You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

What's McCarthy like as a player? More defensive or offensive? Seems like we're trying to buy up all the young talent in British football.

I've mostly just seen highlights of him on MOTD and the like, but he seems to me to be a good all-rounder. Good technique, good passing, intelligent with the ball. He looks like he could play anywhere in midfield and do well. Plus he's only 20 and plays with a lot of maturity for someone that age.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
There's apparently something in the German newspaper, Bild, saying we're interested in Marko Marin. Don't know how true it is but just thought I'd add it to the massive amount of speculation.

Now that would be a signing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fucking hell. Why not just buy Wigan and Villa, bin our team and start playing a mix of theirs? We'll win the league in no time.

QPR linked with Joe Cole - Liverpool FC

QPR manager Neil Warnock has targeted Jermaine Jenas and Joe Cole as he prepares his squad for the Premier League, according to reports.

The west London club, backed by the financial clout of billionaires Bernie Ecclestone and Lakshmi Mittal, are expected to splash the cash over the summer and see the experienced Premier League pair as key to their plans to establish themselves in the top flight.

Spurs midfielder Jenas has struggled to hold down a regular place this season and Warnock will look to a loan deal, while Cole is seen as a possible replacement for Adel Taarabt, should the Moroccan leave, the Daily Mail reported.

Source: London Evening Standard

I could see them going for this.

who exactly do we have that is better then Downing as a true left winger pray tell

I hate this argument, just because a certain supposed target is probably of a better quality than we've currently got doesnt make said player the right player for us.

QPR linked with Joe Cole - Liverpool FC

QPR manager Neil Warnock has targeted Jermaine Jenas and Joe Cole as he prepares his squad for the Premier League, according to reports.

The west London club, backed by the financial clout of billionaires Bernie Ecclestone and Lakshmi Mittal, are expected to splash the cash over the summer and see the experienced Premier League pair as key to their plans to establish themselves in the top flight.

Spurs midfielder Jenas has struggled to hold down a regular place this season and Warnock will look to a loan deal, while Cole is seen as a possible replacement for Adel Taarabt, should the Moroccan leave, the Daily Mail reported.

Source: London Evening Standard

I could see them going for this.

jesus_kneeling_praying_hg_wht_st.gif

Guest Numero Veinticinco
who exactly do we have that is better then Downing as a true left winger pray tell

Is that even the point? We're trying to overtake Chelsea, United and Arsenal. We're not going to do it unless we buy better players than them. Maxi has scored as many in three games as Downing has all season. Are you trying to say that he represents a significant enough improvement to overtake Chelsea, United and Arsenal?

I've been thinking something rather controversial lately, and now im gonna put it into writing.

I wouldn't be opposed to Rodellaga if Wigan went down and we could get him for a decent price.

There. I said it.

weren't they asking for 10ml last summer seems a little steep to me.

Demba Ba at west ham would make a good back up,5 goals in 10 games so far