You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

Yeah, parts of Cody's song took the roof off. It's easy to see why he's so popular. He makes the effort with the fans.

The missus was with me as well, so the sly perving was limited haha. Bianca Belair and Damage Control were there!!

Gunter wasn't on the card. I'll tell you who was and is a scary looking mf, Dexter Lumus.

I’m a big fan of Cody. Usually I like the babyfaces to have an edge/be full of some themselves like The Rock or Austin, but I’m drawn to Cody. He seems like a genuinely nice fella.

I think when 6’4 Damien Priest is walking around topless, she can’t really complain you’re watching Belair bend right over or how tight Bayley’s trousers are.

17 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I’m a big fan of Cody. Usually I like the babyfaces to have an edge/be full of some themselves like The Rock or Austin, but I’m drawn to Cody. He seems like a genuinely nice fella.

I think when 6’4 Damien Priest is walking around topless, she can’t really complain you’re watching Belair bend right over or how tight Bayley’s trousers are.

Hahahahahaha, very true mate. 

After not watching a number of years and watching far more the past year the woman have come on leaps and bounds. Some really impressive stuff compared to when I watched. Mind you it was the attitude era and they were on as eye candy. 

Chyna vs Rhea would have been immense. 

Surprised they brought Nia Jax back, she's awful. 

44 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

After not watching a number of years and watching far more the past year the woman have come on leaps and bounds. Some really impressive stuff compared to when I watched. Mind you it was the attitude era and they were on as eye candy. 

Chyna vs Rhea would have been immense. 

Surprised they brought Nia Jax back, she's awful. 

Slightly behind Gunther, Rollins and Balor, I’d say Rhea Ripley is one of the top 5 wrestlers in WWE.

She’s had two matches at Wrestlemania against Ric Flair’s daughter that were the match of the year.

She’s exceptional in the ring and quite telegenic.

On 17/11/2023 at 13:18, Dicko said:

Some fella called Gunther is apparently upset with Bret Hart.

I watched one of his matches and it was more akin to synchronised swimming than actual wrestling.

Not sure it’s Gunther you watched the clip of.

He’s one of the few serious athletes in wrestling, none of that choreographed pish:

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

He really can talk:

He's boss.

He may well be a pain in the arse but on the mic nobody better IMO.

Can still go in ring too.

If the PG nature of modern WWE and the scripted promos they are so wedded to now don't suppress him too much I expect some really good stuff once he is engaged in actually working a programme with someone...at the moment as good as that promo above is, it can't be same as when working with another wrestler...

The more I watch it the more I'm disappointed with it these days. So many botches and obvious non connections. Probably because everyone has to jump over, through the ropes or try moonsaults etc. They miss my a mile and its still half sold. 

So much seems to be have a phrase or theme tune the audience can interact with. 

Raw is too long aswell

I disagree - the in ring work is generally very good, probably at the highest overall level of all time....What is not good/missing is long term story telling (largely IMO down to the ridiculous number of PPV's) - 50/50 booking is too prevalent and the overly scripted promos.

The phrases and audience play along has always been case really even in the attitude era - The Rock came out and cut the same promo over and over really with 'finally the rock has come back to' (wherever)...'and the millions.....and millions of the rock's fans'.....ending with 'if you smell what the rock is cooking' - yeah it was edgy and often dead funny inbetween because he was allowed to say stuff but the structure was mostly same....and the crowd lapped it up and shouted along.

Austin was no different with everything ending with 'and thats the bottom line, 'cos stone cold said so'....And of course countless other examples including the irritating 'what?' stuff from Austin.....Kurt Angle coming out to a chorus of 'you suck' from crowd in time to his entrance music.... and talking about suck DX's 'we've got two words for yer.....suck it' stuff and more recently Bryan Danielson's 'yes' stuff....

It has always been a big part of the show and always will be.

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The more I watch it the more I'm disappointed with it these days. So many botches and obvious non connections. Probably because everyone has to jump over, through the ropes or try moonsaults etc. They miss my a mile and its still half sold. 

Raw is too long aswell

The moonsaults are hilarious. Style over substance.

The Ultimate warrior with 10 clotheslines and a spear brought more energy over any amount of acrobats. 

On 11/12/2023 at 22:49, Lee909 said:

Raw is too long aswell

The product is easily the best its been since about 2001.

On 12/12/2023 at 11:26, an tha said:

I disagree - the in ring work is generally very good, probably at the highest overall level of all time....What is not good/missing is long term story telling (largely IMO down to the ridiculous number of PPV's) - 50/50 booking is too prevalent and the overly scripted promos.

Maybe it depends on what you want, but im not a fan of all the flying shit. Its good when its used in small bits. But for me, nothing i see today gets anything close to Bret Hart and Mr Perfect/Piper/Bulldog. Or Flair,Ricky Steamboat, Macho man matches from years back. The told a far better in ring story than much you see today. Very little today looks real imo. Maybe its my age but i much preferred Heals and Faces and how they won and lost. Finishing moves protected,chair shots only being used now and then

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Maybe it depends on what you want, but im not a fan of all the flying shit. Its good when its used in small bits. But for me, nothing i see today gets anything close to Bret Hart and Mr Perfect/Piper/Bulldog. Or Flair,Ricky Steamboat, Macho man matches from years back. The told a far better in ring story than much you see today. Very little today looks real imo. Maybe its my age but i much preferred Heals and Faces and how they won and lost. Finishing moves protected,chair shots only being used now and then

I loved it at the time but if you watch back those early 90s matches, they were terrible in comparison, the same 4 or 5 moves all the time and the jobbers were so clearly jobbers as well

It's more akin to synchronised swimming now than wrestling.

There's more injuries, yet it looks faker than ever.

None of these wrestlers today (in the USA) with the exception of Styles, Lesner & Punk could have lived with a peak Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Macho Man, Flair, Funk or the four pillars.

A single European uppercut by Bret Hart would have sent these fairies running to HHH saying he's hitting me too hard.

The match I blame for this is Shawn Michaels Vs The Undertaker WM25. Possibly the most overrated match of all time, that boiled down to kicking out of finishers. And that was the lesson they learned finishers are now transitional moves.

I'd love to see how transitional Stan Hansen's lariat is.

Christ if Sherri were still with us she'd be mens world champion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dicko said:

It's more akin to synchronised 

None of these wrestlers today (in the USA) with the exception of Styles, Lesner & Punk could have lived with a peak Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Macho Man, Flair, Funk or the four pillars.

I'd add Gunther to that list

I think there's other that would if they'd have been around earlier and larned as they used too. 

On 18/12/2023 at 03:53, Lee909 said:

I think there is more diversity now.

The cards have a little bit of everything - but maybe it means not enough of what someone may specifically like...

I do think there is too much 50/50 booking, promos are generally not as good as were and stories don't have time/room to breathe and grow because of too many PPV's and too many segments as trying to give time to so many performers.