You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best All Time Premier League XI - Cast your votes

TLW

Best Line up?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Best Line up?

Paul gets my vote easily the most fluid out of the lot. Some great players here though!

If Kewell was replaced with Barnes, Pique with Hyypia and Toure with Gerrard then boy this team would rock n roll all over the place.

PS there is no mention of Juninho in here? Surely he should have been given an opportunity?

For me it's between Stu (only 2 mancs and ones which pissed pisscan purple nose off) and Dan's (good overall balance) teams.

Some of the selections from others are insane - but that's what makes us all different, as you all see different things in players.

Surprised there was no Torres (cunt that he is), Berger or Morientes.

Couldn't pick Dave's cos of Stuart Pearce and no way Agger and Skrtel are the best two players in that position,Woo's team is far too much of a Manc lovefest. Neil's team was good except for the 2 on the right side of defence,good players,the best to have played there? don't think so.None of the other teams really grabbed me so Stu's team for me

Got to be alex woo's team. Too much power and class with Scholes and Keane. Can''t beat that midfield pairing. Zola, Pires and Silva offer so much attacking creativity and it's hard to get a better striker than Van Nistelrooy. Very solid keeper in Seaman marshaling a very solid defence..hate having to vote for a team with Neville in it, but to be fair to him he was a very solid full back.

Some great sides and players on the other teams. Great to see guys like McGrath getting a mention. I remember one time when I was working in Birmingham and ending up at a lock in with him on a Friday night with a game at 3 the next day. The guy was out boozing until 7 with us and enjoying the scouse banter about playing with the Mancs and told us to come along and he'd get us into the executive box at Villa Park the next day. We thought he was taking the piss, but went along. Sure enough we were all let in and watched him have Shearer in his pocket. What a gentleman and what a player!!

Stu & Alex's teams are beautifully balanced. Stu's team edges it for having a magnificent back four and the inclusion of the - sadly forgotten - Mendieta. He was sublime at Valencia and I always hoped he'd rekindle that flame. That front four is the sex.

My team of players left over would be

Cantona - Klinsmann

Kinkladze - G.Silva - Okocha - Kanchelskis

Evra - Pallister - Bruce - Salgado

Jaaskelainan

And for what it's worth I'd fancy my chances against any of the teams above. :)

Stunned! Absolutely stunned that You would Bruce (and Pallister) in your team. Remember thinking in the early 90's that the best evidence of how weak the PL was, was that man utd could win the league with that pair. Got shred to bits everytime in the CL

Got to be alex woo's team. Too much power and class with Scholes and Keane. Can''t beat that midfield pairing. Zola, Pires and Silva offer so much attacking creativity and it's hard to get a better striker than Van Nistelrooy. Very solid keeper in Seaman marshaling a very solid defence..hate having to vote for a team with Neville in it, but to be fair to him he was a very solid full back.

Some great sides and players on the other teams. Great to see guys like McGrath getting a mention. I remember one time when I was working in Birmingham and ending up at a lock in with him on a Friday night with a game at 3 the next day. The guy was out boozing until 7 with us and enjoying the scouse banter about playing with the Mancs and told us to come along and he'd get us into the executive box at Villa Park the next day. We thought he was taking the piss, but went along. Sure enough we were all let in and watched him have Shearer in his pocket. What a gentleman and what a player!!

The idea that his front four comes anywhere near my front four is one that you should be comitted for putting down here. Ronaldo. Barnes. Shevchenko. Litmanen. Soak that shit in baby!

Far too much mentalism going on here.