You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

I didn't think Rodgers deserved the job and he has had to win me over. Im happy with our progress... I now see it as progress. His big test will be LFC after Suarez as i believe Suarez impact on how we play and how other teams treat us is massive. He's a boon for any manager. That said Rodgers handling of him and of other players has been exceptional. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes but I'm not at the point where I think success is inevitable just that its more likely than it has been in a while. I'm enjoying LFC at the minute even if sometimes we make things harder for ourselves.

In fairness though, having watched the recent shitfests that were United Arsenal, and the two City Chelsea games we are easily playing the most entertaining football in the league. The swiftness of some of our passing and attacking play is breathtaking at times. If we could just get it right at the back id be very confident of winning the league. 

Guest The Cunt

xherdan

we do have our first choice back 4 out and Lucas

so 5 top defenders - Johnson, Enrique, Sakho, Agger and Lucas

Chelsea look shit without Terry, City not the same without Big Vince and United are just shit so I think its understandable we concede goals.

Add to that Mignolet wont come off his line and we attack with 5-6 players constantly we will always concede goals - but its great to watch as we more often than not score more

• Downvote 1

xherdan

we do have our first choice back 4 out and Lucas

so 5 top defenders - Johnson, Enrique, Sakho, Agger and Lucas

Chelsea look shit without Terry, City not the same without Big Vince and United are just shit so I think its understandable we concede goals.

Add to that Mignolet wont come off his line and we attack with 5-6 players constantly we will always concede goals - but its great to watch as we more often than not score more

Yes we have the majority of our first choice defenders out, but I didnt see anything while they were fit to suggest that our defensive frailties will be resolved once they return. Our style of play requires significant accuracy of passing from our CBs so Agger and Sakho will certainly help out from that perspective, but we are still poor under high balls into the box and our 20 mistakes leading directly to goals (highest in the PL) is not a recent phenomenon despite Toure's howlers recently. 

Also, looking at how our first 11 are performing currently, I dont see Lucas getting back in immediately. SG is performing well in that deeper roll and Hendo has been one of our most consistent performers of the season. 

Yes we have the majority of our first choice defenders out, but I didnt see anything while they were fit to suggest that our defensive frailties will be resolved once they return. Our style of play requires significant accuracy of passing from our CBs so Agger and Sakho will certainly help out from that perspective, but we are still poor under high balls into the box and our 20 mistakes leading directly to goals (highest in the PL) is not a recent phenomenon despite Toure's howlers recently. 

Also, looking at how our first 11 are performing currently, I dont see Lucas getting back in immediately. SG is performing well in that deeper roll and Hendo has been one of our most consistent performers of the season. 

whilst correct with what you say about still having flaws at the back, we haven't lost a league game Enrique has played in this season and the stats heavily favour Agger in being in the team