You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

When you look at players playing outside of the CL this season, you could make a case for them being a potential target for a club like us:

Andre Schurrle

Lars Bender

Stefan Kiessling

Vedad Ibisevic

Diego

For example in germany.

Why would they go to another club without CL though? Kießling or Ibisevic might, I doubt any of the others would.

The Mancs signed Michael Carrick and Anderson for 17-18m pounds each. In that context, paying 15m for Joe Allen doesn't seem quite so absurd.

Anderson was £25m at 19 and was complete and utter shite.

Manchester United's Anderson ready to justify £25million price tag his club paid for him - Mirror Online

Number of eyebrows raised in the press = 0.

If we could manage to loan Sahin and sign Allen i reckon we'd be in a much better position come next summer in regards to transfers. Unless injuries fuck us. A central midfield of Lucas, Allen and Sahin looks extremely solid and well balanced in theory.

I dont know what you mean.

If we loan Sahin, how will we be in a better position next year?

He will leave after 12 months. And will cost us around 20million to sign, which will never happen, because we are spending fuck all.

The Mancs signed Michael Carrick and Anderson for 17-18m pounds each.

Anderson was £25m at 19 and was complete and utter shite.

Manchester United's Anderson ready to justify £25million price tag his club paid for him - Mirror Online

Number of eyebrows raised in the press = 0.

they get away with it due to their success, if Carroll and Downing had performed how they had with their past clubs last season I reckon we'd have made the top 4, this wouldn't have made them 35 and 20million pounds worth of player respectively but because they had played a decent part in us achieving our target no-one would've been bothered about the fees

He's not the most gracious of losers.

Indeed, it's just sour grapes from a 'spoilt bastard' of a man. Toys being thrown out of the pram because something hasn't gone his way for once. Fucking pathetic, but par for the course. You can be a bad loser without openly sulking and snarling like a 6 year old. Knight of the Realm, what a joke!

Ferguson has ridiculed psg saying its ridiculous paying that amount for a teenager ( lucas ) didnt they pay 30 million for a teenage Rooney seven fucking years ago, he's a thick fucking hypocrite.

I thought they'd bid about £25m anyway. Does the extra £5m suddenly make it ridiculous?

EDIT: Just seen it was allegedly 45m. Is that Euros?

Eitehr way, it's a lot of fucking money for some kid who's done nothing so far. Yeah, Rooney was £30m, but he'd already played in the Premiership and excelled. And is the only deal of it's type in this country.

Arab money making football a complete joke.

I think we'd all chat such shit if we knew it'd be lapped up without question

its the media and mongs of this country's fault for putting him in this position to say what he wants

IS about right. You either fawn all over him or get booted out of his press conferences. Bitter, bitter man.

I dont know what you mean.

If we loan Sahin, how will we be in a better position next year?

He will leave after 12 months. And will cost us around 20million to sign, which will never happen, because we are spending fuck all.

Well if he gets us in the champions league, logic suggest we could afford to spend £20m on one player rather than needing to spend £30m on 3 or 4 players.

they get away with it due to their success, if Carroll and Downing had performed how they had with their past clubs last season I reckon we'd have made the top 4, this wouldn't have made them 35 and 20million pounds worth of player respectively but because they had played a decent part in us achieving our target no-one would've been bothered about the fees

Not sure what your point is to be honest. Caroll and Downing's previous clubs where Newcastle and Villa, both of whom finished mid table, the problem is that they did perform how they had at their previous clubs, we wanted more and for £55m should have been expecting more.

Not sure what your point is to be honest. Caroll and Downing's previous clubs where Newcastle and Villa, both of whom finished mid table, the problem is that they did perform how they had at their previous clubs, we wanted more and for £55m should have been expecting more.

did you see them play for Newcastle and Villa? Carroll was an absolute beast and 10x the player he showed for us last season and whilst Downing will never be anything special he would often look dangerous put crosses into the box and get a reasonable amount of goals, they were both absolutely shite compared to their previous club form, are you saying just because their clubs came midtable they were playing as they did last season? (which was more like relegation players)

we'd have at least challenged for 4th had they played like they did the season before imo

No surprise. Henderson is the best player to come through their ranks in god knows how long. They weren't happy to lose him at all last summer, even at the highest fee being reported.

They're very similar. The one thing Allen has over him right now is confidence but wait until he's playing at Anfield every fortnight, with every sidewards pass being met with groans. let's see how long his confidence lasts then.

Fucking hell. You're moaning about not giving players a chance yet you're on the managers back before the season has even started.

Well done.

Ferguson has ridiculed psg saying its ridiculous paying that amount for a teenager ( lucas ) didnt they pay 30 million for a teenage Rooney seven fucking years ago, he's a thick fucking hypocrite.

Also, in the past few weeks, he's openly courted two players who aren't theirs in the media. The Van Persie situation in particular, is being fucking snide beyond belief, saying publicly that Arsenal are giving them 'nothing' and putting pressure on. It's their fucking right, you oul tramp, they can fax you a pic of Wengers bell-end if they want; Van Persie's still under contract.

Funny the way the media rallied round poor Slur when mean old Madrid were talking about Ronaldo in the press, talking about the 'dignity' of the way United do things in the transfer window, unlike those bullies.

Fucking hypocritical oul cunt.

did you see them play for Newcastle and Villa? Carroll was an absolute beast and 10x the player he showed for us last season and whilst Downing will never be anything special he would often look dangerous put crosses into the box and get a reasonable amount of goals, they were both absolutely shite compared to their previous club form, are you saying just because their clubs came midtable they were playing as they did last season? (which was more like relegation players)

we'd have at least challenged for 4th had they played like they did the season before imo

Yes I did, for the whole 6 months he was playing! And that is what it comes down to, we bought a 22 year old for £35m on the basis of 6 months! Downing was always going to be 7 out of 10 at best, he always has been, he was a slight up grade on Riera and, had Suarez, Gerrard and Caroll been any good he would have been much better. But he wasn't, he was poor.

Oh okay, I didn't know thats what you meant. Sorry.

I didn't say anything mate so no need to apologise at all, but that is how I view them. If the squad improves to champions league we should be able to afford one player who can make a substantial difference.

United sent a "delegation" out to Brazil with the sole purpose of bringing back Lucas Moura, they failed miserably I'm glad to say and now arl shitty drawers is doing everything he can to make out Moura isn't worth what PSG will pay. That like his soiled underwear won't wash and as soon as Moura gets the ball in PSG's first match everyone will see why.

Of all the Brazilians in the world including Neymar, the most impressive to me is Lucas Moura.

What a wankfest of a summer.

Thank god for the olympics cos it seems its the paralympics come early at Anfield.

Sign Adams mark 2 for double the money. Sell Agger to our rival for a pittance cos 'everyone has their price' and maybe a loan of their can't-be-arsed-and-when-he-can-he's-injured-'im-alright-jacc-cos-I'm-too-good-to-track-back winger Johnson. Naming rights to Anfield up for grabs.

Sacking Kenny. Signing a manager who actually has a worse track record than Roberto Martinez. 100 times more PR than signings.

That stupid red eagle pedo-shark thing+Brendan loans. Loan sharks. FSG. You do the math.

John Henry's Lappacinno boys out in force.

Bellamy jogging on.

The fact that Williams has even been mentioned as a replacement for Agger.

Andy Carroll handle with care. Or dont just do it in public, spit in Andy's face and then walk upto his mother and piss on her. It's fine, I'm sure a club will come in for him and a deal can be done. Cant it?

Sigurdsson