You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

I think he's doing a good job. He's got rid of most of the dross, brought in technically superior players. There is a lot more pace, flair and creativity in the side now. The players seem to be enjoying their training and are all fighting and working hard for each other in the games. I haven't seen a Liverpool team with this much spirit since the 2008/2009 season. Sure we could do with a few more quality signings to add to the squad but, there is a lot to be positive about at the moment and that is something I haven't been able to say for a long time. It's starting to look like we're going in the right direction now and long may it continue.

I wouldn't swap Rodgers for anyone right now and would like to think hell be here for years to come considering his age.

He has us playing football the right way and when he gets out right with the players needed we will be a top team.

There's a good interview on bt sport with him where he talks about his time at reading and was saying how it looked like his managerial career was over.One things for sure is he fully appreciates where he is and will work his balls off to get it right.

I wouldn't swap Rodgers for anyone right now and would like to think hell be here for years to come considering his age.

He has us playing football the right way and when he gets out right with the players needed we will be a top team.

There's a good interview on bt sport with him where he talks about his time at reading and was saying how it looked like his managerial career was over.One things for sure is he fully appreciates where he is and will work his balls off to get it right.

It's just a shame FSG seem to be hindering him at the moment mate.

Think he is doing a very good job in difficult circumstances. There are 4 clubs with far more resources than us, and Spurs are a bit ahead of us in terms of their team development. He has moved on a lot of dross and for the most part his signings have been good.

I also think he handles the media brilliantly and like it or not thats part of the game right now. See how easily he bats off Sky's questions that don't suit him, but he does it in a way that doesn't offend them.

And its great to see us trying to play football again.

And you assume that lies solely at the feet of FSG?

We've been fairly shit for four consecutive seasons, with no guarantee that we have enough in our locker to mount a challenge for a top 4 place this season. The way I see it is that if we are to attract so-called bigger name players, then we will have to overpay in transfer fees and wages. My guess is that FSG are not willing to do this.

Well I hardly think Brendan can be blamed for that.

Not blamed, but he's a part of the process that's brought the minus net spend about.

He's the intrinsic piece of a transfer commitee that's gone for ambitious targets that have either opted against joning us or have gone too far out of our price range.

I don't see how our current net spend is solely at FSG's feet when it's the committee that chooses the targets.

It's been a complex fuck up this far, with plenty of blame to go around.

Not blamed' date=' but he's a part of the process that's brought the minus net spend about.

He's the intrinsic piece of a transfer commitee that's gone for ambitious targets that have either opted against joning us or have gone too far out of our price range.

I don't see how our current net spend is solely at FSG's feet when it's the committee that chooses the targets.

It's been a complex fuck up this far, with plenty of blame to go around.[/quote']

I think you'll find that BR is not involved anywhere near as much as we'd like to think he is.

I think you'll find that BR is not involved anywhere near as much as we'd like to think he is.

It seems that he distances himself from the process. As in "not implicated" in public. I can relate to that, I keep getting told that about the school stuff of my kids. I hope it's the same as with us, I trust Rodgers works hard at the club, but dislikes the external crap that he cannot influence.

I really like him and I think he is growing into the role. He's tactically astute, good with players, good with the press, and he just generally seems like a good guy. I just hope that his chances of success aren't undermined by a lack of ambition on the part of the owners.

Is Linda hiding his car keys? Is JW telling Srevie G to play wide and cut inside whatever King Brenny says? Is Ayre hiding the fixture list?

I'd reckon you have a mirror with you 24/7 so you can chat shit to yourself and pretend its someone else.

You're that much of a whopper.