You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

What if somebody is driving around the streets of Liverpool in the early morning, pissed off their head and gets charged by the police?

What would you do that player and what does that to do to the culture of the club you're trying to build?

Jan Molby got sent to an Open Prison for at least 6 months while at Liverpool. I think for a repeat DD charge but I might be mistaken.

What should we have done with Jan?

He's playing regularly and well, so a guy who was also first XI in a strong French squad should go for a good fee.

As a few others have said, I like him but it seems that the situation with Klopp is past the point of no return.

Sell him in the summer and move on.

cantona at the Mancs Suarez with us. When a player is just so good and can win you games nearly on his own a lot of what they do can get forgiven by mangers and supporters.

Sakho certainly doesn't fall into the above category of players.

Sorry to be pedantic, but Cantona got suspended for 9 months for assault. Ferdinand got something similar for skipping a drugs test.

Suarez got an OTT ban for nibbling an arm, plus one match for flipping the bird at Fulham fans who were calling him racist - and that's it. The rest of his "diabolical intent" stuff was fiction.

Sorry to be pedantic, but Cantona got suspended for 9 months for assault. Ferdinand got something similar for skipping a drugs test.

Suarez got an OTT ban for nibbling an arm, plus one match for flipping the bird at Fulham fans who were calling him racist - and that's it. The rest of his "diabolical intent" stuff was fiction.

Exactly, i hated all the love Cantona got, kicking a player is one thing but someone in the crowd?? Absolute disgrace but the media loved him.

As for Sakho, agree it's getting boring, the arguements go round in circles but he was given the chance to go on loan at beginning of season by Klopp. He was told to go on loan and put his head down and get on with it. He seems to be doing that now - if he had done that back in September he could have come back to us this August. If Klopp takes him back, fair dos but then again if he doesn't that's up to him too.

Oh and to the person who said Firmino was 'pissed out of his head' he was slighlty over. I know it's still bad and he was stupid but he wasn't pissed out of his head.

• Upvote 1

Personally I think it was stupid not have kissed and made up with Sakho. Klopp is a big boy and could have made it look as though he had taken a very strong line with the player but he was prepared to give him a final chance,. Jesus all the nonsense that he puts up with from Sturridge yet we send our best defender out on loan at a critical phase of the season .

He will be sold in the summer now and I doubt we will get anyone better but it will be mostly forgotten of we finish top 4 I guess. 

Cantona twatting that arsehole was brilliant. Even football tribalism can't spoil the schadenfreude of seeing someone like that getting their comeuppance and it being broadcast to millions repeatedly.

Check this out as to the kind of person he was, from the trial.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12060549.Supporter_attacks_lawyer_after_being_found_guilty_of_verbally_abusing_player_Fan_kicked_by_Cantona__jailed_for_court_assault/

I particularly like "As police rushed forward, Simmons swung his legs over the bench, and appeared to kick Mr McCann in the chest. As he tried to get away, Simmons, arms and legs flailing, held tight to the back of his collar.

He shouted: ``I am innocent. I swear on the Bible.''"

Well, why didn't you say? Obviously Not Guilty instead, in that case.

Later sent down again for ABH, after he launched an unprovoked attack on some fella at a children's football match.

Absolute krill. In any other form of life someone like him having behaviour like that publicly punished so immediately would be thoroughly relished by many people if they're honest.

• Upvote 3

It's typical of a player putting himself in the shop window and with a point to prove...The minute he gets big move to a top club the old bad habits will resurface in time

It's the same with Sturridge once we get shut you can guarantee he'll start knocking a good few goals, in then after a few months the usual Daniel will show up and he'll disappear injured again.  

But not before we have a 50 page thread about how Jurgen was wrong to get rid.

I actually like Sakho and it's a shame it's come to this but I support the manager on this one and looking back I wish Roy Evans had done similar with some of the wasters he had.

Jan Molby got into a fight in a Gay bar in Chester then him and his mate overturned a mini when they were bladdered. Top Banter.

Ah, that was it. Still got sent down. Remember a picture of him playing for Liverpool 'A' after he'd been released, he looked like fucking stick man he was so thin.

You'd build our defence around a dodgy drug taking work shy late piss taker?

Reasonable qualities for a lead guitarist but not a professional footballer.

His attitude on the pitch is absolutely what we need.  Someone with a bit of bottle, someone who will fight to win, and someone who can defend and pass the ball out of defence.  He's not dodgy, he's a great example off the pitch in terms of his charity work and support for those less fortunate than most.  

It's a moot point, because Klopp is going to get rid of him in all likelihood, but it's a shame he can't manage him, because on the pitch he's great.    

His attitude on the pitch is absolutely what we need.  Someone with a bit of bottle, someone who will fight to win, and someone who can defend and pass the ball out of defence.  He's not dodgy, he's a great example off the pitch in terms of his charity work and support for those less fortunate than most.  

It's a moot point, because Klopp is going to get rid of him in all likelihood, but it's a shame he can't manage him, because on the pitch he's great.    

There's no doubt Klopp can 'manage' him.

The question is could Klopp ever trust a player again who landed himself with a suspension at an important point of the season because he thought he knew better than the club.

Irrespective whether people think sakho let down his manager, teammates and employer down or not, the manager appears to have decided that anyone who cant be trusted 100% shouldnt be part of the group.

There's no doubt Klopp can 'manage' him.

The question is could Klopp ever trust a player again who landed himself with a suspension at an important point of the season because he thought he knew better than the club.

Irrespective whether people think sakho let down his manager, teammates and employer down or not, the manager appears to have decided that anyone who cant be trusted 100% shouldnt be part of the group.

i would agree with that if Sturridge was no longer at the club, but he is, so I don't.

If a manager thinks he can't work with a player and needs to assert his discipline then you either back him or sack him. Trying to control a bunch of spoiled rich kids must be a nightmare in itself and impossible without authority.

• Upvote 2

i would agree with that if Sturridge was no longer at the club, but he is, so I don't.

I dont see what sturridge has to do with the situation. Besides, he looks to be leaving in the summer anyway so even more immaterial

sakho openly challenged the manager's authority on top of all the other issues. The manager wanted the player to go on loan and the player refused. Only one winner and it is never the player.