You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

On 26/12/2021 at 09:52, Section_31 said:

The fuck, Branagh is playing him in a sky drama about his handling of Covid. 

_122366132_sceptred.jpg

How can they even do that?

Are they going to include the bit where he wanted to go on live take and get injected with it,to prove its not deadly?

This is the level of fucking idiot who goes in to bat for the fucking cretin.

I can't even count how many things that are wrong with this...

Thank you?

Stupid cunt(s).

Turns out the daft mule is mentally ill and a vlogger, apparently.

This has to be watched to be believed.

I've had my fill of the world now, make it stop.

9 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Thank you?

Stupid cunt(s).

Are you sure that isn't just a new look for Mark Francois?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Thank you?

Stupid cunt(s).

What.the.

Fuck.

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's a cunt. Happy New Year. Wonder how  he and the tory cunts can fuck the UK in 2022? Cunts!

For a start they're going to cripple a lot of small to medium business'...

NEW YEAR, NEW CHECKS: New post-Brexit customs controls are coming into force tomorrow, and they are threatening to cause havoc to food supplies to Britain, hitting small and medium-sized businesses the most, my colleague Cristina Gallardo writes in to report.

What’s new: British importers must make a full customs declaration on goods entering Britain from the EU, and will no longer be able to delay completing these declarations for up to 175 days — as they had been allowed to in previous months to prevent Brexit disruption. Importers will also have to provide advance notice of a consignment containing fresh food, animals and plants before it enters Great Britain.

More headaches: Rules of origin will also become a major issue, as a one-year grace period for dealing with this complex issue will also expire on January 1. This will hit British companies that export to the EU, which will have to prove their goods qualify for zero-tariff access before shipping them to the EU, but also EU companies supplying to the U.K.

The Irish exemption: Goods entering Great Britain from the island of Ireland will be exempted from the January 1 checks for as long as the EU-U.K. talks on the Northern Ireland protocol continue.

Why this matters: The U.K. imports five times the amount of food that it exports to the EU, and trade associations are warning that the new checks will hit food supply in particular, bringing back the damaging images of empty shelves that we saw earlier in the year as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Smaller businesses, with less bandwidth to absorb the new requirements, will struggle the most.

Lack of preparation: Richard Harrow, chief executive at the British Frozen Food Federation, warned the new border controls could see major delays at British ports because many EU hauliers are not familiar yet with the new systems designed by HM Revenue and Customs: “Whilst the new U.K. rules will be introduced in stages, we are concerned that not enough planning has been done to ensure the new requirements are understood by everyone in the food supply chain.”

Government response: A U.K. government spokesperson told Playbook “overall trader readiness for the introduction of import controls is strong” and the government was delivering the new systems, infrastructure and resourcing needed for the controls.

Brace for the worst: If you thought this was all, take a deep breath. Export health certificates, phytosanitary certificates, safety and security declarations, and physical checks on fresh food and plants at border control posts will be required from July 1, 2022. Happy New Year to all business folks.

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

For a start they're going to cripple a lot of small to medium business'...

NEW YEAR, NEW CHECKS: New post-Brexit customs controls are coming into force tomorrow, and they are threatening to cause havoc to food supplies to Britain, hitting small and medium-sized businesses the most, my colleague Cristina Gallardo writes in to report.

What’s new: British importers must make a full customs declaration on goods entering Britain from the EU, and will no longer be able to delay completing these declarations for up to 175 days — as they had been allowed to in previous months to prevent Brexit disruption. Importers will also have to provide advance notice of a consignment containing fresh food, animals and plants before it enters Great Britain.

More headaches: Rules of origin will also become a major issue, as a one-year grace period for dealing with this complex issue will also expire on January 1. This will hit British companies that export to the EU, which will have to prove their goods qualify for zero-tariff access before shipping them to the EU, but also EU companies supplying to the U.K.

The Irish exemption: Goods entering Great Britain from the island of Ireland will be exempted from the January 1 checks for as long as the EU-U.K. talks on the Northern Ireland protocol continue.

Why this matters: The U.K. imports five times the amount of food that it exports to the EU, and trade associations are warning that the new checks will hit food supply in particular, bringing back the damaging images of empty shelves that we saw earlier in the year as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Smaller businesses, with less bandwidth to absorb the new requirements, will struggle the most.

Lack of preparation: Richard Harrow, chief executive at the British Frozen Food Federation, warned the new border controls could see major delays at British ports because many EU hauliers are not familiar yet with the new systems designed by HM Revenue and Customs: “Whilst the new U.K. rules will be introduced in stages, we are concerned that not enough planning has been done to ensure the new requirements are understood by everyone in the food supply chain.”

Government response: A U.K. government spokesperson told Playbook “overall trader readiness for the introduction of import controls is strong” and the government was delivering the new systems, infrastructure and resourcing needed for the controls.

Brace for the worst: If you thought this was all, take a deep breath. Export health certificates, phytosanitary certificates, safety and security declarations, and physical checks on fresh food and plants at border control posts will be required from July 1, 2022. Happy New Year to all business folks.

Joyous.  "We" really did vote to make our lives more difficult. 

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I enjoyed this piece from Matthew Parris in today’s Times where he nails Johnson’s character flaws and unfitness for office.

02E145A3-F951-4F32-8C16-B408646AE354.jpeg

Thing is, it's not news to anyone, that's what I can't get my head around. 

Nothing he's done as PM is out of character, yet still people voted for him.

He's a harbinger of doom, the Beast and the false prophet all rolled into one.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It’s really incredible anyone ever trusts him though when you read that. Everyone who goes near him gets burnt.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If there was only some sort of clue that he would turn out to be a lying inept charlatan. 

I feel such a fool.

He needs volleying for that churchill thing he does anyway.