You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Didn't run it over myself but...

Back in 1989, me a 2 mates were going down to Norwich to watch a certain sport. Had to get the coach on County Road so jumped the 27 and cut through Stanley Park. As we cut through the side streets around Anfield, an Andrex puppy was roaming the street. It came over to us and after giving it a bit of attention we moved on. However, it started following us...

We tried all sorts to chase it away put it persisted in following. It was about 7 in the morning, no one around, so we had no idea where it had come from. It followed us into Stanley Park. Still couldn't get rid by the time we had got the other side of the park. One of the lads stayed with it while we got out, we kept it distracted through the fence while the other lad got out. Job done, or so we thought.

Got on our coach and as it headed back past Stanley Park towards the East Lancs, we noticed a bit of a crowd on the corner of Priory Road, looking over a dead Labrador puppy!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't run it over myself but...

Back in 1989' date=' me a 2 mates were going down to Norwich to watch a certain sport. Had to get the coach on County Road so jumped the 27 and cut through Stanley Park. As we cut through the side streets around Anfield, an Andrex puppy was roaming the street. It came over to us and after giving it a bit of attention we moved on. However, it started following us...

We tried all sorts to chase it away put it persisted in following. It was about 7 in the morning, no one around, so we had no idea where it had come from. It followed us into Stanley Park. Still couldn't get rid by the time we had got the other side of the park. One of the lads stayed with it while we got out, we kept it distracted through the fence while the other lad got out. Job done, or so we thought.

Got on our coach and as it headed back past Stanley Park towards the East Lancs, we noticed a bit of a crowd on the corner of Priory Road, looking over a dead Labrador puppy![/quote']

You killed telly,you bastard.

A couple of years ago I was out walking in Budapest when a very friendly dog befriended me. It was a Puli - beautiful dogs (see picture) and can be very expensive.

200px-Puli_600.jpg

Anyway, it followed me and I didn't want it to get lost so I actually refused to give it one of the dog treats that it could smell in my pocket and tried to get it to stay where it was. I thought I was successful until about half a mile down the road when I heard a car screech and a bang. Looking back, I saw the dog running after me. It had been hit but seemed ok. I had heard that dogs often get hit, run away and then die afterwards so I blamed myself and took it to the vets.

The vet said it seemed ok after X-rays etc but to give it a few pills, bring it back every couple of days and keep a close eye on it. So, I looked after the dog, our dog was not happy about the intruder but me and the missus really looked after it. It did not have a collar but we put up signs for a lost dog. After a couple of weeks a nice family contacted us. They came around and the dog obviously recognized them and their children. The father spoke decent English so I told him everything that had happened and even hinted that the dog had cost me close to a couple of hundred euros. No reaction and they took the dog without offering anything. The missus said that this was just typical Hungarians and not to worry about it.

Anyway, we had their address and about 6 months later I was walking our dog close to their house so decided to say hello. They were not friendly and told me that the dog had escaped a month ago.

Cunts, really some people should not be allowed to have dogs

Ran a dog over once after it's slipped it's owner's leash and bolted into the road. I slammed the brakes on and tried to swerve him but he I hit him. The dog got up and legged it back to the side of the road and hid under a van. I stopped, apologised to the owner and asked if the dog was alright but he was too busy bollocking the dog to care. I was gutted, the owner was just annoyed; the prick.

Unbelievable that no one has negged the fucking thundercunt fat unit Stig for committing another instance of the worst crime known to mankind. Fucker should be hanged but his corpulence would prolly break the hang frame and noose, the thick muppet.

Negged for getting the wrong thread

I've run over loads of flies. Almost run over a wood pigeon once as it bounced off my car bonnet but it just kept on flying quite happily, daft bugger.

If you run over an animal accidentally you shouldn't feel bad, but if you did it on purpose there is a special place in hell waiting for you.

Last year when I worked in the outskirts of Southport on the *same* journey I almost ran over a farm dog and a loose horse. I'm not a dickhead driver though, so when I was in the rural areas I knew you had to be observant for farm dogs, loose horses and inbred children who don't know what roads are.

Funnily enough I'd have only have lost sleep over the dog and the horse if I'd killed them. Nothing of value was lost with the child.

Check the ninth post or so on Page 1 you pesticide drinking buffoon.

I've been revenge-negged for the first time. I feel violated

I swear, from this moment forth, that I will do everything in my power to prevent Indian Red from ever receiving a fridge magnet

A pigeon?! We have too many anyway. No need to feel guilty, it was it's complacency that killed it. Any of those which have lost their fear of humans to that degree needs to be taken out. Same goes for seagulls.

I once hit a pheasant (ran under the wheels) and when the (hundreds at a time) baby frogs migrate you get the occasional heartbreaking drive after a rainy day (the fuckers also have a tendency to jump into your way). My mum once hit a badger on a 60 mph straight, nearly killed us and the car along with the poor guy. That was a gut-wrencher.

Fortunately I've managed to avoid all the cats, foxes, deer, stoats (a whole family, five in total, were running down the road ahead of me for about 30 seconds once, was awesome), buzzards (they tend to hunt on the road I used to live at the bottom of, they'd swoop after rabbits scattering from cars, you'd get some awesome sights of them in full hunt mode), rabbits (how I've never killed one is incredible), badgers, horses, sheep, children, cattle and one very lost donkey which have run in front of me at various points.

Is this you?

Radagast_the_Brown.PNG

• Upvote 1

Killed a fox on M57 a few years ago,dark winter morningheading towards bootle, just bolted in front of me,the bang was terrible.thought it was a cat at first but my nephew drove past about an hour later and said he saw a dead fox, new front spoiler for my ford focus required

I've run over loads of flies. Almost run over a wood pigeon once as it bounced off my car bonnet but it just kept on flying quite happily, daft bugger.

If you run over an animal accidentally you shouldn't feel bad, but if you did it on purpose there is a special place in hell waiting for you.

Last year when I worked in the outskirts of Southport on the *same* journey I almost ran over a farm dog and a loose horse. I'm not a dickhead driver though, so when I was in the rural areas I knew you had to be observant for farm dogs, loose horses and inbred children who don't know what roads are.

Funnily enough I'd have only have lost sleep over the dog and the horse if I'd killed them. Nothing of value was lost with the child.

Yep. Got to watch out for them big eared boys on farms.

In other news, Stiggy has really upset IR it seems.

Drove into a large black cow at night while going around a bend on an unlit country black tar highway in northern NSW at 100kph. First thing I knew was I was traveling sideways towards the side of the road. I hit it with the passenger side headlight, bounced it of the roof and boot. I thought it was a wreck, but the insurance company fixed it (nearly new Hyundai) but it was never the same. It's not an unusual accident up here - a few people are killed every year.