You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

1 minute ago, Kevin D said:

To be in that dressing room:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/66661951/page/3

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers tells BBC Scotland: "It's a massive result for the squad when you consider virtually half the team is unavailable.

"I said to them before the game that I need my men today. You need to come here, with 50,000 baying for blood, you need to come and play like a man, even though you're really young players.

Channelling his inner Don Corleone

200w (1).gif

47 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

To be in that dressing room:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/66661951/page/3

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers tells BBC Scotland: "It's a massive result for the squad when you consider virtually half the team is unavailable.

"I said to them before the game that I need my men today. You need to come here, with 50,000 baying for blood, you need to come and play like a man, even though you're really young players.

He just didn't get the last line right, otherwise I would have sobbed like a tart before smearing my face with blood and drawing my pistols.

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Dunno why this cracked me up, it's pure Rodgers. 

newFile-1.jpg?quality=75&width=990&crop=

'Like I say, we're absolutely delighted to be able to bring him on board. He's experienced and his ease in dealing with crosses is outstanding. He's a technician and a real good guy to bring into the group.' 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m currently reading Data Game - The Story Of Liverpools Analytics Revolution.

Some interesting bits on Cammoli & Dalglish. A few little digs at Rodgers (“little know it all”), this bit made me laugh…

IMG_1213.jpeg

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’m currently reading Data Game - The Story Of Liverpools Analytics Revolution.

Some interesting bits on Cammoli & Dalglish. A few little digs at Rodgers (“little know it all”), this bit made me laugh…

IMG_1213.jpeg

That section makes me want to read the whole book. Worth grabbing a copy do you reckon, @Scott_M?

38 minutes ago, Ron B said:

That section makes me want to read the whole book. Worth grabbing a copy do you reckon, @Scott_M?

It’s interesting enough but doesn’t really say massive amounts new.

It basically chronicles how we’ve embraced analytics to get to where we are today. It’s starts with Henry / FSG & baseball, them buying the club, the start of the data usage with Camolli, Rodgers wouldn’t listen (make Rodgers sound like a prick to be honest), Klopp embraced it all and now, I’m on how we evaluate signings & how we we’re thoroughly convinced on VVD & Alisson. It’s an easy read, I’m abou 60% of the way through it. 

Ian Graham has a book coming out, which I think will be more enlightening…

https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/462193/how-to-win-the-premier-league-by-graham-ian/9781529934632

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'm releasing a book with the same name

It's more a post it note than book

Just says 

Employ Klopp

I said basically the same thing in the diary the other week. Laughable that nerds like him and Edwards are swanning around like they made Liverpool great again, when they all owe their reputations to the brilliance of Klopp. 

Not saying they didn't play a part, or that they weren't good at their jobs (they might even be the best, I'm not knocking their knowledge or methods), but without Klopp we'd have achieved nothing and nobody would talking about these number crunchers and they certainly wouldn't be releasing books with titles like that.

25 minutes ago, dave u said:

I said basically the same thing in the diary the other week. Laughable that nerds like him and Edwards are swanning around like they made Liverpool great again, when they all owe their reputations to the brilliance of Klopp. 

Not saying they didn't play a part, or that they weren't good at their jobs (they might even be the best, I'm not knocking their knowledge or methods), but without Klopp we'd have achieved nothing and nobody would talking about these number crunchers and they certainly wouldn't be releasing books with titles like that.

Undoubtably Klopp is the star man, I think it’s a team effort. 

38 minutes ago, dave u said:

Yeah, but any other member of that 'team' could be replaced and we'd still carry on being successful, as we have.

True. I guess we’ll see how clever they really are around this time next season.

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

It’s interesting enough but doesn’t really say massive amounts new.

It basically chronicles how we’ve embraced analytics to get to where we are today. It’s starts with Henry / FSG & baseball, them buying the club, the start of the data usage with Camolli, Rodgers wouldn’t listen (make Rodgers sound like a prick to be honest), Klopp embraced it all and now, I’m on how we evaluate signings & how we we’re thoroughly convinced on VVD & Alisson. It’s an easy read, I’m abou 60% of the way through it. 

Ian Graham has a book coming out, which I think will be more enlightening…

https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/462193/how-to-win-the-premier-league-by-graham-ian/9781529934632

Cheers, will look out for that instead. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

True. I guess we’ll see how clever they really are around this time next season.

No-one will be happier than me if Richard Hughes is writing a book in a couple of years time entitled "how to win the Premier League without Jurgen Klopp"