You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Sorry but the point is, he is deemed good enough for Chelsea yet our fans turned their nose up at him. He was mid table shite when we were linked with him. It has nothing to do with the strength of their squad, they are not going to spend £10m on a player just to ensure their is someone to set the kits out.

A 21 year old lad who is playing for Wigan, is written off because he is playing for Wigan. We have stopped being the self appointed best fans in the world and just moan and whinge, and if there is nothing to moan and whinge about we will find something to moan and whinge about. If he bought Ramirez tomorrow their will fans complaining that he isn't proven in the premiership and we need other areas to strengthen. Moses could be a great signing, but he would never get a chance with our fans.

They are buying him for the potential that he might turn into something better than he is at the moment. They already have enough quality players to play for the first team and have an almost unlimited budget which is totally different to the position we are in.

Its a 10 millin punt for them, once we cant afford, just like we should have spent the money we spent on Henderson on someone who was good enough to p;lay for us straightaway.

Reade calling him out for what he is.

I love it when Sir Alex Ferguson attempts to win sympathy.

It’s like the playground bully being caught smashing a little kid’s head in and showing the teacher a bruised knuckle to prove he’s the victim.

Fergie can’t comprehend why Arsenal are being so horrid to him as he tries to snatch their star player for £15million. “We’ve been trying our best but there’s been no progress. It’s difficult to know why they are operating in this way,” he said.

Omitting to say that if Arsene Wenger tried to take Wayne Rooney off him for a pittance the only “progress” involved would be two fingers raised in the direction of North London.

Talking of Rooney, Fergie is also furious that Lucas Moura chose PSG ahead of Manchester United, and demands to know what the game is coming to: “I find it amazing that a club can pay £35.5m for a 19-year-old,” he said.

Well, back in 2004, Fergie splashed out £28m on Wayne Rooney.

Using the Bank of England’s inflation calculator, that’s £36.3 m in today’s money. For an 18-year-old.

You’re right Fergie. It’s amazing. Your cheek, that is.

I wouldn't have been against us signing Sinclair, however I don't think I would see the point in signing him if I was a City fan, Adam Johnson is better imo

But Adam Johnson is an egomaniacal, zero work ethic dicksleeve that City want rid of...

...maybe we should be in for him...

It’s like the playground bully being caught smashing a little kid’s head in and showing the teacher a bruised knuckle to prove he’s the victim.

Fergie can’t comprehend why Arsenal are being so horrid to him as he tries to snatch their star player for £15million. “We’ve been trying our best but there’s been no progress. It’s difficult to know why they are operating in this way,” he said.

Omitting to say that if Arsene Wenger tried to take Wayne Rooney off him for a pittance the only “progress” involved would be two fingers raised in the direction of North London.

Talking of Rooney, Fergie is also furious that Lucas Moura chose PSG ahead of Manchester United, and demands to know what the game is coming to: “I find it amazing that a club can pay £35.5m for a 19-year-old,” he said.

Using the Bank of England’s inflation calculator, that’s £36.3 m in today’s money. For an 18-year-old.

The old !@#$%^&* never ceases to amaze. Of course he believes he has the God given right to sign any player he wants. But I don't understand why Wenger is not doing a counter bid of 20 mil for Rooney and give the bugger a nose bleed. I don't trust the Arseholes anyways, they could end up selling RVP to the Scum. Isn't anyone up for sale over at the Emirates?

Me too - not the greatest but would solve a problem and give us potential upside. I wonder whether him or Sturridge are dependant on shifting out Agger or Carroll. Perhaps if Chelsea sign Moses we'll see movement on Sturridge?

Are we being linked with Sturridge? Where have you heard that.

I sincerely fucking hope not. Moses would be better than that sulking over rated prima donna.

That is potential downside if you ask me. I think.

Are we being linked with Sturridge? Where have you heard that.

I sincerely fucking hope not. Moses would be better than that sulking over rated prima donna.

That is potential downside if you ask me. I think.

We were linked earlier in the summer at the same time that Walcott was mentioned. I agree with you ref Sturridge and I feel that applies to Adam Johnson as well- hence Walcott being the best choice for outside forward that I've seen.

Great article that.

Ferguson is a deluded old cunt. One rule for him, one rule for another.

I'm going to have a celebratory vacation when he dies.

Dont want Sahin here if those quotes the other day are real. Let him stay watching football from the bench, the fucking quim.

There are others from Madrid we should be chasing if the Shitcoat/Rodgers links are proper.

They weren't from him apparently, someone fabricated them. Think it was one of them fake twitter thingies.

However good Allen may turn out to be, I really don't think it was wise to spend so much on him before we addressed the most pressing problem in the squad - signing a goal scoring wide player with pace. I don't soley blame Rodgers for this, by the way; the fact this simple thing has eluded five previous managers, all of differing backgrounds, suggests that either the manager is contractually not allowed to buy a proper winger, or there is something very wrong with the water at Anfield.

He wasn't ready, and demanded first team football... so he went on loan and didn't want to come back.

Now Swansea are thinking of taking a punt on him.

Fair enough, but you do wonder how much worse we would have been using him & Bellamy on the left last season & saving £20m on Downing.

not a reliable source, to say the least, but it is nice to dream

West Ham to Launch £6m Bid for Liverpool Midfielder Joe Cole | CaughtOffside

West Ham to Launch £6m Bid for Liverpool Midfielder Joe Cole

by Christian Bailey August 11th, 2012

boss Sam Allardyce is reportedly set to make an offer in the region of £6m for Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole. The Upton Park boss will look to tempt the former England international regular into making an emotional return to the East London club he represented from the age of 13 until he left for Chelsea nine years later.

Though Brendan Rodgers has stated that the attacking midfielder is a part of his first team plans Cole will have noted the departures of Dirk Kuyt, Maxi Rodriguez and Craig Bellamy as the new Liverpool boss looks to plan for the long term.

The 30 year old midfielder spent last term on loan at Lille where he secured regular first team football and helped Rudi Garcia’s side to a third place finish, netting nine goals and making 42 appearances in all competitions. A move to Ligue 1 helped to get Cole’s career back on track after a difficult first season at Liverpool.

oe Cole was sent off in his first Premier League match for the Merseyside club and things seemed to go downhill from there. Roy Hodgson was sacked and Kenny Dalglish declined to use the Londoner as a starter and then left for Lille last season on a temporary basis.

Sam Allardyce has made a number of purchases during the summer transfer window as he looks to improve his Hammers side ahead of their return to the top tier. The West Ham manager followed up the captures of Jussi Jaaskelainen, James Collins, George McCartney, Mohamed Diame and Modibo Maiga with the surprise signing of Marseille midfielder Alou Diarra earlier in the week.

Liverpool boss Rodgers may well consider accepting such an offer for Joe Cole as he looks to pursue further signings. The club’s American owners may be reticent to fork out for further significant signings having already forked out £25m to bring in Fabio Borini and Joe Allen and therefore the injection of further funds from the sale of a player who may well only play a peripheral role could well be accepted.