You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool FC striker Nathan Eccleston under investigation by club after claiming 9/11

Skrtel Milk

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
Food for thought:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9P9k7Et4zUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The media is a very powerful tool and can shape public opinion quite easily.

Anyways' date=' I think Nathan is entitled to speak his mind. Punishing him because others might disagree with him is not the right thing to do.[/quote']

Food for thought? You really think so? It says the WTC was completely evacuated and there were no victims.

Food for mongs. I bet you clicked on the person's website too didn't you?

People just seem to take umbrage at anything now. It's like people just like to lay into certain people, whether they be sportsmen or comedians or whatever, Even junior players like this, because maybe they think they should pay some kind of penance for success. I can't imagine saying what he said in public and ever getting shit for it from anyone. If I said 'I reckon it's a conspiracy', I can't imagine anyone I know, work with, or have personally encountered saying 'you shouldn't say that, I feel personally affronted'. And if they did I'd tell them to get fucked. It's horseshit, and I'm bored of it.

People just seem to take umbrage at anything now. It's like people just like to lay into certain people, whether they be sportsmen or comedians or whatever, Even junior players like this, because maybe they think they should pay some kind of penance for success. I can't imagine saying what he said in public and ever getting shit for it from anyone. If I said 'I reckon it's a conspiracy', I can't imagine anyone I know, work with, or have personally encountered saying 'you shouldn't say that, I feel personally affronted'. And if they did I'd tell them to get fucked. It's horseshit, and I'm bored of it.

Bang on the money there.

I have no problem with what the lad said, as has been said, he's entitled to his opinion. I do think it was poorly timed though, and that's why he's being 'investigated'.

If he would of posted his thoughts on the middle of July, I doubt anyone would of noticed.

Talk of ripping up his contract is absurd though and I'd be disappointed if that happened. Surely a quiet word regarding his responsibility as a member of staff would suffice.

Are we meant to believe he actually tweeted this when according to the organisation who own the Internet, Twitter was down at the time he was supposed to have tweeted. Also at least 3 people near where he lives said he was down the park posing with replica guns in aviator shades. Is it not more likely the club are looking to accelerate their culling program at a time when stadium construction is on the horizon. A little too convenient if you ask me.

Feeling slightly less reactionary than last night but still, sod the stupid little git. People affected by 9/11 get upset by this stuff. a lot of Americans could form negative opinions about the club based on hearing about this. We've got a decent fanbase over there & are looking to expand our revenues. Now some poor sod in marketing has a load of extra work to do demonstrating that this is not representative of the club. The good folks of LFCNY supporters club will probably have to spend a fair bit of time defending us against the shit they'll get from other clubs' supporters.

Whether you believe he has the right to say this or not, he's got a clause in his contract that stipulates he shouldn't bring the club into disrepute & he's had the usual media training to explain to him how he should behave. I've seen normal people disciplined or even sacked for behaviour whilst identifed with their employers on Facebook & don't see why he should be treated particularly differently. Bring him in, go through the disciplinary process & give him the appropriate punishment - be it a warning, a fine or a dismissal.

Liverpool FC striker Nathan Eccleston under investigation by club after claiming 9/11 was not the work of terrorists - Liverpool Local News - News - Liverpool Echo

Some took to internet message boards to defend him as "only young", saying he was allowed to voice an opinion.

But most slammed him, with some calling for him to never wear the shirt again and others labelling him as "idiotic, misinformed and basically stupid".

So has one single person actually called for him never to play for the club again based on these comments? If they have, then they are blithering idiots.

And as for the rest of you trying to start this utter rubbish conspiracy guff again, including the comedic genius that news agencies were reporting it before it happened... Take a long hard look at yourselves in the mirror, and then slap yourselves very very hard, ideally with a very fast travelling bullet.

And as for the rest of you trying to start this utter rubbish conspiracy guff again, including the comedic genius that news agencies were reporting it before it happened... Take a long hard look at yourselves in the mirror, and then slap yourselves very very hard, ideally with a very fast travelling bullet.

I love the idea that the Illuminati (or whoever it is that conspiracy theorists think control the world) could set up something so intricate & complex, something that would fool the entire world making us dance like puppets on their evil strings & then fuck it all up by reporting it before it happened.

I'm slightly concerned by the number of nutters that this thread has brought out

Are we meant to believe he actually tweeted this when according to the organisation who own the Internet, Twitter was down at the time he was supposed to have tweeted. Also at least 3 people near where he lives said he was down the park posing with replica guns in aviator shades. Is it not more likely the club are looking to accelerate their culling program at a time when stadium construction is on the horizon. A little too convenient if you ask me.

You've certainly opened my eyes