You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

5 hours ago, Dicko said:

Charles Reep developed the three passes or less system, Charles Hughes brought that to the FA who published it as "The Winning Formula" Hughes then enlarged that with the FA's "On Tactics & Coaching" and POMO was born.

I doubt you or many others know who either of those two are but they systematically ruined football in the UK.

Roy Hodgson armed with this knowledge changed the game in Norway & Sweden for the worse, then later Iceland, Denmark & Finland. Generations of players still to this day lack basic attributes because of this flawed approach.

And it's still going on the FA being the Archaic twats they are still believe in this shit. Hughes' book is still the coaching guide. Aidy Boothroyd was England youth coach for five years. And John Beck is in charge of training coaches at St Georges Park.

John Beck the manager of Cambridge Utd who gave a £100 bonus to the player who kicked the ball longest during a match.

An example from years back.

I guarantee you nothing has changed, Southgate was head of development during this time.

I have the old Charles Hughes book from my first coaching badge nearly 30 years ago. Keegan and Brooking in England kits are featured in the practices. It should have been burnt years ago.

1 hour ago, Curly said:

Does he mean Liverpool and Merseyside, or is he suggesting he managed in Manchester with that by the way? Can’t work it out, as the closest he’s been to Manchester is Blackburn.

Sorry, it was a joke, I altered a real exchange between him and a Norwegian journalist in a press conference he was storming out of.

He asked the journo if he was from Denmark, and the guy replied Norway, wherupon he said they were two countries he never wanted to work in again.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Sorry, it was a joke, I altered a real exchange between him and a Norwegian journalist in a press conference he was storming out of.

He asked the journo if he was from Denmark, and the guy replied Norway, wherupon he said they were two countries he never wanted to work in again.

I dont think he has to worry about that. Its a shame England wasnt added to that list.

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Fuck. El thicko strikes again - sorry mate

In his first press conference as our manager he was asked if Liverpool was the biggest club he had ever managed. He paused before saying that he didn't want to upset anyone in Milan. Before that I was livid that he had been appointed, after that I couldn't look at the cunt. I hated him then but, after looking at his fraill, rheumy eyed, saggy old man's face on the touchline yesterday - looking alternatively baffled and amused by what he was watching - I realised that I still hated the cunt.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Just in case anyone forgets his time at our club..

https://www.lfchistory.net/articles/article/3279

30 October: "That's what he's good at" (On Dalglish)
He is doing a great job alongside us and we involve him in our scouting while he still works at The Academy and plays an ambassadorial role. That's what he's good at.

Said Roy Hodgson. Talking about Dalglish who won the fucking lot and will wipe the floor with him even today on anything related to football.

• Upvote 14

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fuck him. If he's young enough to be a premier league manager and put himself in an position where we listen to his shite, he's young enough to be called on it. I think you and @s(k)aturation need to toughen up a bit! 

You're right, Baz.

I am getting soft.

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2023 at 16:44, magicrat said:

Interesting post mate . I don't know anything about the development of Scandinavian football and whether this direct play mantra is still in vogue with the FA.  Given virtually every team in the PL plays out from the back these days doesn't seem to be an issue here,  None of us are fans of hoofball. Even Palace under Hodgson don't play that way , Mind you most of the players in the PL learned their basics in places other than England.  You could be pointing at a reason we don't see more home grown players at the top of the game , Anyway back to that cunty Owl cunt Woy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sorry if I came across as arsey, you are quite correct and the evolution of the Goalie proves your point.

But when you look at the national team it's a team that relies on set pieces to get results in major tournaments.

This is because of years of systemic football abuse from the original shysters like Hodgson, Don Howe, Colin Wanker & Graham Taylor.

To all the players who played under such systems and became coaches like Fat Sham, Butcher & Pulis. To what we have now in Dyche and lower down, managers like Darren Moore.

