You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

Hahaha... I got a response from a woman when she listed Gordon Ramsey cooking shows on her things she likes--- I said I can tell what religion he is by the football team he had a trial with. Hint- he doesn't have to confess those nasty words he uses every week.

I am fucking suave, I tell you.

To be honest, trying to break the digital ice with who would win in a fight between bear and monkey with knife was not really going well. One replied monkey. I asked why. She said because a monkey is faster. Never got to the bean question...

• Upvote 1

From Steps?

Smash him, lad.

My daughter has been playing with my phone, I'm assuming she did that.

However, weirdly, a lad who used to come on our coach to Anfield was a huge Steps fan. He used to like Morrisey and The Smiths but the he moved onto Steps, as far as having a Stomp tattoo.

He'd go all over the UK watching them on tour. He was boasted to me that at some gig some old dear told him 'I don't even think the band know the dance moves as well as you'.

On the way to Dortmund in 2001, he delayed the coach leaving somewhere in Belgium so he could wait for the local record shop open so he could get a special edition Belgium version of whatever their latest album was.

Anyway, when Steps split up, he somehow got a job working for H & Claire.

All very bizarre. But he wasn't gay. Or so he reckons. I did see him holding hands in Nando's with some bloke once though, so maybe he finally came out.

• Upvote 1

I've decided to jib correspondence with that Manc bird.

Didn't even end up going for that drink in the end. She was at a leaving do for her mate the previous night (which I was aware of), who is off to chase Putin's roubles as an English teacher in Moscow. Anyway, the Saturday morning I get a WhatsApp off her saying how she feels like she was spiked because she feels terrible and has already thrown up four times and is unsure whether she'll be able to make it out for drinks. I messaged back saying let me know before 2 (as we'd arranged to meet at Piccadilly for 4). Half 1 and I get a message off her saying she'll have to bail as she's still throwing up. She's coming across as really apologetic, but I'm just fed up at this stage, especially as I've already booked my ticket. I just responded with a curt message of my own: 'If you want to meet up in future, I'll leave it all up to you sort out.'

The rest of the evening, I get all these cry arse messages off her- 'I've only just managed to keep fluids down', 'I've finally managed to eat something'. Fucking tiresome stuff.

I'm just done with the head fuckery of it all. I know full well she won't be in touch to sort out another drink because she's somebody who doesn't know what she wants. It just feels like this whole thing has been made more complicated than it needs to be because of that precise reason. As another poster on here said, if you're taken with someone and you've had some cracking dates, the last thing you should be feeling is the need to second guess everything.

I'm gutted that that shower won the cup today because even though she comes from a family of City fans (she's not particularly arsed about football), I thought I was entitled to a bit of Manc karma. Ah well, hopefully they both finish outside of the top four to square things up.

Do you think she was genuinely sick/ spiked? 

I don't mean anything by that by the way, but I assume you'll have a hunch one way or the other. 

Not sure what to tell you mate. It's shit when you get to a stage where you think enough is enough and it's time the other person made more of an effort or be clear about what they want, but then they don't, and you know if you keep chasing you're conceding control / power which can be an awfully insecure place to be. So you do nothing and they do nothing, and it kind of ends really. And its shit.

Whoops I've drifted into my own experiences again, sorry. You probably don't feel this way.

Its a fucking quagmire out there of people who have either no idea what they want, are still hung up on someone else or are just killing time waitug fir something better to come along.

Been single now for 18 months.

Caroline- one meet date, was more interested in getting a job lead off me and profile picture was five years old and maybe 3 stone ago as well

Forget name- bad mouthed ex, low low self-esteem, asked if I akways drank beer in the afternoon (it was fucking 4pm Sunday)

Chinese bird- had husband back in China...

Took a break whilst starting new job and moving house...

Bev- three dates, and then mentioned some bkoe hit in touch with her from her old uni days and is coming to visit...then she ghosted me.To be honest was gutted more about the fact she had a boat.

Girl from Portage la Prairie- wasnt working out for me, did it by text but because its a fucking hour drive out there and really only two dates.

Steph- was going well first date until I asked why her twins- 15 yr olds..were separated, one with her ex....the rant was vitriol laced about the ex. She drank a flight of wine in about two minutes....

Ashlyn- another misues of profile pic, took me to a candlelight vigil, was so left wing would make Hades blush, used the word Nazi about five times describing pretty moderate politicians and proudly talked about two public buildings she had been banned from.

Kim- after three dates I had to rearrange a lunch date due to my work and she then texted me saying it wouldnt work out due to my schedule...even though she, offf work for a shoulder issue, had rearranged twice our second date, been late to both, and turned down a sunday dinner because she was tired.

Lolita- was supposed to meet tmrw, but now she as the flu...

Still gutted about the girl with the boat...

• Upvote 4

Not sure what to tell you mate. It's shit when you get to a stage where you think enough is enough and it's time the other person made more of an effort or be clear about what they want, but then they don't, and you know if you keep chasing you're conceding control / power which can be an awfully insecure place to be. So you do nothing and they do nothing, and it kind of ends really. And its shit.

The best dating advice I ever got was never to chase or make the person a big priority in your life. If you chase you look needy and make it seem like you plan your life around a person that you don't even really know all that well yet.

You have to live your regular life and never shirk on commitments that you already have in favour of hanging out with the other person. I've found that if you do this and the other person even has the slightest amount of interest in you, they will try to make it work and to find time for you. If they aren't making an effort or are unclear on what they want, they aren't interested and you move on.

