You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shaving Thread

Sugar Ape

When shaving, I...  

136 members have voted

1. 1. When shaving, I...

• Use a Bic/disposable
    • Use a cartridge razor, Mach 3, Fusion etc...
    • Use a Cut Throat Razor
    • Use a Double Edge Safety Razor
    • Maintain stubble
    • Leave a 'tache
    • Fuck shaving, I've got a beard.

Dont talk to me about razor blades.Got a quick shower before work yesterday morning and grabbed my towel.A blade had come out of its separate pouch and caught on the towel and ripped a chunk out of my finger.Cant really make it out in the pic but it soaked through three layers of towel twice.

Posted Image

Decided that this year's "January is shit so need something to relieve the boredom" project is gonna be a straight edge cut-throat. There's a master razor maker here from a family of six generations of masters (or something like that, it sounds like very like Japanese samurai sword-making in a Tarantino movie). Will pay a visit to him in January and get myself sorted out with something ridiculously sharp.

Proper man's shaving!

Ordered some of those Feather blades today, Rapey. You tried them yet? The Derby ones aren't cutting it for me. Literally.

I found the Derby blades to be worse than useless - became blunt incredibly quickly and gave a horrible shave.

For me, Feathers work fine as do Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow.

Wilkinson Sword have proved to be a great 'general purpose' blade, and I find a get a lot more shaves before having to replace the blade than I do with other brands.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I found the Derby blades to be worse than useless - became blunt incredibly quickly and gave a horrible shave.

For me, Feathers work fine as do Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow.

Wilkinson Sword have proved to be a great 'general purpose' blade, and I find a get a lot more shaves before having to replace the blade than I do with other brands.

Same as that, mate. Feathers have deffo improved the shave for me.

Had a beard for the last 3 years. Shaving just became a chore - even with some of the lovely products that've been mentioned on here - so I stopped, and now I have a luxurious multi colored face mane.

Feeling the wind in you're beard is an experience every man should try.

• Upvote 1

Those Derby razor blades are crap, the traditional shaving company sent me 15 boxes by accident instead of the 5 I ordered. They last 4 shaves at the most, I've gone back to using Gillete Mach blades.

4 shaves per blade? I change the blade after every shave, no matter what brand it is. The thickness of my stubble blunts it after 2-3 passes. The Derby blades only work out about 10p a blade.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Stupid Question lads. I left my washbag in gym over weekend and needing a shave bought a Wilkinson safety razor. Face in tatters but want to persevere.

My question is how do you dispose of old blades? Fairly dangerous to just through in bin.

Ta

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk