vaccinated at ages 12-13 compared with the unvaccinated cohort. Notably, they report a large reduction in CIN grade 3 or worse in the most recent cohort of women compared with the pre-vaccination cohort, whether they were vaccinated or not (from a rate of 0.59% to 0.06%, an 89% decline), suggesting that interruption of HPV transmission in Scotland has created substantial herd protection.

• Upvote 1