You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

James Pearce saying we've both met the asking fee - around £28m - and it's up to the clubs to agree a deal with the player.

For me, that's as good as done. AvB has been tapping him up since Chelsea.

Fucking spurs.

I think it will be difficult for us now with the villas boas factor playing massively in their favour. Still not impossible though, but hope we are prepared for bad news and have another option up our sleeves.

I'm just going off the reports from last night. I don't think any reports have said we've missed out but I can see it coming.

Yeah, I've just read the piece in The Times and would agree that it looks likely.

I must say, I can see why people would use this as a stick to beat FSG with. If we were always fearful that a team that could offer European football were likely to come in for him, and we were always willing to meet his buyout clause, surely the only way to maximise our chances of getting him would be to try and finalise the deal as decisively as possible rather than leaking stories last week about us considering a bid?

James Pearce saying we've both met the asking fee - around £28m - and it's up to the clubs to agree a deal with the player.

For me, that's as good as done. AvB has been tapping him up since Chelsea.

Pearce has also said that we're back in for Ilori from Sporting. We offered £3M but Sporting wanted £6M apparently.

Liverpool FC still in hunt for £30m Willian transfer - Liverpool Echo

Fucking spurs.

I think it will be difficult for us now with the villas boas factor playing massively in their favour. Still not impossible though, but hope we are prepared for bad news and have another option up our sleeves.

What factor is that. It's the first time the overrated cunt has been at a club for more than a year. Found out at Chelsea considering the Spud squad last year he still couldn't get 4th. Fuck him the no mark twat who cant fucking talk without sucking in air through his teeth.

The daily mail said Suarez was starting Saturday. AVB has no link to Willian, simple fact is he's a top manager who with it without CL can sell a vision to players given his outstanding cv for a man so young. Wether we get Willian or not and I'm still hopeful that's an advantage a top manager brings over one with no cv, and at the moment although I'm hopeful it'll change with us that's what Rodgers is.

Quotes are quotes. I'd say his friendship is at least a factor to be considered.

I'd be more inclined to think footballers talk bollocks when it suits an agenda. Pretty much like Code does without the footballer part of course.

What bothers me most, and dress it up all you like but there is no getting away from it, we still lack squad depth and we still have not genuinely improved the team all that much from last season.

Until we address this by casting our net wider and desist in our current policy of putting all our eggs in one basket only to be left empty handed time and again, we can kiss any possibility of getting near the top 4 goodbye.

I'm not going to have a go at the owners right now but should the transfer window end with things as they are right now, then questions need asking about their true ambitions for this club.

What bothers me most, and dress it up all you like but there is no getting away from it, we still lack squad depth and we still have not genuinely improved the team all that much from last season.

Until we address this by casting our net wider and desist in our current policy of putting all our eggs in one basket only to be left empty handed time and again, we can kiss any possibility of getting near the top 4 goodbye.

I'm not going to have a go at the owners right now but should the transfer window end with things as they are right now, then questions need asking about their true ambitions for this club.

I think we have improved the squad in sense that we've upgraded on players who should be squad players if that makes sense.

We've also let a few go so we're a little bit thin, but ultimately its the first 11 that needs strengthening.

Though a bad injury crisis could leave us cursing our luck in terms of squad depth in fairness.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd be more inclined to think footballers talk bollocks when it suits an agenda. Pretty much like Code does without the footballer part of course.

Sure, they do. But it's a factor, isn't it? I'd say money is a more important one. I hope, give we've sold high earners, and Carra retired, we can offer a handsome wage.

Such good friends Spuds thought they missed out on him on Friday. I remember Ginsoak sending love messages for years to Mexes, Varane et al. That worked out well.

True. I think Torres received his very own manc shirt when still playing for Atletico too If I remember rightly.

Anyway, I still hope we get him but I think spurs will be real competition for us if we want to tie this up.

Sure, they do. But it's a factor, isn't it? I'd say money is a more important one. I hope, give we've sold high earners, and Carra retired, we can offer a handsome wage.

Yep if we offer 20 grand a week more and Rodgers can sell his vision I think we should be in with a shout. Siggurdsson ended up at Spurs despite playing for Rodgers twice purely because they offered him more.

Yep if we offer 20 grand a week more and Rodgers can sell his vision I think we should be in with a shout. Siggurdsson ended up at Spurs despite playing for Rodgers twice purely because they offered him more.

And that is the crux if the matter. We lost out to spurs as despite their low wage cap they seem to be paying more than us. Will take a change of plan from the board to make this deal.

We got no europe.

We need top 4.

Lets concentrate on that with a crack squad of 13-14 first teamers.

Worry about squad depth next year. Theres no point in depth if half of them are shite.

That's what impresses me the most about Rodgers, hes quickly excised nearly all the shit from the set up.

This is the year to focus on 4th like a fucking laser beam.

Play the kids in the cups, wrap those 14 in cotton wool for Saturdays.

Top 4 fuck everything else.

If Suarez was off, id be bothered re Willian et al, if hes staying Willian is a side show. Fuck him and fuck Spurs.

I posted it a week or so back, if Bale goes Spurs are fucked whoever they replace him with.

Lets find a Michu, or failing that, sign a proper goal poacher like Ba for £10 mill.

I don't agree with doing this really. 20 grand written like that seems very little but it's absolutely astronomical. I know I'm one of the few who think its all so out of hand that we shouldn't pay lunatic money even if others do it. We should offer only what we think someone is worth ( I know everything I'm saying here is farcical nonsense because of the sums knocking around footy).