You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

Guest davelfc

Could be happy where he is, might accept that it's a step to far too soon. Might have read about the shit the owl got. Might want his invite to the annual bacon face xmas dinner.

The right decision for all involved. Its really not a snub. Reckon he sees that he's still learning and that at this stage the job is beyond his experience. There'd have been uproar if he said he thought he could do it

If the reports are correct. its actully positive to see FSG doing what they said they would do and interview a number of different people rather than just Martinez.

Whether he is good enough or not its good to see that. as i said in another thread i doubt we will here if other people like rafa, AVB will be having interviews as they are not with clubs so we dont need to ask permission to speak to them.

When you do this in the public eye, and turn it into a circus, you'll end up with a clown.

What manager with any pride, will want to take part in a televised beauty contest where everyone knows who is in the frame?

Does it make sense for Guardiola, Martinez and Pardew, to be (supposedly) interviewed for the same job? This is insanity, and reflects the hierarchy at the club.

I'm sure he feels he's not experienced enough to take it on. He more or less said the same when he was asked about the Chelsea job a couple of months back. Also I'd imagine he probably feels he might be interviewed but that he has no realistic chance of getting the job.

Guest davelfc

Think of it like a video game, he knows he can't manage a few levels above him so wants to gain some more experience on that level before making the move up, like Moyes who was an up and coming until he went to easy level and keeps playing it because people keep applauding his completion of it.

• Upvote 1

fucking embarassing the way it's being reported that he snubbed us. No he didn't the cunt he just new he would be out of his depth and was n ot a popular choice wi8th the fans. lets hope martinez reads TLW. I've always suspected he was a lurker.

He will regret this in a few years time when he's been sacked and can't get a job in the prem. He thinks he's being clever but he doesn't realise he's just flavour of the month and there has been a lot of them over the past few years.

Whether he regrets it or not is his business. We do not need a flavour of the month manager

He's an intelligent man, guess he's happy with the way things are going at Swansea. Probably doesn't want to take on a big rebuild job yet, add to that the fact that he will be carrying on from Kenny and given the reaction/chance Roy got after Rafa was sacked I don't blame him for not wanting to make such a big step so early in his career.

When you do this in the public eye, and turn it into a circus, you'll end up with a clown.

What manager with any pride, will want to take part in a televised beauty contest where everyone knows who is in the frame?

Does it make sense for Guardiola, Martinez and Pardew, to be (supposedly) interviewed for the same job? This is insanity, and reflects the hierarchy at the club.

Spot on Horus.

I backed Kenny, not becuase I was certain that he could turn things around,he might,he might not, but also because I did not trust FSG to handle the fall out if he left. And so it is coming to pass.

There was a case for Kenny to go. If FSG had said "The team was not performing as we wanted. We wanted a different direction there fore we have appointed AVB, Rafa, Van Gaal/ Rijkaard,Capello, (take your pick, insert your favourite), then it is job done. Some would have moaned, but clear coherent action would have been taken.

This is becoming the predictable shambles. If I was AVB, I don't want a beauty contest with Martinez. Either he is good enough for the job (he is) or he isnt.

Yep, lets not forget there may even be cameras following this whole circus, the new manager hunt could appear in the Fox documentary. There are more suitable ways of asking if Rodgers is interested, like Steve Clarke asking his old mate Brendan quietly. They are either making a deliberate song and dance about this or just clueless I suggest the later.

I snubbed a three-way with Rihanna and Beyonce.

HAHA I would as well - due to the fact that I know the three way would turn into a one to one the minute I got Two strokes into the first on!

It would be fun working out which one to give the best two strokes of their life to though!