You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

London looking like Mogadishu...

Salou

This is pretty unbelievable. The behaviour of these louts which is spreading across London should not be tolerated. The police should be armed with guns (rubber bullets) and water cannons should be used. The initial incident has just given criminals across London an excuse to go on a rampage. I feel for those whose businesses and livelihoods are being destroyed by these thieving vandals, and the useless police who are doing nothing to stop them.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
This is pretty unbelievable. The behaviour of these louts which is spreading across London should not be tolerated. The police should be armed with guns (rubber bullets) and water cannons should be used. The initial incident has just given criminals across London an excuse to go on a rampage. I feel for those whose businesses and livelihoods are being destroyed by these thieving vandals, and the useless police who are doing nothing to stop them.

I agree with water cannons but not rubber bullets, baton rounds kill and the last thing we need is someone to get killed by one.

Use CS gas, taser and water cannons to sort the criminals out.

Guest Jon Snow
I agree with water cannons but not rubber bullets, baton rounds kill and the last thing we need is someone to get killed by one.

Good morning Dave, bit mental this shit, if I am honest. I thought it would have died down by now, after hearing about the hit and run I think its really gone too far now.

Mate, this is getting out of control. The police are using soft tactics and the criminals are getting emboldened. This is nothing more than sheer greed that is driving these scumbags to destroy and loot businesses and property. I don't want to hear any shit from the do-gooders about how this is all society's fault.

Even the local tramps don't behave like this and they don't even have benefits to fall back on.

The police should be ordered to use any means necessary to quell the riots.

Guest Jon Snow
Mate, this is getting out of control. The police are using soft tactics and the criminals are getting emboldened. This is nothing more than sheer greed that is driving these scumbags to destroy and loot businesses and property. I don't want to hear any shit from the do-gooders about how this is all society's fault.

Even the local tramps don't behave like this and they don't even have benefits to fall back on.

That's partly the reason the tension is so high at the moment you numpty. I don't like the police that much, but don't for one min think their job is easy. Tho they are a little to blame for the problems, the levels this has gone to now isn't on, but at the same time going in all guns blazing will only make things worse. Its a delicate thing to fix now.

Guest davelfc

I've used baton rounds, got one upstairs. You wouldn't enjoy me tapping it on your head never mind it being fired at it or bounced from the floor and come spinning at you, which was done. People die when baton rounds are used and do we really want to give these criminals a supposed legitimacy to their activities?

I agree with gas, I agree with water and I believe the police need to stamp out this violence, but my point remains and always will that baton rounds should never be used. We may as well give the police live ammunition and tell them to fill their boots.

That's partly the reason the tension is so high at the moment you numpty. I don't like the police that much, but don't for one min think their job is easy. Tho they are a little to blame for the problems the levels this has gone to now isn't on, but at the same time going in all guns blazing will only make things worse. Its a delicate thing to fix now.

Fuck you. You know nothing of the situation. You think this is motivated by some sense of injustice for the scumbag who was shot dead? Or because the 'yoof' are disaffected and are rebelling against a society that has failed them? All this pretentious bullshit reasons given by media 'analysts' is exactly that - bullshit. I've lived in London, I know the city. Believe me, these people who are running amok are simply criminals who are taking advantage of the situation to steal and to vandalise. As such, they should not be mollycoddled but rather they should be crushed.

You've got a problem with the age of these kids though being reported as mainly 12-18 in Enfield last night. Gassing & firing water cannons at 12 year olds doesn't look good, no matter what scumbags they are.

And no-one will be able to prove that they weren't accidentally caught up in it when the compensation claims come flying in. Police are better off allowing a certain amount of damage & blaming cuts in their resources.

