You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Dempsey in makes sense.

With Allen in, we need to see a few midfielders out. I still think JC has had a raw deal here and could be invaluable , but if West Ham can take the wages it would be a deal which would suit all.

Adam Johnson would compliment our squad, but would probably involve an Agger deal, the value of which will only be judged by Agger's subsequent fitness.

As much as I'd love another 3 signings, realistically I'd be happy with just one more attacker. Is prefer it was Afellay or Dempsey, when looking at the list of usual suspects. However,mcasting our net wider, I'd love to get Mertens or Remy. Both can score and create across any of a front three. Or perhaps a ballsy move for Cristian Etikson after a quiet Euro 2012 for him.

Raw deal? Come on, Xerxes! Is that serious? A raw deal? He's paid astronomical figures for doing fuck all.

I think he arrived when the club was its lowest ebb, was unlucky with the sending off and injury, and never really recovered.

His is a proven PL performer. I accept that he hasn't done it for us yet. I think that he still could ( I could be wrong).

I think that his experience and ability are more than enough to play in a side challenging for a top four slot.

His wages are no more astronomical than a raft of others.His ability fits the Rodger profile perfectly, his wages and age may not suit FSG.

Rodwell to Shitty. Strange one that.

No doubt the bitters will get way over the odds again for over-rated shite.

anything over 5million for him and they''re laughing, he hasn't done anything or even looked like doing anything since the season he first broke through

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think he arrived when the club was its lowest ebb, was unlucky with the sending off and injury, and never really recovered.

His is a proven PL performer. I accept that he hasn't done it for us yet. I think that he still could ( I could be wrong).

I think that his experience and ability are more than enough to play in a side challenging for a top four slot.

His wages are no more astronomical than a raft of others.His ability fits the Rodger profile perfectly, his wages and age may not suit FSG.

I couldn't disagree more. He's shite and had been for the majority or his career.

Is that the fee?

Everything I have read is undisclosed.Not surprised they don't want to tell there fans if that's the fee.

Still a gamble for a player with his fitness record.

I take it that means DeJong is gone this season or will be on a free next.

Are you talking about Cole? Joe Cole? The one rumoured to have the third-highest wages on our squad (maybe; I'm guessing here that Suarez' new contract means he earns more than Cole)? I wouldn't count two as a "raft of others," especially when the other two in Gerrard and Suarez are amazing players and key parts of the squad.

Cole is another example of our utter ineptness in the transfer market the past 2-3 years. If we can get him off the wage bill for free, we should snap someone's arm off. Even if it means going into the season with Sterling as our 5th forward, though I'm sure we'll be bringing in at least one and probably two more forwards, so I doubt that would happen.

Is that the fee?

Everything I have read is undisclosed.Not surprised they don't want to tell there fans if that's the fee.

Still a gamble for a player with his fitness record.

I take it that means DeJong is gone this season or will be on a free next.

BBC Sport‏@BBCSport Everton agree fee with Manchester City for Jack Rodwell - he will undergo a medical on Sunday ahead of proposed £15m move #bbcfootball

Wow. I know we complain about Newcastle getting 35 million out of Comolli for Carroll, but how are City fans going to feel in a few years when they look back and realise they gave Everton 40 million for Lescott and Rodwell?

I know, they probably won't care as they'll have another league title or two, but those are two atrocious deals.

BBC Sport‏@BBCSport Everton agree fee with Manchester City for Jack Rodwell - he will undergo a medical on Sunday ahead of proposed £15m move #bbcfootball

Immense waste of money by City. Is it true that Ross Barkley is on nearly a million a game and that's why they never play him? I've heard that one a few times now.

Wow. I know we complain about Newcastle getting 35 million out of Comolli for Carroll, but how are City fans going to feel in a few years when they look back and realise they gave Everton 40 million for Lescott and Rodwell?

I know, they probably won't care as they'll have another league title or two, but those are two atrocious deals.

As you said if you keep winning the Prem you wouldn't give a shite.