You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Kaka is fit and has looked good when playing, but Jose knows Ozil is going to be the shit once he gets his conditioning sorted and can last 90 minutes in a quicker league. Like Raul last summer (who I was desperate for us to go in for - even though I knew it wasn't going to happen), Kaka's name would pretty much cover his wages.

My post was just idle speculation based on a rumour that there's a rumour. I don't know if there's a chance, but if there is. We'd be silly not to. He's still one of the best players in the world.

and yeah, Barton's a cunt and I want LFC to have nothing to do with him. I'm not even talking about the off-fields antics either. Half of my hatred is based on the way he threw himself through Stevie in the relegation season. Cunt. I would be seriously disappointed if we threw a bone to that mongrel

That may be true but given his reaction last Sunday a game in which we were without Gerrard and he sees shelvey going on ahead of him he knows his days are numbered regarding getting a chance here, sad as I thought he'd do well

He was told in january he wouldn't be getting the games he wanted so he should go, he decided to stay.

Thanks Christian.

Guest TK-421

I think last summer's transfers were actually worse than anything R*** and Houllier managed between them, when you look at the return the players have given and the amount of games they've had:

Konch - loaned out, not good enough

Pouslen - can't displace Lucas. Utterly useless

J Cole - lamentable. Other long words which mean something bad and regrettable

Jones - what the smeg?

Meireles - misused for 6 months and then came good

It doesn't make good reading from where I'm typing.

The arrival of Suarez and Carroll hopefully signals a reversal of fortunes because, as Davey C said, we can't go on like this.

Poulsen's agent was in the papers this morning saying he has no interest at all in FC Copenhagen & is determined to stay and fight for his place.

Oh goody.

but he'll lose his danish

anyone got the text saying we have agreed a deal for serdar tacsi

if he ever gets sent off the tabloids will have a field day

I think last summer's transfers were actually worse than anything R*** and Houllier managed between them, when you look at the return the players have given and the amount of games they've had:

Konch - loaned out, not good enough

Pouslen - can't displace Lucas. Utterly useless

J Cole - lamentable. Other long words which mean something bad and regrettable

Jones - what the smeg?

Meireles - misused for 6 months and then came good

It doesn't make good reading from where I'm typing.

The arrival of Suarez and Carroll hopefully signals a reversal of fortunes because, as Davey C said, we can't go on like this.

Dossena shit, sold for half we bought him for, a worst left back than Risse at twice the price

Degen injured whole season, terrible player, £10m 4 year deal for Swiss 3rd choice left back whose wages were still paying most of,IMO one of the worst piece of scouting this club has done

Keane sold 6 months later for £5m less than we paid and cost us £4m to pay off Keane, given he replaced Crouch in squad it greatly weakened us.

Caleveri(sp) £3.5m for a reserve keeper, sold at massive loss, pointless signing

Riera, £8m slow ineffective winger, sold for less than half we paid, after he assaulted a reserve player in training

Ngog, not bad given the cost in fairness, he hasn't progressed enough and should move on

It's all about opinions but I think 2008 was our worst ever summer of dealings, had we got that summer right we'd have won the league

In the last ten years we have had three absolute shit summers in the transfer market. Which one is worse is open to debate but the bottom line is that it cannot be repeated.

Getting one player wrong happens to the best but to fuck up a complete summer is not on and to repeat it again and again is just pure wrong.

I do trust it will not happen again and players will be properly scouted, that has obviously not been the case in the past.

In the last ten years we have had three absolute shit summers in the transfer market. Which one is worse is open to debate but the bottom line is that it cannot be repeated.

Getting one player wrong happens to the best but to fuck up a complete summer is not on and to repeat it again and again is just pure wrong.

I do trust it will not happen again and players will be properly scouted, that has obviously not been the case in the past.

eduardo-macia.jpg

Three in a row, baby!

Pretty much how I feel, and I can't see it happening again, Commoli and FSG have to much emphasis on value that they'll spend and scout properly, Commoli and Kenny always seem to be at games watching players

Caleveri(sp) £3.5m for a reserve keeper, sold at massive loss

Players sold by Roy Hodgson - LFCHistory.net

:whoops:

Had Torres and Gerrard played together more that season or had we spent 20m on Silva instead of Keane, to break 90 points takes something very special, everything has to be in place, what happened on the pitch that season contradicted what was going on behind the scenes.

What makes last summers transfer dealings so depressing is that we had a businessman playing footy manager 2010 - the real life version, assisted by a person who simply was never near good enough to be managing this club and was obviously going to make some truly woeful signings.

What stings is not that we didn't win the league in 2009 but that we were unable to build on what we had achieved. Summer 2010 was simply salt in the wound but now the healing has truly begun.

Suddenly everything looks in place.

Pretty much how I feel, and I can't see it happening again, Commoli and FSG have to much emphasis on value that they'll spend and scout properly, Commoli and Kenny always seem to be at games watching players

Agreed I feel we are in much better hands and at least players that we are interested in are getting properly looked at.

The amount of money we have spunked up against the wall is laughable if it were not so serious.

Players sold by Roy Hodgson - LFCHistory.net

:whoops:

Had Torres and Gerrard played together more that season or had we spent 20m on Silva instead of Keane, to break 90 points takes something very special, everything has to be in place, what happened on the pitch that season contradicted what was going on behind the scenes.

What makes last summers transfer dealings so depressing is that we had a businessman playing footy manager 2010 - the real life version, assisted by a person who simply was never near good enough to be managing this club and was obviously going to make some truly woeful signings.

