You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers In

Monster Masch

Guest Numero Veinticinco
inspiring stuff. On the basis of this facht I'd give him a 7 year contract with the option for another 2.5, because I'm a proper superfan who knows da Liverpool way.

Ooh, you are funny. Here's another idea, don't give him a 7 year contract, just allow him to have more than 5 months of his current contract to turn around a side which was truly on the rocks? That's not being a super fan, that's common sense.

Guest davelfc
Ooh, you are funny. Here's another idea, don't give him a 7 year contract, just allow him to have more than 5 months of his current contract to turn around a side which was truly on the rocks? That's not being a super fan, that's common sense.

I've read it all now, we were on the fucking rocks before Roger came in? Fucking hell.

What a load of shite.

They could have a lottery in the Solly after every game we play unless we won where the winner gets to be manager until we lose a game, I really doubt it could be much worse than it is at the moment.

Rodgers has failed spectaculary and the excuses made up for him are cringeworthy.

Chuckle,chuckle, fucking chuckle.

On the subject of mongs, does anyone actually believe we can 'grow our own' world class manager, players and be challenging for the top places in 3, 4 or even 5 years?

Because I'd be pointing the mong stick at those rather than the ones who are seeing the shit we are being served at the moment and who are unhappy about it.

FSG have some talent though, serving up mid table football for top 4 prices, fucking genius.

Im gonna single out the first bit of this Dave, and its not a question aimed at you but in general... How does a manager become world class, if you don't grow into it at some point?

Im going to use Pep Guardiola as the example because its easy. The guy had no experience whatsoever going into Barca, and when he left everyone would laud him as 'one of the greatest ever'. He became world class because he had the team to make him world class. Personally i seriously doubt how good he is - undoubtedly he is a real nice guy, a top professional, and says all the right things but is he a manager worthy of the reported 9m euro he was paid to be the Barca manager? Its obviously all circumstances and what if's but inheriting a team including Downing, Henderson, Carroll etc would be beyond Mourinho IMO, so to see Rodgers struggling isn't a surprise to me.

Im fully behind him. 100%. Which im actually a little surprised about, but i've seen enough to realise that he know's what he's talking about - even if ridiculous TV documentaries would often cast shadows on this. He is very inexperienced but i don't necessarily see this as a negative, he can develop into the manager we hope he can be whilst learning from his mistakes. There will be more, don't doubt that - but like in all walks of life - its the way you recover from them which will define you.

I hope he proves many people wrong, and i'm shocked to see how many people have already started to lose faith. It seems that yet again a manager will be singled out when its his players who should shoulder most of the blame. But it never is, because they are not going to get sacked if things go wrong are they.

Its a funny old game.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I've read it all now, we were on the fucking rocks before Roger came in? Fucking hell.

11 losses and 3 draws from 19 games, minus four of the six top scorers isn't on the rocks? Well, if not it's a pretty fucking dire situation and we're still flailing about because of it. Ah, wait, we beat Cardiff on pens in the league cup. All was well!

Guest davelfc
Those who do want him gone, do you not fear FSG will hire someone much worse?

While FSG own us I don't see the point in getting rid, they don't appear to be in a hurry to appoint people at the top with some knowledge of running a football club so they's only appoint another inexperienced (cheap) manager that charmed them.

I also believe that while FSG own us Rogers is safe in his job, so we can argue all we like, he isn't going anywhere.

I agree in part with what you're saying' date=' but the owners originally wanted a DOF and a young coach, they wanted some kind of 'wise old head' to guide the inexperienced man, but because Rodgers (rightly) refused to tow that line all we were left with was the inexperienced man.

I think they're flying by the seat of their pants and they hope he has what it takes, just like we do, but that's all it is - hope.

There's nothing in Rodgers' background to make you think he's capable of anything like the kind of job needed to turn this club around, certainly not the kind of root and branch overhaul it needs.[/quote']

pretty much agree, a caretaker manager at best. His tactics are naive, and defensively, we'll continue to suffer - to blame the players is inappropriate - are we supposed to replace the whole backline, the backline that was the best in the league in past seasons? BR's system is SO foreign to the team, that he'll end up replacing them all, given time, but I'm not convinced of 'the system'

11 losses and 3 draws from 19 games, minus four of the six top scorers isn't on the rocks? Well, if not it's a pretty fucking dire situation and we're still flailing about because of it. Ah, wait, we beat Cardiff on pens in the league cup. All was well!

The last 7 games of the season we took 3 points less than the mancs and we also won a FA Cup semi final and should have got extra time in the final if they had goal line technology.

Hardly on the rocks.

We struggled in the league in Feb/Mar but we turned it around and we had a lot of positives to build on going into the summer.

Our owners sadly ruined it by appointing what looks like a fraud of a manager.

Guest davelfc
Im gonna single out the first bit of this Dave, and its not a question aimed at you but in general... How does a manager become world class, if you don't grow into it at some point?

