You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

What summed that up was something I was glancing at in the Echo before the start of last season. It was a season preview piece that consisted of an interview with a fan of every Premier League club. As well as being asked questions relating to their own side, they were asked their thoughts about Liverpool and Everton. One of the questions they asked was, "which Liverpool player do you dislike most?" Bar a fan citing a player playing for us who used to play for them, the most common answer was, "None of them really."

There was a line that Souness came out with last season about Arsenal, calling them "a team of son-in-laws"; obviously the insinuation being that you'd be delighted if your daughter brought one of them home to meet you. It pretty much crystallized what I've thought about us since Suarez left. I fucking yearn for a bastard or two.

• Upvote 3

They're a collection of boring, largely inoffensive losers.

It's difficult to have any strong emotions about them.

Far from losers. They've all achieved what me, you and millions of others dream of. Not being good enough for Liverpool doesn't make you a loser.

Far from losers. They've all achieved what me, you and millions of others dream of. Not being good enough for Liverpool doesn't make you a loser.

Loser, I'd say that comes with the lack of success with him, what he absolutely is though, is a liability, and the two both come together in one form: failure.

There is less sentiment in football than there has ever been and the decision on him has to be made quick.

Its not about being ruthless, its just commons sense. We could even say its taking him out of the spotlight to remove the pressure, whatever, but he has to be removed from the team immediately. Unless of course, which what does worry me - is Klopps misguided loyalty in players he believes will come good, they won't.

If you or I had that scully moment and got a game and we were so shockingly bad, which he has been on numerous occasions, you or I love the club enough to walk away. This lad has to be put out of his, and our, misery. Sadly the only person that can do that, may just prolong the agony for us all. 

What summed that up was something I was glancing at in the Echo before the start of last season. It was a season preview piece that consisted of an interview with a fan of every Premier League club. As well as being asked questions relating to their own side, they were asked their thoughts about Liverpool and Everton. One of the questions they asked was, "which Liverpool player do you dislike most?" Bar a fan citing a player playing for us who used to play for them, the most common answer was, "None of them really."

There was a line that Souness came out with last season about Arsenal, calling them "a team of son-in-laws"; obviously the insinuation being that you'd be delighted if your daughter brought one of them home to meet you. It pretty much crystallized what I've thought about us since Suarez left. I fucking yearn for a bastard or two.

I watched souness at his best when he was with us,no fucking about ,imposed himself on the opposition,took no prisoners and not afraid to bawl and shout at any of our players if he felt it needed to be done.he must despair watching some of the lily livered performances we've had to endure for too long now
  • Upvote 1

"A team of son-in-laws" is a very good insult.

Exactly. Except for Mane and maybe Salah, I honestly can’t really say I’m a fan of any of our individual players. They are beige and boring. But worst of all, just not all that good.

The Brazilians and Africans are great to watch and generally seem like fun personalities. With a few exceptions, the rest of the squad can pretty much all go fuck themselves, though. 

Anyone believe this stuff in the Mirror?

Lovren to be benched and Klopp completely changing up the backline.

TAA in at RB

Gomez at CB

Karius back in goal

Im hoping Robertson in at LB too

Id rather see Ward given a go personally

• Upvote 1

Anyone believe this stuff in the Mirror?

Lovren to be benched and Klopp completely changing up the backline.

TAA in at RB

Gomez at CB

Karius back in goal

Im hoping Robertson in at LB too

Id rather see Ward given a go personally

I'd be more than happy to see Ward in, he must be gutted he's still not at Huddersfield!

Still don't understand why Robertson is not in the team

The Brazilians and Africans are great to watch and generally seem like fun personalities. With a few exceptions, the rest of the squad can pretty much all go fuck themselves, though. 

Yes, we seem to struggle with Protestants, Orthodox Christians and European Catholics, Muslims are generally good, or if European, at least so-so.

I think he is shit. And would very much rather he never played for the club again.

But I can't help but feel sorry for him. He didn't fuck off out of the stadium like Sakho - he sat there and took the humiliation. Yes, he is not good enoigh and earns a lot of money. But, still seems like a decent lad.

And there lies the problem with the team we have. Too many decent...nice...lads. There isn't one nasty bastard who will run through a brick wall among the lot of them. Nice..soft and weak. This team will win nothing. The mentality to win things is lacking, no ambition and no drive. Team Vanilla and Nivea.

And there lies the problem with the team we have. Too many decent...nice...lads. There isn't one nasty bastard who will run through a brick wall among the lot of them. Nice..soft and weak. This team will win nothing. The mentality to win things is lacking, no ambition and no drive. Team Vanilla and Nivea.

Lovren's problem is that the brick wall would time it's run and leave him for dead.

• Upvote 2

Yep. Not sure why you could have read the previous page to see the same point made, and a response made! 

Too true, Nivea adverts just about sums them up.