You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2

Mendoza

Played a few games last night and the spawning system was actually worse than the early days of mw3, if thats possible. Lost count of the number of times i was spawn killed. Also they seem to have brought back massively overpowered killstreak rewards. Early days but i have to say my first impressions were not good.

I've been starting to have problems with it freezing up trying to start multiplayer games to the point I have to hard reset the PS3.

Wondering if it was my PS3 playing up so I have a look around the net and...

Black Ops 2 PS3: Freezing, Servers Not Available & 'Need More Players' - NowGamer

The things is I'm not even that surprised or pissed off because I expected there to be issues. Activision definitely done for me now. This isn't a "I'm pissed off and ranting" thing now either, more a "I can't be arsed anymore" thing.

Just hoping Respawn get themselves sorted and put something really good out.

I'd not experienced any real issues during the brief sessions I had earlier.

The usual host migration and host conection lost stuff is par for the course.

Will be looking to grab a couple of hours tomorrow between waking up and leaving for work at 20:00.

Feels a bit slower than previous but I'm ok with that.

What sensitivity are you playing on?

They've tweaked the sensitivity options somewhat. Instead of 10 being max, it's now 14. (Don't ask me why, it just is...).

14 is the equivalent of 10. There's a video from Tmartn that explains it. Will post it in a moment.

I can't understand how I got to level ten in combat training and it continues into multiplayer.

Just a new introductory to multiplayer for people new to the game. Allows you to familiarise yourself with maps/perks/weapons while rewarding your time spent playing by allowing you to carry over your levelling into the real multiplayer world, but without having to worry about K/D, W/L & Accuracy stats.

In Combat Training, no Kill/Death, Win/Loss or Accuracy stats are saved, this begins once you hit the real mulitplayer.

Combat Training is a mixture of bots and other n00bs, (anyone between ranks 1-10). I think it's a good touch. Not sure how it's meant to work after you prestige, if it does at all.

Just a new introductory to multiplayer for people new to the game. Allows you to familiarise yourself with maps/perks/weapons while rewarding your time spent playing by allowing you to carry over your levelling into the real multiplayer world' date=' but without having to worry about K/D, W/L & Accuracy stats.

In Combat Training, no Kill/Death, Win/Loss or Accuracy stats are saved, this begins once you hit the real mulitplayer.

Combat Training is a mixture of bots and other n00bs, (anyone between ranks 1-10). I think it's a good touch. Not sure how it's meant to work after you prestige, if it does at all.[/quote']

So you can get up to level 55 by playing this way?

Anyone started the campaign at all? I played it for about 15 minutes before I had to leave for work. Pretty nice start. I'm useless with Valkyrie missiles....!

Apparently there are 4 different endings for the campaign, so there's plenty of longevity/playability in the campaign. I've heard that it's fairly easy on regular and that veteran has a few challenging sections, but is on par with MW3 in terms of overall difficulty.

Nice touch having Ghost unlocked at level 55. Shame the bloody claymores are way out at 53! Bastards!

Claymores hardly worked in the last game, everyone just ran through them all the time.

Annoyed the hell out of me.

Claymores hardly worked in the last game, everyone just ran through them all the time.

Annoyed the hell out of me.

Still a good early warning system if you've got them positioned well enough. Plus you'll occaisionally get that bonus kill from them. I love claymores. Them and Dead Silence/Ninja are must haves, for me.

ACR only unlocks at level 40 and it seems i can't use a prestige token to unlock it early. Bollocks.

Need to prestige before using tokens...

EDIT: I'm liking the feel of the MTAR at the moment. I loved the TAR-21 in MW2, so I reckon I'll end up sticking with the MTAR on this for a good while. The Skorpion EVO in the first default class, (can't remember the name), is a little beastly.

No sign of prestige tokens in this one either. A little disappointed as it would have helped me immensely with me being shit at it.

I've put one game in Theatre as I had a really good game by my standards on a couple. Missed some of them though.

No sign of TK at all which is highly irregular.

Edit: Just seen Al's post about the tokens.

I only got my PS3 copy in the post today, so I'm expecting my XBOX copy and Declassified for the Vita to turn up tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

Not decided what to do regarding DLC. Think I may get the season pass on XBOX, and then decide if it's worth getting each drop for the PS3.