You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He has no allegiance to any of the clubs after him, so of course it's about money. I do wonder if the Suarez saga has made players think about release clauses a bit more. For example, if he does sign with us his agent would probably include a release clause that lets him out after one year if we don't make the CL - similarly with Spurs.

Naughty Willian. It's all about the money with him. Unlike' date=' I don't know, Jamie Carragher. He was playing for nothing. Or all those foreign players who come to England for the culture, the food, the women.

Seriously, can we stop insulting every foreign player who plays in Eastern Europe? Yes, they're there for the money. But so is pretty much every foreign player in England.[/quote']

He can do what the fuck he wants, I don't give a shit. I'm just saying he has proved with his past decisions he preferred the money. If we want to win this deal, the evidence speaks for itself, to give ourselves the best chance we have to put the most money on the table. If we don't want to do that, what else are we offering? We're not in Europe, we're not in a city that has the best global transport links in the world, we don't have a Portuguese speaking manager. The card we have is cash and its up to us to play it or allow him to go to our rivals.

There was a time when we could not compete with Chelsea and United for players. Now we can't compete with Spurs and our star player was pushing for a move to Arsenal all summer. But the TV rights income has doubled this summer.

Disgusting.

Honest to god, if the owners handed you a cheque for a million quid, you'd find a way to slit your throat on the edges of it and spell out 'See? Cunts!' in your spilt blood before you died.

Naughty Willian. It's all about the money with him. Unlike, I don't know, Jamie Carragher. He was playing for nothing. Or all those foreign players who come to England for the culture, the food, the women.

Seriously, can we stop insulting every foreign player who plays in Eastern Europe? Yes, they're there for the money. But so is pretty much every foreign player in England.

to be fair I think going to shit leagues for money is stupid when you could play in a better league and still earn far more money than you'll ever spend, Sneijder going to Galatasaray in jan was one that pissed me off (fortunately we got Coutinho instead so that worked out!) can't blame Willian for starting off in Ukraine as a lot of Brazilians do to get going in Europe but be interesting to see his other options when he moved to Anzhi

I'm not that bothered about him joining Spurs or not. Being behind them on the field for the last few years will see us lose out to them for players, like it has done in the past, and will do again until we prove we're a better side.

I would be bothered about management fucking about for the next two weeks and then trying to tell us planet earth hasn't produced any good footballers that would improve a weak team.

There was a time when we could not compete with Chelsea and United for players. Now we can't compete with Spurs and our star player was pushing for a move to Arsenal all summer. But the TV rights income has doubled this summer.

Disgusting.

Tell me how us getting double in TV revenues should help us in attracting/keeping players against other clubs who've also had their TV revenues doubled, and, in Arses case, potentially have CL to offer?

He can do what the fuck he wants, I don't give a shit. I'm just saying he has proved with his past decisions he preferred the money. If we want to win this deal, the evidence speaks for itself, to give ourselves the best chance we have to put the most money on the table. If we don't want to do that, what else are we offering? We're not in Europe, we're not in a city that has the best global transport links in the world, we don't have a Portuguese speaking manager. The card we have is cash and its up to us to play it or allow him to go to our rivals.

Willian had Champions League football at Shaktar, as well as money. He had Europa League football and the very real prospect of Champions League football at Anzhi, as well as money.

We cannot match what he had at his two previous clubs. Spurs can probably match his last club.

Tell me how us getting double in TV revenues should help us in attracting/keeping players against other clubs who've also had their TV revenues doubled' date=' and, in Arses case, potentially have CL to offer?[/quote']

He can't. He's just a repetitive, simple minded, moron.

Disgusting.

Tottenham Hotspur prepare to hijack Liverpool's bid for Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala - Telegraph

Tottenham have long been interested in acquiring Willian, with chairman Daniel Levy having travelled to Ukraine in January to negotiate a deal with Shakhtar Donetsk before the move collapsed. Instead Willian moved to the Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala.