As usual, it will be the normal community & small business owners that lose out but politically they don't count anyway

Guest Jon Snow
Fuck you. You know nothing of the situation. You think this is motivated by some sense of injustice for the scumbag who was shot dead? Or because the 'yoof' are disaffected and are rebelling against a society that has failed them? All this pretentious bullshit reasons given by media 'analysts' is exactly that - bullshit. I've lived in London, I know the city. Believe me, these people who are running amok are simply criminals who are taking advantage of the situation to steal and to vandalize. As such, they should not be mollycoddled but rather they should be crushed.

Scarcity breeds crime, we live in a world with finite resources. Crime will always been around till the worlds wealth IE the resources are inherently owned by all people on the earth not just the few. You talk about this like they enjoy committing crime ? I am sure they don't ! I am sure if these kids had others things to do, they would do them. Its sad to think about but society does let the youths of today down. Poverty is on the way up again and it will be more reflected in the coming years no doubt. This is just the start of it, more will follow and it will be a lot worse then just a few buildings set on fire.

We live in a world that if their is no profit in it, its not worth doing. Watching Dragons Den last night, cos I was bored. Was 2 girls who had a youth music project they set up them self's with 4 years of hard work for DJing to help get kids off the streets. They had idea to branch into events and corporate do's to keep the money coming in so they could keep doing the youth work to help society. But because their was no massive profit in it the muti-millionaires said no we don't want to invest, sums up the current world quite nicely I think.

Guest davelfc
I have only read about Baton rounds being used in riot situation. They sound pretty useless as a non lethal choice as any hit to the head seems to do alot of damage, are they as bad as I have read Dave?.

They are expected to produce contusions, abrasions, and hematomas.[6] However, they may cause bone fractures, injuries to internal organs, or death. In a study of 90 patients in Northern Ireland, one died, 17 suffered permanent disabilities or deformities and 41 required hospital treatment after being fired upon with rubber bullets.

I'm against them, I don't believe mainland UK police have access to them anyway.

As far as using gas or water on 18 year olds, I've no problem with that. Obviously there's a risk with all forms of crowd control, I just hope that should the police be allowed to use these methods that the rabble shouting for their use don't suddenly go quiet when and if a fatality occurs.

Fine, I agree that they should not be using lethal force but they should be doing something to subdue these savages. Right now the police are just letting them get away with it and then cordoning things off in the morning! The criminals need to be taken down, not allowed to run riot.

Fuck you. You know nothing of the situation. You think this is motivated by some sense of injustice for the scumbag who was shot dead? Or because the 'yoof' are disaffected and are rebelling against a society that has failed them? All this pretentious bullshit reasons given by media 'analysts' is exactly that - bullshit. I've lived in London, I know the city. Believe me, these people who are running amok are simply criminals who are taking advantage of the situation to steal and to vandalise. As such, they should not be mollycoddled but rather they should be crushed.

I'm loving all these spastic gangsters posting images of the loot they've stolen. Trainers. Mobile phones. Laptops. Clothes. Jewellery.

Such high priorities in life, but nothing they don't steal in a normal week. And clear indication that it's nothing to do with seeking justice for a known violent criminal who I'm glad is dead, just loads of violent stupid people who seek nothing more in life than trainers, phones and jewellery.

And burning buses, which is strange, given that's their typical mode of transport.

And some of the Tweets are superb:

"Brehs askin who's down to roll to Tottenham. To get justice"

"Roll up and loot, fuck the 5-0"

5-0? These cunts are hilarious. Aping their American counterparts, but doing it in such a shit, crap way.

They can't even do gang culture properly, and this is the shittest, limpest version of the LA Riots (which I'm sure some of these halfwits are dimly trying to recreate) I have ever seen.

Rubbish, rubbish gangsters who wouldn't last 10 fucking seconds in the worst parts of Detroit, DC or LA

Guest Jon Snow
I'm loving all these spastic gangsters posting images of the loot they've stolen. Trainers. Mobile phones. Laptops. Clothes. Jewellery.

Such high priorities in life, but nothing they don't steal in a normal week. And clear indication that it's nothing to do with seeking justice for a known violent criminal who I'm glad is dead, just loads of violent stupid people who seek nothing more in life than trainers, phones and jewellery.

