You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

I hope there's something in these queresma rumours. Only to see the fools pretending he's the missing link.

Stage 1. Player A is widely viewed as average and shit

Stage 2. Player A is linked with Liverpool but the rumours aren't believed, player still mocked

Stage 3. Rumours turn out to be more than that and player A is starting to be talked about in much more glowing terms.

Stage 4. Player signs, he's the missing link, always rated him, very under rated player etc etc

Stage 5. Player starts to play for the club just so happens to be a bit shit.

Stage 6. See stage one.

Quaresma would be more like

Skip Stage 3/4 and Skip right to 5.

So £20M for Carroll and £30M for Agger? Gives us money enough for a decent striker. Unfortunately, the minute other clubs figure out that we might have £40-50M to spend,

the original price tag for any of our targets goes up.

I just don't get how Joe Allen is a £15M player.

Plenty, thanks.

That's strange, because going by the tone of your previous post one could assume you were unhappy with the potential signing. This obviously can't be the case if you seen plenty of him because he's been very impressive the last two years.

Considering the state of our midfield at times last season I can't see how anybody can be anything but pleased with this signing. He'll improve us quite significantly.

That's strange, because going by the tone of your previous post one could assume you were unhappy with the potential signing. This obviously can't be the case if you seen plenty of him because he's been very impressive the last two years.

Considering the state of our midfield at times last season I can't see how anybody can be anything but pleased with this signing. He'll improve us quite significantly.

At no point have I said that I was unhappy with the potential signing.

I just don't think he's worth £15m. He'll will cost £15m because he's British, and its us doing the buying.

I think he's quite a good player, and will improve the squad. I'm not entirely convinced that spending £15m, of what will be a fairly limited budget, on a central midfielder is a great idea. Especially one that is neither proven as either a holding midfielder, or a goal scorer. He's, in my opinion, a much better version of Henderson. Henderson with bollocks. A link player, hopefully between Lucas and Gerrard. Ideally we'd get rid of Adam, Spearing, and Henderson.

As long as we sign two or three wide players/forwards, then I don't mind the signing. But I don't think we'll sell enough players to fund all the signings we need. I worry that we're going to get through yet another transfer window having failed to address the most pressing issues of our squad. Namely, we're slow as fuck and we don't score any goals.

He is worse than Adam at defending/tackling.

Not bad going forward,just one hell of a risk on any defensive side.

Also dosent he get loads of yellow cards to or I mistaken him for someone else?

At no point have I said that I was unhappy with the potential signing.

I just don't think he's worth £15m. He'll will cost £15m because he's British, and its us doing the buying.

I think he's quite a good player, and will improve the squad. I'm not entirely convinced that spending £15m, of what will be a fairly limited budget, on a central midfielder is a great idea. Especially one that is neither proven as either a holding midfielder, or a goal scorer. He's, in my opinion, a much better version of Henderson. Henderson with bollocks. A link player, hopefully between Lucas and Gerrard. Ideally we'd get rid of Adam, Spearing, and Henderson.

As long as we sign two or three wide players/forwards, then I don't mind the signing. But I don't think we'll sell enough players to fund all the signings we need. I worry that we're going to get through yet another transfer window having failed to address the most pressing issues of our squad. Namely, we're slow as fuck and we don't score any goals.

This!

Except I wouldn't say he's much better than Henderson. That's more to do with how I rated Henderson, rather than a slight on Allen.

This!

Except I wouldn't say he's much better than Henderson. That's more to do with how I rated Henderson, rather than a slight on Allen.

I have just been on a Sunderland forum and There s a thread about Allan on it.

The replies on him seem to be all agreeing Henderson is better than him.

Infact alot of the people on that forum want him back.

I have just been on a Sunderland forum and There s a thread about Allan on it.

The replies on him seem to be all agreeing Henderson is better than him.

Infact alot of the people on that forum want him back.

No surprise. Henderson is the best player to come through their ranks in god knows how long. They weren't happy to lose him at all last summer, even at the highest fee being reported.

They're very similar. The one thing Allen has over him right now is confidence but wait until he's playing at Anfield every fortnight, with every sidewards pass being met with groans. let's see how long his confidence lasts then.

We're still to address the scoring issue

Borini is one step to doing that.

Also playing Gerrard higher up the pitch will help.

But yes we need some more attacking additions.