Willian has made no secret of his desire to play in the Premier League and Spurs head coach Andre Villas-Boas also tried to sign the 25-year-old when he was the manager of Chelsea.

Anzhi have put their entire first-team squad up for sale with owner Suleyman Kerimov deciding he does not want to bankroll the club’s big spending any more.

Willian is Anzhi’s most valuable asset and Liverpool have been in advanced talks to bring him to Anfield. It had been hoped that a deal would be announced later this week.

While Liverpool would still appear to be favourites to sign Willian, Spurs have now made their move and the attraction of playing for Villas-Boas and also living in London could sway the player’s thinking.

Willian had Champions League football at Shaktar, as well as money. He had Europa League football and the very real prospect of Champions League football at Anzhi, as well as money.

We cannot match what he had at his two previous clubs. Spurs can probably match his last club.

honestly do you think anyone would decide to move to a club due to Europa League football?

All the Brazilian players are thinking about the World Cup. I wonder if Willian's decision is going to be partly based on having some exposure in Europe, although that might matter that much here. Of course, if he came to us we'd probably have to guarantee a first team starting spot - would he be sure to get that at Spurs if Bale stays? They already seem to be overloaded with midfielders.

honestly do you think anyone would decide to move to a club due to Europa League football?

No, I don't think anyone would do so exclusively for that reason. But - if you assume that people make decisions on the balance of reasons - then I would say it's a factor. A pro-reason.

Likewise, I don't think anyone would move to a club simply because they knew the manger. But...

Likewise, I don't think anyone would move to a club simply because it's in the capital city. But...

By contrast (in our favour), I don't think anyone would move to a club simply because of its history. But...

We're all speculating about the relevant reasons and how Willian might weigh them up in arriving at a decision. Most of us assume that money is absolute here, but I'm not convinced of that. And, in any case, I'm speculating about a (plausible) situation in which two clubs are offering the same money.

So long as we bring in some additional signings to strengthen the team I'm not overly bothered by missing out on Willian. My real fear is that he will represent this summer's "Dempsey".

Do we know for sure the club is actually trying to sign him?

Simple choice for Willian...

He can live in one of the great cities of the world, a sprawling multicultural city with all the amenities and quality of life that goes with such a world renowned city.

Or move to London which stinks of rat piss.

Londres está fedendo xixi de rato Willian.

So long as we bring in some additional signings to strengthen the team I'm not overly bothered by missing out on Willian. My real fear is that he will represent this summer's "Dempsey".

Do we know for sure the club is actually trying to sign him?

We're definately in for him, twitter rumour (I know) is that we're desperate to complete this one and are offering big wages

Disgusting.

You really are a sad little man, and you have my pity. Buzz off.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Simple choice for Willian...

He can live in one of the great cities of the world, a sprawling multicultural city with all the amenities and quality of life that goes with such a world renowned city.

Or move to London which stinks of rat piss.

That's nonsense. Totally inaccurate. If you're going to slag of our nation's capital, you'd best get your fucking facts straight. London doesn't smell of rat's piss. It's more a heady concoction of lots of different types of piss. It's a cacophony of piss stench. Show a little respect.

Willian had Champions League football at Shaktar' date=' as well as money. He had Europa League football and the very real prospect of Champions League football at Anzhi, as well as money.

We cannot match what he had at his two previous clubs. Spurs can probably match his last club.[/quote']

So he left a champions league club to go to a club that wasn't in it. He had a similar offer from spurs at the time did he not, yet the special relationship with AVB meant nothing? Chelsea tried to sign him 2 years ago when he could have had CL and played in one of the worlds top leagues. I think he'll follow the money. I don't blame him for that, it's just I see it as our best chance of signing him and I assume if we think he's worth a fee of 30m we think he's fucking brilliant. It shouldn't be difficult to beat spurs on wages, supposedly their structure's highest level is below that of LFC. Tom Werner has told us we can financially compete with anyone. So lets use the best tool we have to secure this deal and offer willian a better deal than spurs. I promise you something, if we don't, he won't be coming here.