POMO (Position Of Maximum Opportunity) is a cancer that's never been properly eradicated from our game and shame on all those coaches who've propagated it.

1 hour ago, Dicko said:

His first press conference he went against convention and let the nationals ask questions first instead of the locals who had deadlines.

Big mistake.

The fact he was there for his first conference was a bigger mistake. He came to reduce the noise but ended up creating more, losing Torres in the process.

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2023 at 15:45, Bruce Spanner said:

Word on the grapevine is that even the Scandos think the cunts a cunt.

Pretty much settles it when those libtards think you’re a cunt.

I have no problem with Hodgson , its refreshing that someone speaks his mind. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Code said:

I have no problem with Hodgson , its refreshing that someone speaks his mind. 

Fair enough but if someone wants to speak their mind, they should be prepared to be called a cunt, if they say a lot of cuntish things, while speaking their mind. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dicko said:

Sorry if I came across as arsey, you are quite correct and the evolution of the Goalie proves your point.

But when you look at the national team it's a team that relies on set pieces to get results in major tournaments.

This is because of years of systemic football abuse from the original shysters like Hodgson, Don Howe, Colin Wanker & Graham Taylor.

To all the players who played under such systems and became coaches like Fat Sham, Butcher & Pulis. To what we have now in Dyche and lower down, managers like Darren Moore.

POMO (Position Of Maximum Opportunity) is a cancer that's never been properly eradicated from our game and shame on all those coaches who've propagated it.

Sorry, but Hodgson was in Norway for one and a half season, he had no influence on Norwegian football at all.  He finished 5th with Viking FK in his only full season and  9th when he took charge halfway through the first. 

He had a great career in Sweden in the late 70’s and 80’s though, winning the league 7 times with two different clubs.

Getting to the Europa League final with Fulham was pretty good though, no doubt about that. 

I could not believe we appointed him at the time, hewas a manager suited ti set up his teams not to lose, not to set up his teams to win, I said so at the time.

IMG_9579.jpeg

12 hours ago, Code said:

Sorry, but Hodgson was in Norway for one and a half season, he had no influence on Norwegian football at all.  He finished 5th with Viking FK in his only full season and  9th when he took charge halfway through the first. 

He had a great career in Sweden in the late 70’s and 80’s though, winning the league 7 times with two different clubs.

Getting to the Europa League final with Fulham was pretty good though, no doubt about that. 

I could not believe we appointed him at the time, hewas a manager suited ti set up his teams not to lose, not to set up his teams to win, I said so at the time.

IMG_9579.jpeg

He coached at Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook, and, by gum, it put them on the map. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Code said:

IMG_9579.jpeg

You’ve missed out managing Bristol City where he’s hated even more than ex Bristol Rovers player turned City manager Tony Pulis! 

Definitely getting the boot soon. Stories coming g out of Palace he is ignoring the medical team about players fitness. 3 times they told him about Olise needing to be worked less in training in a week and he's ignored them and is going full on in training causing injuries. Other stuff he's ignoring promising young players as he doesn't give a shit as he's only there for this season. 

How he has the rep of a nice old man ill never know. He's a career long bang average manager and consistently talks to everyone like they are shit on his shoe

• Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Definitely getting the boot soon. Stories coming g out of Palace he is ignoring the medical team about players fitness. 3 times they told him about Olise needing to be worked less in training in a week and he's ignored them and is going full on in training causing injuries. Other stuff he's ignoring promising young players as he doesn't give a shit as he's only there for this season. 

How he has the rep of a nice old man ill never know. He's a career long bang average manager and consistently talks to everyone like they are shit on his shoe

I am not sure there are many who think he is a nice old man. To a lot of football fans he is just irrelevant. Fulham fans might have a soft spot for him, along with Palace fans but it looks like he is on course to fucking up his name at Palace too.

England fans are knobheads but there can't be many to still like him. Most will either be in the 'he is a cunt' or 'he is history, don't give a fuck' camp.