You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Reasons We Will/Wont Come Back...

old skool tom

1 Top sides dont throw it away twice.City had it in their hands on it once (like us) and wont let go again

2 SAS look fucked,Danny Boy was nowhere near fit and Suarez looks goosed.Tbh I think we'll struggle to score more than the 96 we have at the moment.

3 Playing so superb and handling the pressure for so long will take it toll on us,how theyve kept winning is beyond me,so fucking proud of the lads!

Theres only one reason I can see us winning it..weve never won anything easily for the last 20 years!.

Maybe the miracle of all miracles like Istanbul will be topped? I just hope we beat Palace and hope city feel pressure against Fat Sams Retirement Home For Hasbeens!

This title challenge has hurt bad, to be so close and then lose it is a sickener.

Fair play to fans who can be optimistic about a title challenge next season but after seeing how we have reacted to previous pl challenges I cant be confident about it.

Edit, I thought this was about coming back next season, we wont come back this season because city will win all their games, if they give Everton a beating we could be out of it at palace as players heads may go.

Edited by JermainePennant

We're still top of the league, people are acting like we're behind in the race. It's arguably easier to chase down a lead but there is literally no room for error, we already have the points on the board. I believe in this team, we won't play against a team as negative as Chelsea until next time we play them. We'll batter palace and Newcastle, not much more else we can do just have to hope Man City are anything less than flawless

Still a few twists left in this title race. 

As for how we will cope next year - If we keep Suarez and replcae Aspas/Alberto/Cissokho/Johnson/Toure with better players we will win the league. 

Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson, Sakho, Flanagan, Suso/ Llori are all going to be a year improved next year. Add them too Suarez, Sturridge etc and we are a seriously fucking strong side. Just need to clean that bench up and bring in a few top players. 

I think they'll win all 3 but on the positive side

Everton - a good side and city don't usually get a result there

Villa - a team that'll lose 3-0 at home to no marks one week, then get a win/draw against a top side the next

West Ham - errrrr......fat sam to do a 19th century football job on them

It's all about the next 2 games for me, if they win them against Everton & Villa they've won it

Almost certain City will drop points. I reckon they'll draw 1 game. 

Just worried we'll slip up against Palace. Said it last night but I have this horrible feeling they'll just play out of their skins for some bizarre reason. 

We'll need Suarez and Sterling to really be up for it. Hopefully Sturridge will be available too. 

We win our last 2 games we'll win the league because I'm almost certain City will drop something. 

Almost certain City will drop points. I reckon they'll draw 1 game. 

Just worried we'll slip up against Palace. Said it last night but I have this horrible feeling they'll just play out of their skins for some bizarre reason. 

We'll need Suarez and Sterling to really be up for it. Hopefully Sturridge will be available too. 

We win our last 2 games we'll win the league because I'm almost certain City will drop something.

Pulis done my head in last night with his post match interview saying they will make sure they are competitive against us out of respect for other teams and the league, why the fuck didn't he have them competitve against city instead of just bending over for them like they did.

Pulis done my head in last night with his post match interview saying they will make sure they are competitive against us out of respect for other teams and the league, why the fuck didn't he have them competitve against city instead of just bending over for them like they did.

It'll be a breath of fresh air if they come at us and play. We'll spank them if the players can regain their heads.

City have to put together 5 straight wins to win it and even with two under their belts already, that's no easy feat. The manner of the defeat yesterday was difficult to bear but it most certainly does not sink our season.

Given the choice of being where we are now or in City's position, I'd take ours. An away game at Everton - a team that will need points in that game in order to have a chance of CL qualification for next season - is a far tougher prospect than either of our two remaining games. For us, the 3pts that City have to fight for next weekend are already on the board. 

I'm far from complacent, but even further from dejection. We are still fighting for this and the experience yesterday may be just what we need to carry us through. 

• Upvote 3

This is very much alive. Both managers will be telling their respective squads the same things.

City did what they needed to do yesterday. But they weren't great, by any means. Terrible record at Goodison. Everton will want to keep their European hopes alive, either Europa or an outside squeak at CL.

Let's look at it objectively. Everton have beat United, Arsenal and Chelsea at Goodison. They were a few minutes away from beating us too. Is it a plausible outcome that they can take points off City, be it a draw or a win. Yes. It is.

That's all we need. Plus, this team of ours has tended to react well to defeats. I can see the Chelsea game galvanising the squad and getting them going again for one last push. Two games. Win them, see what happens.

Plus, like him or not, Ferguson knows what it takes to win titles. He always relied on the mantra that he'd rather have points in the bag than games in hand. I think the same applies here. The door has been opened for City, but the pressure is on them to win those 3 games.

• Upvote 1