You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2

Mendoza

Why is TK not registered here anymore?

I asked him and he said he just got fed up with it. I've never pressed him any further than that, I have an idea why but didn't bother delving any further as it's not really my place.

Not heard anything about the prestige tokens as yet, mate. I would assume that they'd carry on over into BlOps2 as part of Elite.

May have to do some cracking on with MW2 just in case then before we start Black Ops runs in readiness for BO2 coming out.

I asked him and he said he just got fed up with it. I've never pressed him any further than that, I have an idea why but didn't bother delving any further as it's not really my place.

May have to do some cracking on with MW2 just in case then before we start Black Ops runs in readiness for BO2 coming out.

I've tried to get onto MW2 in the not too distant past, to partner up with Byrnie, but I've not able to connect to the multiplayer servers for some reason. Very strange.

I've got World at War and CoD 4 that I can try and prestige on, but they're both hacked to bits.

I think they only included MW2 onwards for the tokens.

I always miss Byrnie and send him an invite just as he logs off.

For the life of me, I can't remember, but I think that it was from CoD 4 onward. No matter, so long as I get ample opportunity to swear me little head off, I'll be as happy as a fat kid in a sweet shop...

EDIT: It is CoD 4 onward. Prestige Tokens

• 2 weeks later...

Nuketown is a shit map and I am staggered that people enjoyedit so much that they thought they'd redo it to make a Nuketown 2! I don't like the cartoony graphics on that level... I thought the whole of the last Blackops was cartoony, slow and not very good.

The Carrier level looked very good though and the graphics are more what the game should look like IMO, in that level.

I swore not to buy this game though and I am sticking by that, as although this looks better I still don't think it will be a patch on MW2 or MW3!

Can't agree with mentioning MW3 in same breath as MW2. From day one, MW3 was a monumental fuck up and patches were being released all the way into October for problems with the game, which still included lag compensation and spawn system problems.

Overall there were 23 title updates/patches for MW3, with numerous other emergency and hot fixes that were dynamically distributed.

I won't even get started on Elite...

Who knows how BlOps 2 will go, but I'm not hearing/reading the same sort of early criticism from those who get early access to CoD games, that I did back prior to MW3's release.

While BlOps 2 may not reach the heights of MW2, I'm predicting that it will comfortably be better than BlOps and MW3.

Release day is going to be huge for Treyarch. They cannot afford to have the same release day problems that BlOps or MW3 had. If they do, then Activision will see the start of a decline in the franchise.

Gamers have been extremely patient over the past releases, despite the huge problems that have beset those titles, but I don't think that they'll put up with a 3rd shit release day.

Not saying MW3 is better than MW2, I agree MW2 is the better game.

But MW2 & MW3 are both better than Blackops, which I thought was a horrible multiplayer game! Slow, irresponsive and very frustrating.

I hardly got the MW3 problems with lag and didn't have an issue the the re-spawning personally. I know there were some issues, but I don't think they were half as bad as people make out.

Will do. You spoken to TK recently? Do you know if he's getting it? I'm assuming he will be/have.

Yes he mentioned a few weeks ago he was getting it. He was taking the piss when I said I'd pre ordered it despite all of my complaining.

I've been hitting MW3 a bit this week but he hasn't been around as much so I don't know if he's pre ordered or just getting it on the day.

Yes he mentioned a few weeks ago he was getting it. He was taking the piss when I said I'd pre ordered it despite all of my complaining.

I've been hitting MW3 a bit this week but he hasn't been around as much so I don't know if he's pre ordered or just getting it on the day.

Sound. Just Byrnie to go then...

Had a bit of a play just now, and early impressions are good.

I've just played Boot Camp in Combat Training. You play against bots and other low ranked players, allowing you to get a feel for the maps as well as allowing you to rank up a bit. None of your stats carry into the real multiplayer, so there's no need to worry about K/D ratios and the like. See the video above...

Still had some people rage quitting though, twice connection to the host died and killed the lobby. Had a couple of host migrations in other games as well.

Knifing has changed. You've really got to be close to your enemy now. Also, the sensitivity of the knife button is unreal, so be aware as you'll panic knife a lot to begin with.