You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hold off.... the S3 and One X will most likely get refreshes (newer variants) in the next 6 months), I'd opt for either of those variants.

I use One X and I'm disappointed - great phone, but like the iPhone 5, it's not a major step up from predecessors really (technically it is, but in real world use, it's not).... slightly regretting not moving to S3, but I'd not switch now (next time around I move over to Samsung).

Everything Everywhere are advertising the upgraded versions for their 4G/LTE service launch.

Apple are one of the biggest rip off merchants around. They know they've got a cult following and have exploited it for years. They've done some great work in the world of computing & technology but since the launch of the Ipad they have very much been in a neutral gear while others have moved forwards.

Its not necessarily Apple's fault but the Iphone is ridiculously over priced and the tariffs that accompany it.

Owning an Apple product has become more of a fashion statement than a tool of use.

The thing with Apple is that they have winning formulas in the iPhone and iPad, which for now they probably see no sense in changing.

They're both market leading products and so incremental improvents are all it needs whilst the rest catch up.

It's only very recently that Google have got their interface sorted with Project Butter but even still lag behind in apps, which is a major aspect.

That said, I'm disappointed with the iPhone 5 and they should have changed the style so that it simply doesn't resemble an elongated 4/4S.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They've done some great work in the world of computing & technology but since the launch of the Ipad they have very much been in a neutral gear while others have moved forwards.

Yeah, I feel like that. They were much stronger when nobody knew who the fuck Apple were. They still make their machines with good manufacturing standards, but the innovation seems to be drying up a bit.

They were never scared to be first to the market and be a little bit wonky in the first edition or two. They are now.

Settings/general/about scroll down and you can turn off ad tracking

Do not disturb (available in ios6) means only my kids or anyone in my favourites can phone me between 11pm and 7am

You can now select any song from your music library as the alarm.

If someone calls me I can decline, or send a message. Even ask to be reminded when I reach or leave a set location.

my bird has been moaning about needing a new phone for ages now because her iphone 3g is about 5 years old and had its day. I've got a Samsung Nexus s and was due an upgrade, I was happy with my phone so I renewed my contract on a new tariff and got a iphone 4GS delivered today which my missus can have.

I knew the iphone 5 was due out any time but didn't know that was today. So I cant get through on the phone because they are jam packed.

Because we are both on O2, do I simply continue to use my old sim in my old phone and disregard this new one they have sent me?

Likewise, does my bird simply put her old sim into the new phone?

Likewise, does my bird simply put her old sim into the new phone?

The sim for an iPhone 4s is a micro sim, the 3gs is a normal sized sim so she will need to get her current sim cut to fit, it's simple enough and any 02 shop will do it in seconds.

120915-mini-micro-nano-sim.jpg

Normal sim, Micro sim, nano sim

Do not disturb (available in ios6) means only my kids or anyone in my favourites can phone me between 11pm and 7am

If someone calls me I can decline, or send a message. Even ask to be reminded when I reach or leave a set location.

Can you alter the snooze from 9 minutes yet?

Upgraded from a 3GS to a 5 this morning.

It's all right. Screen is good, loads faster etc.

All the upgrades seem to be hardware related, not found any nifty little apps or touches yet that weren't already in IOS5.

And posting to Twitter and Facebook direct from notification centre (also all facebook contacts and events synced to phone if you'd want that), Panoramic photos, LED flash when you receive a text/call... that's about all I can think of.

Oh, and a lovely blue tint at the top of the screen when you've got Apple apps open. That's worth the update alone!!

And posting to Twitter and Facebook direct from notification centre (also all facebook contacts and events synced to phone if you'd want that), Panoramic photos, LED flash when you receive a text/call... that's about all I can think of.

Oh, and a lovely blue tint at the top of the screen when you've got Apple apps open. That's worth the update alone!!

I've had that for a while. It's only really annoying when you're standing somewhere next to a good looking woman, looking at your phone and you get a text message and the led flashes. She thinks you're taking a photo of her and you end up with a restraining order, m'lud.

Played about with an iPhone 5 on Saturday. The build feels cheaper than previous iPhones. Not impressed with it to be honest. Apple are a joke with there small improvement rinsing people of money as much as they possibly can. Sad thing is ill probably go back to them because I've had so many hardware issues with android.

Played about with an iPhone 5 on Saturday. The build feels cheaper than previous iPhones. Not impressed with it to be honest. Apple are a joke with there small improvement rinsing people of money as much as they possibly can. Sad thing is ill probably go back to them because I've had so many hardware issues with android.

Hardware issues will be with the phone! not Android. What handset?

iPhone = BMW. Reliable, effective, polished, uninspiring.

Android = Alfa Romeo, powerful, temperamental, a more complex drive.

RIM = the edge of your anus, nuff said.

I prefer to think the iPhone as an automatic gearbox and Android phones as a gear stick gearbox.

Both do the job, one more complex than the other to use and as pointless arguing about as who farted in the sewer.