You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Putin,Russia and the west.

Quite interesting doc on I player.

Apparently right after 9/11 they were very close to a rapprochement but the Americans fucked them over.

He is a ruthless cunt though,there is a great big where he just absolutely terrors this powerful oligarch. 

8/10

49 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

No, I liked it. I thought Rachel McAdams was really good in it. And fit. Really fit. 

I hated series 3. Absolutely hated it. 

I'm halfway through it now, it's miles better than I remembered.

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

I’m all aboard the Love/Hate train. 

Thought the first couple of episodes were weak but I’m on S3 now and it’s very good. 

Yeah the first few of series one are a slog. But all of a sudden you're wrapped up in it 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah the first few of series one are a slog. But all of a sudden you're wrapped up in it 

Yeah I’ve told a few people to get through those first couple of episodes before it kicks off. 

I thought the acting was awful at first, it was a real slog. 

• Upvote 1

The Last Airbender - 6.5/10. Never saw the film but Netflix appear to have thrown some money at it as production values are good. More for kids who’ll probably score it higher. Some of the characters can be annoying. It also an westernised version of what an Eastern-inspired world would be. Entertaining enough, but not something you would be desperate to watch.

14 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Watching episode 6 of Masters of The Air and 10 minutes in there's another snide remark, this time about our RAF.

These arrogant Americans can fuck the fuck off.

And Jon Bon Jovi did not rescue the Enigma machine. Fuck off.

He gives War a bad name.

• Upvote 2

On 24/02/2024 at 18:17, Carvalho Diablo said:

Watching episode 6 of Masters of The Air and 10 minutes in there's another snide remark, this time about our RAF.

These arrogant Americans can fuck the fuck off.

And Jon Bon Jovi did not rescue the Enigma machine. Fuck off.

I am enjoying it though. Must have a massive budget, the sets and the battle scenes are very impressive. 

• Upvote 1

I'm watching a very old Canadian sitcom called "The Beachcombers".

It's corny and cheesy, but it was also way ahead of it's time in terms of environmental stories and in it's portrayal of our native population.

All that's just a segue into the story of the actor playing the nominal "bad guy" on the show, who, it turns out, was a bomber pilot during WWII who flew quite a few missions over the Channel in a Lancaster bomber and won the DFC.

One of those masters of the air who came home, first becoming an architect, and then a TV star. He also illustrated a number of UK science fiction magazines.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

I'm watching a very old Canadian sitcom called "The Beachcombers".

It's corny and cheesy, but it was also way ahead of it's time in terms of environmental stories and in it's portrayal of our native population.

All that's just a segue into the story of the actor playing the nominal "bad guy" on the show, who, it turns out, was a bomber pilot during WWII who flew quite a few missions over the Channel in a Lancaster bomber and won the DFC.

One of those masters of the air who came home, first becoming an architect, and then a TV star. He also illustrated a number of UK science fiction magazines.

I remember that as it was shown in the UK as a kid's tv programme. I seem to remember logging,or log cutting being part of the setting?

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Anubis said:

The Last Airbender - 6.5/10. Never saw the film but Netflix appear to have thrown some money at it as production values are good. More for kids who’ll probably score it higher. Some of the characters can be annoying. It also an westernised version of what an Eastern-inspired world would be. Entertaining enough, but not something you would be desperate to watch.

My kids loved the original animated series (which came before the Shyamalan film, also not seen). I think the new Netflix series is based on that.

10 minutes ago, Shitty Arse said:

The Mormon thing with Andrew Garfield. Watched that a while ago. It was OK. 

Yeah. Her mum recommended it so when she searched for something about Mormons we spent 20 minutes watching something called The Mormons are Coming which was a real life thing about kids from around the world going to learn mormonism in Chorley. We soon realised we must have the wrong thing. 

Daisy Edgar Jones though ….