You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: WWII

Allan

Anyone playing the campaign?

A fair bit tougher with the health regen change.

I am playing it on Recruit. Mainly for the story.

The first bit is actually a tough watch. Horrible what them blokes endured.

I am reading a book about D-Day at the moment - from the German perspective. Awful stuff.

Same here

Always do recruit then up to hardened. Really struggle after that.

I've just done a early SOE mission. Really enjoying it. Just trying to do a bit over the weekend before getting stuck in next week

The quick time stuff is getting on my nerves as i often cant make out what button to press. My eye are a bit blurry at distance

PS4.  It's for the multiplayer, I haven't tried the campaign.

Some google research reveals it happened with the beta but it seems to have infested my version of the full game.

I install it, download 9gb of update nonsense overnight, install the update, boot it up and can't get past this stinky error message.

Apparently I might be able to get in if someone sends me an invite or I join their game.

PS4. It's for the multiplayer, I haven't tried the campaign.

Some google research reveals it happened with the beta but it seems to have infested my version of the full game.

I install it, download 9gb of update nonsense overnight, install the update, boot it up and can't get past this stinky error message.

Apparently I might be able to get in if someone sends me an invite or I join their game.

There's scheduled server maintenance taking place at the moment.
  • Upvote 1

Ah right, thanks. Well I first tried at 10am this morning, were they doing maintenance then?

Not sure about this morning. They've been busy since launch. There was maintenance last night and again now, plus they had some downtime over the weekend for patching, etc...

Just the normal Call of Duty launch weekend. Will never change.

Should hopefully settle down in time for me being off this weekend.

Not sure about this morning. They've been busy since launch. There was maintenance last night and again now, plus they had some downtime over the weekend for patching, etc...

Just the normal Call of Duty launch weekend. Will never change.

Should hopefully settle down in time for me being off this weekend.

It was a mission just to get my copy.  I went to two Tescos, both sold out.  Then tried to get to Sainsbury's but had to take a massive road diversion and ended up on the M1, but they did have a copy when I got there.  Then had to download 9gb on a slow connection.  Now this.  Somebody doesn't want me to play this game. 

• Upvote 1

It was a mission just to get my copy.  I went to two Tescos, both sold out.  Then tried to get to Sainsbury's but had to take a massive road diversion and ended up on the M1, but they did have a copy when I got there.  Then had to download 9gb on a slow connection.  Now this.  Somebody doesn't want me to play this game. 

Once you do finally get on, I reckon this'll be right up your street. No more targets flying through the air when you're trying to snipe them.

I've yet to play any of the traditional multiplayer maps, and have only had a quick look at the 2 new War maps, though I am logging in everyday to get my daily bonus and to pick up my payroll in the HQ.

I'm in :)

Nice. 

I'll be getting on properly over the weekend.

On shift until Thursday morning. Scotland vs Holland on Thursday evening. Destiny 2 or The Division session with lads from work on Friday. CoD WWII Saturday & Sunday.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like a real version of WWII

How are you finding this? I know you didn't play the beta, so interested to read your initial impressions.

I'm of the thinking that we can get a fair few clan sessions out of this, so long as the others jump on board...

I'm loving it so far.  K/D is only 0.89 but early days and feeling my way into the maps with the Lee Enfield using FMJ and Ballistic Calibration attachments.  This rifle is much more accurate than what I was using on MWR (the R-700) so it's a welcome relief and I think kills will come easier when I've got my tactics for each map sorted.

I'm working towards getting S-Mine 44 which appears to be the Betty equivalent so that will give me some much needed protection.  Level 22 so not too far away, I'm on 11 now.  At the moment it's about staying alive until I get those mines. 

Favourite map so far is the big boat one. 

Sounds like a real version of WWII

Still bearing the scars, bro. 

I'm loving it so far.  K/D is only 0.89 but early days and feeling my way into the maps with the Lee Enfield using FMJ and Ballistic Calibration attachments.  This rifle is much more accurate than what I was using on MWR (the R-700) so it's a welcome relief and I think kills will come easier when I've got my tactics for each map sorted.

I'm working towards getting S-Mine 44 which appears to be the Betty equivalent so that will give me some much needed protection.  Level 22 so not too far away, I'm on 11 now.  At the moment it's about staying alive until I get those mines. 

Favourite map so far is the big boat one.

I used the Karabin during the beta, really liked that. Didn't get on so well with the bolt actions.

I'm deliberating what to use my Prestige Token on. Both the BAR & FG42 are getting rave reviews from YouTubers and are unlocked late in the prestige, so was thinking of using the token on one of those.

I used the STG-44 a lot in the beta and that's unlocked at level 15, so as long as it performs as it did in the beta, I'd be happy using that until I hit the FG42 & then the BAR.

As I'll finally go and try the other game modes in this over the coming weekend, I reckon that the mine could also be a good shout to use the token on.

However, I really loved the Bang basic training during the beta, which allows you to carry 2 lethal grenades and 2 tactical grenades (only 1 smoke), which is super helpful when playing War. Stunning people on objectives and following up with a little nade makes defending that touch easier...

Choices, choices...

I see the M1 Garand is back.  This was my rifle of choice in World at War.  To get the sniper scope you had to complete Marksman Challenge IV, which was hard.  I can't remember what Marksman Challenge IV was but it took a long time so not many had the sniper scope attachment for the Garand, but once you had it then it was lethal.

But there doesn't seem to be a sniper scope in this game for the Garand unless it is "Advanced Rifling" available at weapon level 12.  Does anyone know what the "Advanced Rifling" attachment is, is it a scope?

I see the M1 Garand is back. This was my rifle of choice in World at War. To get the sniper scope you had to complete Marksman Challenge IV, which was hard. I can't remember what Marksman Challenge IV was but it took a long time so not many had the sniper scope attachment for the Garand, but once you had it then it was lethal.

But there doesn't seem to be a sniper scope in this game for the Garand unless it is "Advanced Rifling" available at weapon level 12. Does anyone know what the "Advanced Rifling" attachment is, is it a scope?

Advanced Rifling increases your damage over range.

So, if the gun does 40 damage over 30 metres before dropping off to 30 damage, Advanced Rifling will increase the range that you'll be getting 40 damage from 30 metres to say 45 metres before the damage drops off to 30.

Is there not a 4x scope for the Garand?