You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Homeland

Gym Beglin

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Loved that opener. I wondered prior to it how exactly they was going to drag the mentally damaged Carrie back into the ultimate pursuit of the equally mentally damaged Brody and despite them wasting no time in doing so it didn't feel too convenient.

I proper enjoyed seeing the brilliant Danes again when it showed her struggerling to remember such undercover details that was second nature to her at the start of the series despite still suffering from her condition.

What I did also enjoy was Brody's continous internal fight between his captives and his country. He badly didn't wanna steal the information from the safe but the emotional strings attached to the death of Issa still win in his head.

The scene of the episode was Brody and Jessica in the garage, especially her reaction to his reaction when she lobbed the Quran on the floor. She seemed to realise how much emotion is still in her husband despite him showing fuck all of that in the several months since his return.

Boss starting point for the season and I can't wait for more!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I thought large parts of it were daft, but the ending was hugely encouraging.

Yep, most of it was predictable and annoying. The 'oh, lucky he was in the right place at the right time' stuff fucks me off.

You just know that Saul is in for it now. Before anybody finds out.

Yep, most of it was predictable and annoying. The 'oh, lucky he was in the right place at the right time' stuff fucks me off.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I think he's going to reach out to Carrie and they're going to conduct an off-book investigation into Brodie - presumably as he's more valuable in the field - which I only see ending the way you described.

I thought large parts of it were daft, but the ending was hugely encouraging.

What parts was they?

Lucky who was in the right place?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What parts was they?

Lucky who was in the right place?

Brody. Just so happened to be in with the joint chiefs.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It just made everything so obvious. I knew everything, including the phone under the table. It spoiled it for me. Still, the ending was good. Unfortunately it opens it up for more of the obvious.

Great concept but a ridiculous episode and a plot that's wearing thinner with each episode.

I can't do nsfw tags on this android tablet so I won't give away any of the plot.

I've said all along that I hate the Claire Danes character as she is just so ridiculous. She is supposed to be a CIA agent but is probably the most girly character you could imagine and must be on the rag permanently as she fills with tears at every opportunity.

She constantly puts dozens of peoples lives on the line and potential blows everybody's cover for no good reason and this week had no weapon in a situation and environment where she would have been killed in seconds.

I noticed its directed by or produced by a woman and this should mean a chance to make women strong characters and as hard nosed as the men but it just doesn't happen here.

Damon Lewis character is more left wing than my avatar was and is getting privileges that a person like him never would.

The show is entertaining and much better when it avoids action scenes unless absolutely necessary and looks like a second season was a step too far for me.

I thought Danes was terrific in that last episode. The scene when she was alone in her house has probably won her another Golden Globe.

Agreed. She really has the character nailed to a tee.

I also think she genuinely made herself sick after over dosing. Moment of the series so far was Saul showing her the movie and her slowly realising that she was right all along. You could feel the release. Genuinely excellent acting from Danes, who I would also happily bang until she actually did develop such a condition.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Kind of agree with Vlad, excellent acting but finding it hard to believe this mentally ill emotional wreck of a woman was a high level CIA operative.

Do you think that's because of the stereotype that exists, or because all CIA operatives are hardcore? They have all types working for intelligence agencies.

Seen David Shayler recently?

David+Shayler.jpg