What stings is not that we didn't win the league in 2009 but that we were unable to build on what we had achieved. Summer 2010 was simply salt in the wound but now the healing has truly begun.

Suddenly everything looks in place.

Whoops eh?

We did not get anything like £3m for him, he barely kicked a ball here and has already been fucked off back to brazil, any article I've read has said no fee as his contract only had a year left or £1.2m, why would a just promoted Italian team pay us over the odds for a reserve with 12 months left on his contract then let him go 4 months later without playing a league game, think about it would you, IMO we got nothing for him

Whoops eh?

We did not get anything like £3m for him, he barely kicked a ball here and has already been fucked off back to brazil, any article I've read has said no fee as his contract only had a year left or £1.2m, why would a just promoted Italian team pay us over the odds for a reserve with 12 months left on his contract then let him go 4 months later without playing a league game, think about it would you, IMO we got nothing for him

:lol:

There are no words.

Dossena shit, sold for half we bought him for, a worst left back than Risse at twice the price

Degen injured whole season, terrible player, £10m 4 year deal for Swiss 3rd choice left back whose wages were still paying most of,IMO one of the worst piece of scouting this club has done

Keane sold 6 months later for £5m less than we paid and cost us £4m to pay off Keane, given he replaced Crouch in squad it greatly weakened us.

Caleveri(sp) £3.5m for a reserve keeper, sold at massive loss, pointless signing

Riera, £8m slow ineffective winger, sold for less than half we paid, after he assaulted a reserve player in training

Ngog, not bad given the cost in fairness, he hasn't progressed enough and should move on

It's all about opinions but I think 2008 was our worst ever summer of dealings, had we got that summer right we'd have won the league

Only losing £5m on Keane was a master stroke.

Just look at all the utter shite expensive failures we have signed since souness

Paul Konchesky Fulham £3,500,000

Milan Jovanovic Standard Liege Free

Joe Cole Free Transfer Free

Christian Poulsen Juventus £4,550,000

Brad Jones Middlesbrough £2,300,000

Maxi Rodriguez Atletico Madrid Free

Philipp Degen Dortmund Free

Andrea Dossena Udinese £7,000,000

Diego Cavalieri Palmeiras £3,500,000

David N'Gog Paris St Germain £1,500,000

Robbie Keane Tottenham £19,000,000

Albert Riera Espanyol £8,000,000

Glen Johnson Portsmouth £17,500,000

Alberto Aquilani AS Roma £17,100,000

Ryan Babel Ajax £11,500,000

Charles Itandje Lens Undisclosed

Andriy Voronin Leverkusen Free

Jermaine Pennant Birmingham £6,700,000 26.07.2006

Gabriel Paletta Club Atlético Banfield £2,000,000 04.07.2006

Josemi Rey Malaga £2,000,000 26.07.2004

Djibril Cissé Auxerre £14,500,000

Harry Kewell Leeds United £5,000,000

Salif Diao Sedan £4,700,000 06.08.2002

Abel Xavier Everton £750,000 30.01.2002

Bruno Cheyrou Lille £3,700,000 16.05.2002

El Hadji Diouf Lens £10,000,000 01.06.2002

Chris Kirkland Coventry £6,000,000

Christian Ziege Middlesbrough £5,500,000 25.08.2000

Emile Heskey Leicester £11,000,000 10.03.2000

Bernard Diomede Auxerre £3,000,000 07.06.2000

Sander Westerveld Vitesse Arnhem £4,000,000 15.06.1999

Jean Michel Ferri Istanbulspor £1,500,000 28.11.1998

Frode Kippe Lillestrøm £700,000 06.01.1999

Rigobert Song Salernitana £2,600,000 26.01.1999

Sean Dundee Karlsruhe £1,800,000 05.06.1998

Øyvind Leonhardsen Wimbledon £3,500,000 02.06.1997

Paul Ince Inter Milan £4,200,000 10.07.1997

Phil Babb Coventry £3,600,000 01.09.1994

John Scales Wimbledon £3,500,000 02.09.1994

Mark Kennedy Millwall £1,500,000 21.03.1995

Stan Collymore Nottm For £8,500,000 01.07.1995

Michael Stensgaard Hvidovre £400,000 01.06.1994

Nigel Clough Nottm For £2,275,000 07.06.1993

Neil Ruddock Tottenham £2,500,000 22.07.1993

David James Watford £1,000,000 06.07.1992

Paul Stewart Tottenham £2,300,000 29.07.1992

Istvan Kozma Dunfermilne £300,000 10.02.1992

Dean Saunders Derby £2,900,000 19.07.1991

Mark Walters Rangers £1,250,000 13.08.1991

Absolutely ridiculous. Can't be arsed to add it all up as too hungover, it needs to stop this summer.

Just look at all the utter shite expensive failures we have signed since souness

Paul Konchesky Fulham £3,500,000

Milan Jovanovic Standard Liege Free .....

Mark Walters Rangers £1,250,000 13.08.1991

Absolutely ridiculous. Can't be arsed to add it all up as too hungover, it needs to stop this summer.

Not to worry, Code's on to it already.

Degen I think sums up the shittiness of much of our transfer dealing in recent years - cheap, technically poor, ludicrous contract, crocked most of the time, actually defended by some fans, can't get rid of him....

I can't defend the signing as the lad was clearly broken and had a track record of injuries and just not playing. However he was once a very good player in his early years but whoever thought they could fix him and ressurect his dying career was wrong. Especially awarding a long contract was very wrong. I'd have no issues with pinning it on Rafa but I have no idea who is responsible for the signing due to the shenanigans taking place at the time.