And burning buses, which is strange, given that's their typical mode of transport.

And some of the Tweets are superb:

"Brehs askin who's down to roll to Tottenham. To get justice"

"Roll up and loot, fuck the 5-0"

5-0? These cunts are hilarious. Aping their American counterparts, but doing it in such a shit, crap way.

They can't even do gang culture properly, and this is the shittest, limpest version of the LA Riots (which I'm sure some of these halfwits are dimly trying to recreate) I have ever seen.

Rubbish, rubbish gangsters who wouldn't last 10 fucking seconds in the worst parts of Detroit, DC or LA

And you would ?

People in glass houses ?

Guest Jon Snow

I mean its common for a fag like your self to try and ridicule others for acting the hard man or for being wimp's.

Perhaps you're the tough guy, considering how you've hilariously threatened to "rip my head off" and knock out my teeth by private message.

Yes I would, But as you said, "I don't frequent places where people like you go. " Because I don't frequently visit prostitutes.

I mean its common for a fag like your self to try and ridicule others for acting the hard man or for being wimp's.

Yes I would, But as you said, "I don't frequent places where people like you go. " Because I don't frequently visit prostitutes.

Oh Jesus Christ.

I sent you a PM to ask you to stop posting so much. It's not an unpopular view. Everyone wants you to stop posting so much.

Or stop posting altogether.

If you had even a scintilla of self-awareness, you would realise this. Look at the carnage that ensues in every thread you post in. A car-crash of outrage and hilarity as you get wound up by people laughing at you and ridiculing your absurd notions and theories.

You're a fucking idiot.

Guest Jon Snow
Oh Jesus Christ.

I sent you a PM to ask you to stop posting so much. It's not an unpopular view. Everyone wants you to stop posting so much.

Or stop posting altogether.

If you had even a scintilla of self-awareness, you would realise this. Look at the carnage that ensues in every thread you post in. A car-crash of outrage and hilarity as you get wound up by people laughing at you and ridiculing your absurd notions and theories.

You're a fucking idiot.

Only person I had falling out with is your silver (last 2 days or so). Funny I meet up with many people on regular bases, scientists, doctors, lawyers. Talking about the things I speak off on here and they all agree with my view on things. But you are so much more smarter of course then all of them.

Scarcity breeds crime, we live in a world with finite resources. Crime will always been around till the worlds wealth IE the resources are inherently owned by all people on the earth not just the few. You talk about this like they enjoy committing crime ? I am sure they don't ! I am sure if these kids had others things to do, they would do them. Its sad to think about but society does let the youths of today down. Poverty is on the way up again and it will be more reflected in the coming years no doubt. This is just the start of it, more will follow and it will be a lot worse then just a few buildings set on fire.

We live in a world that if their is no profit in it, its not worth doing. Watching Dragons Den last night, cos I was bored. Was 2 girls who had a youth music project they set up them self's with 4 years of hard work for DJing to help get kids off the streets. They had idea to branch into events and corporate do's to keep the money coming in so they could keep doing the youth work to help society. But because their was no massive profit in it the muti-millionaires said no we don't want to invest, sums up the current world quite nicely I think.

Blah, blah, fucking blah. Listen to yourself, you pretentious twat. You are excusing these vermin. An apologist for the criminal scum that is wrecking and looting homes and businesses.

The bottom line is, there is NO excuse for this behaviour. Any sane person would agree but namby pamby liberals like you will try blaming anyone but the actual fucking perpetrators.

Guest Jon Snow
Blah, blah, fucking blah. Listen to yourself, you pretentious twat. You are excusing these vermin. An apologist for the criminal scum that is wrecking and looting homes and businesses.

The bottom line is, there is NO excuse for this behaviour. Any sane person would agree but namby pamby liberals like you will try blaming anyone but the actual fucking perpetrators.

I think they are totally out of order, I just look at the bigger picture. Things like this can be avoided way before the event.