You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I really hope we don't miss out on our 3rd (and 3rd choice) marquee signing of the summer.

I really feel we have some cracking players and could have a very good season, but would love for us to bring in some extra quality because we do lack quality in certain areas.

Not sure he's worth the money and he's not the goalscoring LW/LF that Brendan said he was after, but he certainly creates chances and would be a class singing.

Feel we need more finishers and scorers though as opposed to creators and makers.... however, would still LOVE to see this lad in an LFC shirt.

I really hope we don't miss out on our 3rd (and 3rd choice) marquee signing of the summer.

I think describing him as third choice might be a bit harsh.

He wasn't even on the market this time last week, it's only because of the imminent meltdown at Anjhi that he's available for a transfer at all. If we'd known he would become available who's to say he wouldn't have been first choice?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I was thinking about that. To be fair, before the revelation from the owner, which was after we'd missed out on Mkhitaryan and Diego Costa, we didn't seem to even have even the smallest chance of getting Willian. City had just had a bid of £34m turned down, so we weren't really in with a shout. It's only now that he has become available, and City have gone for other targets, that we seem to be in with a shot. It's perfectly reasonable to say that Rodgers could have preferred Willian to either or both of those players, but knew we had little chance until Anzhi declared players for sale.

I don't think he's quite the after-thought our other rejections make it look.

EDIT: If it wasn't for that pesky Agt!

I really feel we have some cracking players and could have a very good season, but would love for us to bring in some extra quality because we do lack quality in certain areas.

Not sure he's worth the money and he's not the goalscoring LW/LF that Brendan said he was after, but he certainly creates chances and would be a class singing.

Feel we need more finishers and scorers though as opposed to creators and makers.... however, would still LOVE to see this lad in an LFC shirt.

I've seen this goalscoring left winger comments a few times, haven't read Brendan say it myself but seems he has, maybe he believes Willian could score goals in our team, Henderson isn't exactly a goal scorer but when played in the attacking midfield 3 he always looks likely to get a goal and like with Coutinho who was obviously always really talented but when he was at Inter you wouldn't have thought at this stage he'd be in our top 3 players, perhaps it just needs to be a case of getting in the right team to score more goals for Willian

I think describing him as third choice might be a bit harsh.

He wasn't even on the market this time last week, it's only because of the imminent meltdown at Anjhi that he's available for a transfer at all. If we'd known he would become available who's to say he wouldn't have been first choice?

Yeah I suppose that's actually a fair comment.

He's our 3rd attempt at a big signing but you're right, not 3rd choice.

I've seen this goalscoring left winger comments a few times, haven't read Brendan say it myself but seems he has, maybe he believes Willian could score goals in our team, Henderson isn't exactly a goal scorer but when played in the attacking midfield 3 he always looks likely to get a goal and like with Coutinho who was obviously always really talented but when he was at Inter you wouldn't have thought at this stage he'd be in our top 3 players, perhaps it just needs to be a case of getting in the right team to score more goals for Willian

He may indeed think that and I hope he's right.

Creating chances doesn't seem to be and hasn't been our problem for the last 2-3 seasons.... nobody hits the woodwork more than us, no opposition keepers have world class games at other clubs as often as they do against us.

We need to finish our chances. I think Sturridge has certainly helped in this regard and I can see Aspas, Henderson and Coutinho getting close to 20 between them, or I'd hope so.

Willian certainly is a creator but his goal record hasn't been that great.

20 goals in 140 games at Shakhtar doesn't scream goalscorer but then again Brendan and the coaching staff could well work on this and perhaps he'll add more goals to his game?

I don't know, for the money (not my money I know) I'd like to be buying clinical finisher or goalscoring midfielder, I feel chance creation is not one of our faults or an area in which we lack, just tucking the buggers away is the problem.

Maybe we can. But we don't seem to be operating that way. All the evidence thus far is of reduced wages' date=' is it not?[/quote']

I agree all the evidence is we're almost trying not to compete and want some type of magic wand to get into top 4 without competing financial. However, the chairman has assured us we have the money to compete with anyone, so it's time they stepped up and did it. If you can't do it on a player you think is worth £30m, when can you do it? It could be said if we don't want to put a competitive package to the player, we might as well not bid.

They just won't let the Suarez rumours go will they?

No they won't....and the rumours will gather strength I'd imagine if we fail to bring anyone else in before the transfer window shuts, citing our lack of ability/ambition to bring in any big names.

If that does happen, my accusing finger will be pointed in the direction of Mr Ian "We can compete with anyone" Ayre.

What evidence is there that we are trying not to compete?

Nobody is saying we aren't, although it is very like you to act the cunt and try to orchestrate the same argument you have over again. The point is simple, our best chance to get the player is to put the best package in front of him. The board have at times been conservative (siggudson for example) and we can argue about the rights and wrongs of that all day. However if you believe a player is worth £30m that has to be the time to ensure we out the best possible package together. It's not like we're up against a rich club, we should be able to put a better salary for the player than spurs. Do you argue with that pint of view? I'm sure you'll try.

Nobody is saying we aren't, although it is very like you to act the cunt and try to orchestrate the same argument you have over again. The point is simple, our best chance to get the player is to put the best package in front of him. The board have at times been conservative (siggudson for example) and we can argue about the rights and wrongs of that all day. However if you believe a player is worth £30m that has to be the time to ensure we out the best possible package together. It's not like we're up against a rich club, we should be able to put a better salary for the player than spurs. Do you argue with that pint of view? I'm sure you'll try.

>>>I agree all the evidence is we're almost trying not to compete and want some type of magic wand to get into top 4 without competing financial. <<<

Who are you calling names?? this is what you just wrote. If you want come across as Mr. Doom/negative all the time, I have no problem with him call you on your shit. I think its your points which are repetitive - NV appears to like our club - you appear to have a hate on. The board made their choice on Siggurdson and it appears to have been the right one - but hey bend that to your own agenda of course, - Sorry, whose the c...?

>>>I agree all the evidence is we're almost trying not to compete and want some type of magic wand to get into top 4 without competing financial. <<<

Who are you calling names?? this is what you just wrote. If you want come across as Mr. Doom/negative all the time, I have no problem with him call you on your shit. I think its your points which are repetitive - NV appears to like our club - you appear to have a hate on. The board made their choice on Siggurdson and it appears to have been the right one - but hey bend that to your own agenda of course, - Sorry, whose the c...?

I came on her not to be fucked at! I came on her to talk football!