• Upvote 1

Didn't even end up going for that drink in the end. She was at a leaving do for her mate the previous night (which I was aware of), who is off to chase Putin's roubles as an English teacher in Moscow. Anyway, the Saturday morning I get a WhatsApp off her saying how she feels like she was spiked because she feels terrible and has already thrown up four times and is unsure whether she'll be able to make it out for drinks. I messaged back saying let me know before 2 (as we'd arranged to meet at Piccadilly for 4). Half 1 and I get a message off her saying she'll have to bail as she's still throwing up. She's coming across as really apologetic, but I'm just fed up at this stage, especially as I've already booked my ticket. I just responded with a curt message of my own: 'If you want to meet up in future, I'll leave it all up to you sort out.'

The rest of the evening, I get all these cry arse messages off her- 'I've only just managed to keep fluids down', 'I've finally managed to eat something'. Fucking tiresome stuff.

I'm just done with the head fuckery of it all. I know full well she won't be in touch to sort out another drink because she's somebody who doesn't know what she wants. It just feels like this whole thing has been made more complicated than it needs to be because of that precise reason. As another poster on here said, if you're taken with someone and you've had some cracking dates, the last thing you should be feeling is the need to second guess everything.

I'm gutted that that shower won the cup today because even though she comes from a family of City fans (she's not particularly arsed about football), I thought I was entitled to a bit of Manc karma. Ah well, hopefully they both finish outside of the top four to square things up.

Although there's a chance she was spiked it's much more likely she just got smashed and for whatever reason doesn't want to admit it. Sounds hard work.

I bet that Manc lass wasn't spiked. I bet she went out, got shit faced, took some randomer back to hers, let him smash her all over and she woke up the next day feeling cheap.

It was probably his cock she was still gagging on.

Edit - See PD beat me to it.

• Upvote 2

Its a fucking quagmire out there of people who have either no idea what they want, are still hung up on someone else or are just killing time waitug fir something better to come along.

Been single now for 18 months.

Caroline- one meet date, was more interested in getting a job lead off me and profile picture was five years old and maybe 3 stone ago as well

Forget name- bad mouthed ex, low low self-esteem, asked if I akways drank beer in the afternoon (it was fucking 4pm Sunday)

Chinese bird- had husband back in China...

Took a break whilst starting new job and moving house...

Bev- three dates, and then mentioned some bkoe hit in touch with her from her old uni days and is coming to visit...then she ghosted me.To be honest was gutted more about the fact she had a boat.

Girl from Portage la Prairie- wasnt working out for me, did it by text but because its a fucking hour drive out there and really only two dates.

Steph- was going well first date until I asked why her twins- 15 yr olds..were separated, one with her ex....the rant was vitriol laced about the ex. She drank a flight of wine in about two minutes....

Ashlyn- another misues of profile pic, took me to a candlelight vigil, was so left wing would make Hades blush, used the word Nazi about five times describing pretty moderate politicians and proudly talked about two public buildings she had been banned from.

Kim- after three dates I had to rearrange a lunch date due to my work and she then texted me saying it wouldnt work out due to my schedule...even though she, offf work for a shoulder issue, had rearranged twice our second date, been late to both, and turned down a sunday dinner because she was tired.

Lolita- was supposed to meet tmrw, but now she as the flu...

Still gutted about the girl with the boat...

Mate, do you not get to a stage/age where you decide it's just not worth the hassle anymore & jib it all in? Seems like dating in your forties/fifties is a nightmare, don't think Ill be putting myself through it if I do end up single at that age.

Paulie, mate, that's exactly it- it's of course plausible that she was spiked, but it's kind of like 'boy who cried wolf' syndrome. There's been too much fucking about in the past, too many needless head games for me to not be a little sceptical.

If she was truly apologetic, she'd have been in touch to sort out another date asap instead of informing me that she's finally managed to drink a pint of water.

Didn't even end up going for that drink in the end. She was at a leaving do for her mate the previous night (which I was aware of), who is off to chase Putin's roubles as an English teacher in Moscow. Anyway, the Saturday morning I get a WhatsApp off her saying how she feels like she was spiked because she feels terrible and has already thrown up four times and is unsure whether she'll be able to make it out for drinks. I messaged back saying let me know before 2 (as we'd arranged to meet at Piccadilly for 4). Half 1 and I get a message off her saying she'll have to bail as she's still throwing up. She's coming across as really apologetic, but I'm just fed up at this stage, especially as I've already booked my ticket. I just responded with a curt message of my own: 'If you want to meet up in future, I'll leave it all up to you sort out.'

The rest of the evening, I get all these cry arse messages off her- 'I've only just managed to keep fluids down', 'I've finally managed to eat something'. Fucking tiresome stuff.

If you think you're going to get to go out with any bird of a dating app without issues, you're in for a long haul.

Keep her on the back burner for a shag, but don't limit your options.

The whole thing is a learning experience.  It took 39 dates before I met my significant moaner.

• Upvote 2

Paulie, mate, that's exactly it- it's of course plausible that she was spiked, but it's kind of like 'boy who cried wolf' syndrome. There's been too much fucking about in the past, too many needless head games for me to not be a little sceptical.

If she was truly apologetic, she'd have been in touch to sort out another date asap instead of informing me that she's finally managed to drink a pint of water.

Yeah you can get the "aura" of hard work a mile off when you first start dating someone.  I did the online dating scene for about a year before I med Lady D about 6 years ago.  A couple of times my "crank sense" started tingling on the initial messaging or texting and just cut the contact.

If you have that feeling in your gut you're probably right mate.  As you say mate a "sorry how about next week?" rather than "oohh I'm so sick I can just handle a glass of water" speaks volumes

• Upvote 1