You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

I would be tempted to do the date but be very straightforward and lay the details out as eloquently as you have on here & see where the conversation and date goes. In my ( limited ) experience it will in time be easier to accept whatever outcome happens, as opposed to spending a long period backheeling yourself in the bollocks for not asking plainly what was going on.

• Upvote 1

I should say in my defense that in the circumstances I describe it was me shagging my ex not me being the poor bastard getting fucked about. Sorry.

I will say that you younger lads beginning relationships on tinder and conversations on whats app have it tough. Fuck that.

At least after a skin full of beer  in the Merton and a shag you could just legit in the morning.

I've been on both sides of this fence. The grass is greener on neither.

I would be tempted to do the date but be very straightforward and lay the details out as eloquently as you have on here & see where the conversation and date goes. In my ( limited ) experience it will in time be easier to accept whatever outcome happens, as opposed to spending a long period backheeling yourself in the bollocks for not asking plainly what was going on.

Not disagreeing with what you say but also never be surprised how hard some people will lie to save face only to fuck you later. I'm not sexist but women particulary good looking ones can tell us pretty much anything and we go along with it. Keep your guard up.

• Upvote 2

Yep. In fact, just send her the link to this thread.

• Upvote 3

Not disagreeing with what you say but also never be surprised how hard some people will lie to save face only to fuck you later. I'm not sexist but women particulary good looking ones can tell us pretty much anything and we go along with it. Keep your guard up.

Agree with that AR but was more alluding to the fact that it is often more depressing to yourself in the long run when you have skirted around issues rather than confronting them head on. can't control the response of course.

• Upvote 1

Well written post that Faustus. A scenario I've found myself in a few times.

There ALWAYS seems to be some fella, be it an ex, or a "friend", who lingers in the background of supposedly single girl, in my experience anyway. I don't think that's always down to the bloke either, girls need attention and encourage that shit no doubt.

I agree with what someone else said, cards on the table respectfully tell her how it is and that if there's any lingering people in the background she's still unsure about and still speaking with, if it's gonna carry on this way, then nothing can happen with you and you will cut ties. That gives her an ultimatum.

Sadly in these scenario's the girl tends to stick with what they know and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Not always mind. One way or other though you'll know and can at least have your sanity.

This is coming from a single bloke though. Maybe you're actually meant to persevere and accept this bullshit? I've seen blokes persevere with big egoed girls who treated them like this in the beginning and then through time got serious with said bloke and then they become a solid couple and so on. Not sure I have it in me to accept that shit.

Nope. Do not want.

Yeah.

I'd be engaged with kids a few times over had I accepted bullshit from girls and not fucked them off. There's a few who have gone on to do this with the lad they got with after me. Makes me wonder how they persevered with the bullshit. I can only surmise they liked the girl too much not to accept the shit? Let's be honest they're all mental and unreasonable to some degree, maybe the trick is hanging in there and let that shit play out?

Yeah.

I'd be engaged with kids a few times over had I accepted bullshit from girls and not fucked them off. There's a few who have gone on to do this with the lad they got with after me. Makes me wonder how they persevered with the bullshit. I can only surmise they liked the girl too much not to accept the shit? Let's be honest they're all mental and unreasonable to some degree, maybe the trick is hanging in there and let that shit play out?

All birds are nuts but that generally comes once they are comfortable in tbe relationship. If they act like that frim the off you are well rid.

• Upvote 2