You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

John Oliver supports Liverpool FC.  Joh Oliver works for HBO.  HBO are quite well off, Let's have HBO as owners and get some dragons, 

I like your thinking. Rename Anfield Dragon's Den and have a TV series every May where injury-ravaged midfielders plead to a team of investors for new contract extensions. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

We’re owned by an American Investment Corp. 

Only an American investment Corp or an oil state/China would buy. 

Why the fuck can’t they just not be tight fucking cunts? Actually spend a few quid and stop making stupid fucking decisions. 

Playing devil's advocate here, maybe they had a reasonable assumption that FFP would be properly enforced and the fact that it hasn't and won't be has influenced their recent approach?

4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

We’re owned by an American Investment Corp. 

Only an American investment Corp or an oil state/China would buy. 

Why the fuck can’t they just not be tight fucking cunts? Actually spend a few quid and stop making stupid fucking decisions. 

That was always the hope, alas it looks like they've been winding down the spending (even more so) with a view to a sale.

Either that or it's the next item down the list of "excuses not to spend" to quell any dissent at January's lack of activity.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Playing devil's advocate here, maybe they had a reasonable assumption that FFP would be properly enforced and the fact that it hasn't and won't be has influenced their recent approach?

Quite possibly. I think it’s a fair point. 

But they knew that 5 years ago and were happy to just sit on their hands and concentrate on their profits. 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

Quite possibly. I think it’s a fair point. 

But they knew that 5 years ago and were happy to just sit on their hands concentrate on their profits. 

It's all a bit of a shitshow really, but at least Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher saved us from the evils of a European Super League. 

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

However naive I don't think that was an unfair assumption but it's been clear for years now that FFP was not going to happen, and certainly before they made a huge amount off the back of us with the Red Bird money and didn't put it back into the club.  

No excuses.

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Yep.  

I get the feeling we're going to be eating humble pie from Newcastle and City supporters soon. 

And let's be honest, we need oil money.  

Realistically, how much more growth is there in buying this 3/4 billion pound asset. FSG maxed that out. I would imagine that'll rule out a lot of consortium types. And bar asset growth, football seems to cost more than it makes.

Its probably oil money/oligarch territory or nothing.  Are there any of those left? Wasn't there a steel magnate from India interested a few years ago.

As an FSG fanboy I don't like this for a couple of reasons. First one being they are tight minge bags. If they think it's time to sell then the numbers people obviously have evidence that now is the peak value or close to it.

The 2nd point is who we sell too. Its Dubai, China or some other American cunt like Bolehy. The only reason I ever defended them was because billionaires are generally cunts, I wouldn't swap them for another owner in the PL, not one of them tick more boxes than FSG. It's an absolute guarantee we get taken over by a scumbag who will throw some crumbs to the cunts looking to hire airplanes. Klopp won't stick around for cunts, that's another certainty. 

• Upvote 1