You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

andrejwout

Im not sure if im going senile but wasnt the tradition on saturdays to say "if you dont want to know the scores, look away now". ? They seem to have stopped doing that on the beeb and i find myslef in a fucking frenzy trrying to get the remote and change channel etc. Even worse they not only fail to warn you but also talk about the scores, so both eyes and ears have to be diverted quickly. Our scor aside, i dont like to know and just like to watch the games as they come. Im sure others dont care, but many of us do. I have complained to them twice now. If it bugs you, please follow suit and maybe they'll stop fucking our shit up.

Is it not a bit old fashioned in this digital/internet/ mass media age to still do the old look away routine?

Like ,really, does anyone still watch a highlights program, 5 hrs after the action and still not know the scores? Unless they have actively avoided all media output, then in which case it would be annoying.

"if you dont want to know the scores, look away now".

If you are a football fan, chances are you'll be watching MOTD a few minutes after the news bulletin. If you are not a football fan then you would not be interested in the results anyway, so why do they do it.

I don't get the 'look away now' as they then proceed to read out the results anyway.

thats the thing, they never used to read out the scores, now the fucking do. I mean piss on old fashioned types like me, just for the hell of it. Put the damn scores up and shut your fucking mouths...its not hard really. I went fucking apeshit last night, dropped the remote and had to resort to running ou the room singing lal lal la shit to myself. My old man looked at me like i was mad. I guess i might be, but the BBC arent helping. Retards.

What they should really say:

"If you DO want to know the scores, MOTD follows this programme. And if you support a minnow and/or had no plans for tonight, the Football League Show is on after that. Meanwhile, for all you gamblers and Irish folk, here's [insert presenter's name here] with today's racing results."

Guest SpiderLucas
I've lost interest completely in MOTD.

I started being petty a couple of seasons ago & not watching if we had lost, but I don't even bother whether or not now. It just seems so tired & predictable.

It really does need a revamp, I’d of said get a fresh young presenter but when Adrian left and they got a fresh young presenter we ended up with Colin fucking Murray.

I don’t know what they could do to freshen it up anymore but like you said it has gone so tired.

Why can't they just show an almost equal amount of each game played that day without the smarmy comments from jug ears and the inane ramblings of the pundits.

More football, less shit chatter. I know Chinny Hill used to ramble a bit but it seems the show these days is more about chat than football.

Nice to see MOTD2 has a special on the Mancs tonight. The wholy unbiased BBC do like the Mancs like no other, this adds to the buttering up of the piss stained cunt, after he decided to grant the BBC an audience.

Still, its no surprise the BBC suck up to these cunts, even when Greg Dyke was in charge, he also sat on the board of these cunts and commisioned two programmes telling us how great the Mancs are.

Every time these cunts are on at 5.30 Saturday evening, they still get first spot, even a fvckin boring 1-1 enables this.

Fuckin hate the sport department at the BBC, Mark Bright, Steve Claridge, Motson, Nose Job Linekar. All twats.

I didn't mind Steve Claridge as a player but my god what an utter gobshite he is on the football league show after MOTD.

I don't mind the banter between Lineker and Hansen. I like that it's just three former footballers. They put the matches on they talk for a bit and move on. No fit birds distracting you talking out of their arse, no fancy sky shit and generally no fucking mancs. The only thing they need to sort out is the order of the matches. If it's the evening or early kick off then put it down the order.

I must admit I've started watching MOTD again more since I cancelled Sky in the summer, and finding streams to be largely unreliable. It's not perfect by any means, but it'll do.

I remember watching some comedy sketch show (can't remember which one) about 15 or so years ago when I was a kid, and one of the sketches was "If you don't want to know the scores, look away now"...man looks away, then the newsreader reads them out anyway to his annoyance.

What was comedy then now seems to be the done thing. Luckily I'm not arsed about knowing the scores, I know them but I just watch anyway for the highlights, better than nowt.

I agree, if you don't want to know the scores then don't watch the fucking news!

Sorry lad, but that's russian roulette that.

No, what i hate about MOTD, aside from the snide cunts either side of Hansen, is the mini-highlights reel they play before they play the actual highlights.

Why.

Why show me a key point of the match now, before the highlights actually start?

I purposefully look away, or fast forward everything until the team sheets are on the screen. Cannot trust the BBC with something as simple as that, do they think it builds atmosphere or something? Adds suspense?

Fucking Beeb, run by poofs and women.

Why can't they just show an almost equal amount of each game played that day without the smarmy comments from jug ears and the inane ramblings of the pundits.

More football, less shit chatter. I know Chinny Hill used to ramble a bit but it seems the show these days is more about chat than football.

I recorded it saturday and watched it yesturday morning, I was fastforwarding through the analysis and interviews and even at x30 speed they seemed to take forever it must be about 70% talking and 30% football that show