Im going to use Pep Guardiola as the example because its easy. The guy had no experience whatsoever going into Barca, and when he left everyone would laud him as 'one of the greatest ever'. He became world class because he had the team to make him world class. Personally i seriously doubt how good he is - undoubtedly he is a real nice guy, a top professional, and says all the right things but is he a manager worthy of the reported 9m euro he was paid to be the Barca manager? Its obviously all circumstances and what if's but inheriting a team including Downing, Henderson, Carroll etc would be beyond Mourinho IMO, so to see Rodgers struggling isn't a surprise to me.

Im fully behind him. 100%. Which im actually a little surprised about, but i've seen enough to realise that he know's what he's talking about - even if ridiculous TV documentaries would often cast shadows on this. He is very inexperienced but i don't necessarily see this as a negative, he can develop into the manager we hope he can be whilst learning from his mistakes. There will be more, don't doubt that - but like in all walks of life - its the way you recover from them which will define you.

I hope he proves many people wrong, and i'm shocked to see how many people have already started to lose faith. It seems that yet again a manager will be singled out when its his players who should shoulder most of the blame. But it never is, because they are not going to get sacked if things go wrong are they.

Its a funny old game.

We employed Rogers too early, I can suspect for the wrong reasons but that's a guess at the moment. It's to early to know how he will do and if he doesn't get the support of the owners and his players then we might never know.

I think I'm allowed to be more than a little pissed off with how things are going, with the way we are playing. I think I'll accept where we are and how far we've fallen when the ticket prices reflect this.

I believe he's not got anywhere near the potential out of his current squad. I'm also surprised by those that think he has.

Like a security guard that leaves a cup of coffee out in a modern art museum, some will see it as a fine piece of art, extrapolating all manner of meaning, some will see it as a discarded coffee cup.

For all his talk I think he's a discarded coffee cup but am secretly hoping I am completely wrong.

Harsh to say he's a fraud of a manager. So you have no faith in him but it is possible he could win you over. Get January out the way and see how the season ends be critical voice your concerns and where you think the team is being hindered but 6 months is no time to turn to vitriol. I have huge doubts and there niggling at me when we get beat I curse the world but as of now this season is nothing we may aswell see how Rodgers goes with it.

Keep the faith.

Not a religious man myself. The world is built on systems. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it. A brand new unproven system could do a lot of damage in just 2 to 3 short years. How much to spend to correct all that then???

While FSG own us I don't see the point in getting rid, they don't appear to be in a hurry to appoint people at the top with some knowledge of running a football club so they's only appoint another inexperienced (cheap) manager that charmed them.

I also believe that while FSG own us Rogers is safe in his job, so we can argue all we like, he isn't going anywhere.

I agree, short of a relegation threat or a players/fan revolt I think he'll be here until he decides to leave.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Harsh to say he's a fraud of a manager. So you have no faith in him but it is possible he could win you over. Get January out the way and see how the season ends be critical voice your concerns and where you think the team is being hindered but 6 months is no time to turn to vitriol. I have huge doubts and there niggling at me when we get beat I curse the world but as of now this season is nothing we may aswell see how Rodgers goes with it.

That's pretty much all I expect of any fan at the moment. Is it nice to see this at the moment? Is it fuck. Is it Rodgers fault, after just a few months here? Is it fuck. Whether he is going to be great or shite is yet undecided.

You have niggling doubts, I think he's going to be good. Who's right will only be decided by time.

Regardless of who the owners are, barring a real danger of relegation, I'd want Rodgers to at least have a full season. He may not have enough time, or funds, to make the changes to the squad he'd want, but he should have put his tactical stamp (what?) on the team in that period.

But, we are owned by FSG and we've seen numerous examples of them not having a fucking clue what they're doing. Nor employing anyone that does. With that in mind I'd give Rodgers next season as well, even if we finished about 14th.

If we do finish in the bottom half Rodgers will have clearly underperformed. Previous owners, current owners, and previous managers couldn't be blamed. They've all helped ensure we haven't a fucking hope of challenging for the title, or even being in the Champions League, but there would be no justification for us ending up below the likes of West Ham, West Brom, etc. However, I haven't got any faith in the owners to replace him with a decent manager, so we might as well stick. Such is the fucking abysmal state of the club.

I agree he's safe. I think they've given up on the idea of spending to get into the Champions League, and have altered their target to simply milk the name of the club, whilst slashing the wage bill. Hope I'm wrong.

I said looks like a fraud.

I think Kenny was sacked because of how he treated the press and I have a feeling Rodgers waffling to them is one of the reasons he got appointed.

There were no footballing reasons to do the change.

Ooh' date=' you are funny. Here's another idea, don't give him a 7 year contract, just allow him to have more than 5 months of his current contract to turn around a side which was truly on the rocks? That's not being a super fan, that's common sense.[/quote']

On the rocks??? Absolutely fucking laughable.

3 seasons? lmao. we should stick another 3 games max.

9.5 years, 3 games, I do not care. I said so far all hat no cattle, the results are not there for now.

All Rodgers deserves is a clear mandate, 3 games, 9.5 years, I do not care what. He also needs that stated in public, just to stop the speculation. After that he should be left alone to do what needs to be done. Then, whatever the period given, if the cattle is not there, neither should the hat.