You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, niallers said:

Have we not got an "esk" equivalent to run the rule over their finances with a fine tooth comb, given the level of concern on here for our senior neighbours?

I'm deeply worried for the orcs

I know you're messing but there was an analysis by some fella on Twitter (a serious guy, seems to do it for them all). They're massively dependent on TV revenue as their commercial activities and gate receipts are pretty much irrelevant. Player wages have shot up, and they've spent over £50 million on changing managers (maybe with more to come if Silva gets the boot).

More here, it doesn't make good reading at all-

Shades of highest squirrel in the tree....

Baines' left foot

Player Valuation: £70m
A poem for Davey Moyes: -

We didn’t realise how good we had it at the time,
when Pip was our captain with his trademark chip down the line,
ever since you left it’s been a struggle,
what was your great team is now a pile of rubble,
oh David Moyes we dearly miss you,
poor Mr Silva bit off more than he could chew. 

Sometimes you don’t know just how ruddy good you’ve got it until it’s no longer there.

COYB!!!!!

They'd be much better off just abandoning this pipe dream and spending a few quid redeveloping the pit to at least bring it up to say the standards of the 1990's.

Who in their right mind is going to invest in a scheme like the one they are dreaming about for a club of their extremely limited potential - in a pretty shit location and in a smallish city where they are hugely overshadowed by another club.

It is delusion to the point of stupidity.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-ceo-denise-barrett-baxendale-15962541

Please Sir can we have a ground? It would make the area lovely too, go, gizza ground.

Why do Liverpool fans care? I think I speak for a huge majority of Liverpool fans from Liverpool when I say I could not give a fuck. Councils offering loans is my problem,  a Council who bought their old trading ground, improved it and rented it back to them? Seems totally fair and legit. No conflict of interest at all.

They have been begging for a stadium for 30 plus years, and I mean begging.

They have always wanted it for fuck all. And they know it.

3 hours ago, an tha said:

I love the way the talk about it being on the waterfront as if it is practically next door to the 3 graces rather than the nigh on 2 miles down the road it is.

On the waterfront is where they belong.

You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am,

• Upvote 2

By the time they get funding sea levels will have raised by at least 1-2m and global warming can be added to the list of things/people keeping them down. 

Fucking Redshites using plastics bags just to stop them taking rightful place at the top of the league

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mudface said:

I know you're messing but there was an analysis by some fella on Twitter (a serious guy, seems to do it for them all). They're massively dependent on TV revenue as their commercial activities and gate receipts are pretty much irrelevant. Player wages have shot up, and they've spent over £50 million on changing managers (maybe with more to come if Silva gets the boot).

That's brutal.

I find this easy to masterbate to.

16 hours ago, Mudface said:

They are extremely fortunate that every year there are at least 3 sides shitter than them, saving them from the drop and guaranteeing them a slice of the huge windfall from TV that the clubs have collectively bargained for. If that collective agreement was to end when the TV deal is next up for renewal, can they really hope to bring in as much as they currently are by negotiating their own deal, never mind better it? Their other income streams are absolutely dwarfed by those of several other clubs including ourselves.

19 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

I genuinely thought they'd sold half of those players...

Edit: Who the hell is Pennington?

He was in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade i seem to remember...

“The Pennington man is humble before God. The Pennington man… The Pennington man is humble. Pennington man… kneels before God."