You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool FC striker Nathan Eccleston under investigation by club after claiming 9/11

Skrtel Milk

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
so, all the people who are defending his right to publicly air his opinions... if a ManU player tweeted that Hillsborough was all a con, and it was the scousers that did it themselves, would you have the same opinion?

Of course. It's their right to say whatever crackers shit they like.

I mean, it's hardly the same thing, as the reverse actually happened. It was people speaking out against the version of events portrayed in the media and by some police - a conspiracy to conceal the truth, if you will - and suggesting it wasn't the fans but the police's fault that got 'the truth' out there.

It's a terrible comparison you've made. Why is Hillsborough dragged up every time somebody has a different opinion.

I don't buy into the argument that he's entitled to say what ever he wants on Twitter. As others have pointed out, when he, or any other player, posts on Twitter they are partly representing the club or at the very least they must be aware that there are plenty of papers only delighted to jump on something like this.

For everybody who says that he should be allowed to say whatever he think, that no body can stop him from expressing his opinion, then I'll put this one to you. What if a player from another club/anybody posted something negative about Hillsborough? We as Liverpool supporters would be rightly outraged about this.

Of course. It's their right to say whatever crackers shit they like.

I mean, it's hardly the same thing, as the reverse actually happened. It was people speaking out against the version of events portrayed in the media and by some police - a conspiracy to conceal the truth, if you will - and suggesting it wasn't the fans but the police's fault that got 'the truth' out there.

It's a terrible comparison you've made. Why is Hillsborough dragged up every time somebody has a different opinion.

Agreed. I smited him good and proper for that.

so, all the people who are defending his right to publicly air his opinions... if a ManU player tweeted that Hillsborough was all a con, and it was the scousers that did it themselves, would you have the same opinion?

No, because it'd be fuck all like what happened in Eccleston's case. I don't remember him tweeting something like "New Yorkers brought down their own buildings." Which is about as related to what you came up with as I can get.

Fuck this thread anyway.

I normally refrain from entering discussion with dribblechins who think that 9/11 was 'an inside job' just incase I catch something off them, but one serious question: in your opinion, how many people would be needed to pull off such a feat?

Well, me and you Darling obviously!

General Haig, General Haigs wife, his wife's freinds, their servants, their servants servants, and some chap on the bus I just met called Bernard!

That should be enough to pull this off.

Guest ShoePiss
Scouse equivalent of Godwins law, innit?

The people bringing the faulty comparison aren't Scouse, well I know one isn't and I'm guessing the rest aren't.

Can it stop now? It doesn't prove a point at all.

Still trying to work out what the fuck this has to do with his career as a professional footballer to be honest.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR237_v-0at41IqMlGYofDTQaViDPwar58zDax5QstN7WYMPVYhHSIkbMxo

I think the club would be acting reasonably in requiring him not to post confidential or controversial opinions about the internal affairs of the club on twitter (or make them available via any other kind of media) and to otherwise avoid bringing the club into disrepute, indeed I'm sure that will be a requirement of his contract.

I'd assume that 'bringing the club into disrepute' would not only include the direct affairs of the club but also, for example, alleging that a referee is bent, alleging corruption at the FA, another club, or by another player, also posting that he had a couple of lines in the bogs of a club at the weekend. You could even extend it to anything prohibited by law in the UK, for example overt racism.

No matter what your opinion on his comments about 9/11 are, there's nothing at all preventing an individual from expressing that opinion in the UK today and in the absence of a club rule that no player will post on twitter, I really can't see what he's done wrong here. This isn't 1970s East Germany.

WELL PUT IT THIS WAY IT HAS'NT DONE KELVIN THE CUNT MACKENZIE'S CAREER ANY HARM INFACT HE SEEM'S TO OF DONE EVEN BETTER SINCE:telloff:

lad say's his opinion and people want him to lose his job. john terry shag's his mate's wife and still is the england captian although they took off him for 12 months and gave to rio ferdinand who was banned for 18 months for missing a drug test. joey barton puts ciger out in lads eye stamp's on someone in city centre still in the prem, feel free to add some more.

Like it or not, footballers represent their clubs when on Twitter. There's nothing to stop them using it under an anonymous username if they want to. But they don't, they like have thousands of followers across the globe and, in the case of a young, unproven player like Eccleston, it's only because he's signed to Liverpool that he has this following. He therefore has a duty to the club to behave responsibly.

If he's stupid enough to post tweets that will insult people affected by a disaster on the tenth anniversary of that disaster then he can face the consequences. And if he doesn't know what the consequences are, then perhaps he should have spent more time reading the 'not bringing the club into disrepute' clause when he signed his employment contract & less time wondering which car he'd buy with his first month's wages

Is the correct answer. The kid is an idiot and needs to impress people with his football not miniscule size of his brain.

So me saying hillsborough wasnt caused by the police but by a secret conspiracy of hooligans isnt disrespectful?

I think that is an incorrect analogy. It is more akin to saying that certain elements in the government of the UK, assisted by high ranking police personnel, conspired to bring about the deaths of 96 football supporters for their own ends.