You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

Went on a date last night after chatting with a girl on tinder. We got on via text really well, similar sense of humour. It was easily the best first date I've ever had.

We went to an "escape room", the kind of mystery puzzles where you get locked in a room and have to use the clues in the room to escape. (there's definitely a joke or 9 in that alone). It was just the two of us and it was brilliant craic! After, we went to a pub with a games night, so they had a DJ and you had to go up on 'stage' and play the price is right, or operation or darts etc, against the DJ to win drink vouchers. I was driving and only had one drink, but again, it was so much fun, and about 90% of the time we were just ignoring the loud antics happening and engaged in a deep and fun conversation. We then walked down to a local pizza place and got some food.

The escape room was her idea so I really feel like I need to come up with something fun for the second date as it was too good! But i don't feel bad pressure, I want to come up with something ace.

I almost forgot dating can be this much fun. Had so many shitfests I had almost given up hope to be honest.

• Upvote 4

To be honest there are lots of fun things to do around Belfast, and further afield, that I haven't done, as I've been single so long. And trying to get mates to do anything apart from drink is near impossible. So I'm actually enjoying making a big deal of dates and going to do things I've wanted to do for ages. I've never been to the giants causeway, the dark hedges, the planetarium etc. There are countless restaurants I'd like to try but am not going to go alone, and my mates probably wouldn't go.

This is easily as much me as her. Oh and she's not high maintenance (at least nothing to suggest that yet). She insists on going dutch with bills, for example.

I wish I could say this was my idea but a mate did it and told us...

After a few dates he sent the girl he was seeing a bank card with a letter saying he wanted to recreate the pretty woman scene.

Told her to go and buy a nice outfit and sexy underwear etc.

Then come to his the next night.

The next night he was on the piss in a different country the mad bastard. Still makes me laugh.

I wish I could say this was my idea but a mate did it and told us...

After a few dates he sent the girl he was seeing a bank card with a letter saying he wanted to recreate the pretty woman scene.

Told her to go and buy a nice outfit and sexy underwear etc.

Then come to his the next night.

The next night he was on the piss in a different country the mad bastard. Still makes me laugh.

At least she got a new dress for free.

• 3 months later...