You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

could be looking at lovren. quality CB

How much do you think he would cost though? Found this English speaking Lyon forum Olympique Lyonnais Forum - A forum in english for Lyon fans worldwide • View topic - Official: Dejan Lovren Thread and they seem to rate him very highly on there, but say he cost them 10 million euros.

Mind you, I'm sure he would be cheaper than the ridiculous prices quoted for Gary Cahill.

We paid £35m for Andy Carroll so FSG will be willing to pay big money if they think its the right player.

For want of turning back into the old me. There were circumstances to that though coop. They'd just received £56m

I think if we lose a big name for big money, then FSG seem happy to re-invest for big money. I'm not sure they will be willing to just hand it out from the account though. I think this is where the buy them young idea comes from with the re-sale value a contributing factor. It’s like Ronaldo at Utd. Under FSG the manager would probably be encouraged to sell Ronaldo for £80m, but unlike the Mancs, FSG would then hand it back to the manager telling him to buy 4 top notch players and build a fantastic team. When the money is coming from the account and not from player sales, then I think FSG would rather see value for money. I’m not saying they won’t spend £15m-£20m. I just think that a £30m signing would be very unlikely.

Who is this Alexis Sanchez I have been hearing about? I did a you tube and he looks the Dogs, but they can be deceptive (wrong)! He looks the type of player that we should be looking at, him and Jarvis would be fine!

I would also buy Shawcross instead of Cahill, cheaper and potentially much better.

Who is this Alexis Sanchez I have been hearing about? I did a you tube and he looks the Dogs, but they can be deceptive (wrong)! He looks the type of player that we should be looking at, him and Jarvis would be fine!

I would also buy Shawcross instead of Cahill, cheaper and potentially much better.

Chelsea are favoured to get Sanchez. He would likely cost £25+ million, but they are going to spend huge this summer.

I wouldn't mind Shawcross but his injury record might rule him out, given Comolli's recent comments.

Liverpool Target Lavezzi

Liverpool are plotting a bid for Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi, according to his agent.

The Argentina international has been at Napoli since 2007 and has scored 35 goals in 122 Serie A appearances since then.

But now his agent Jose Alberti says Liverpool have been tracking him for a year and could make their move this summer.

"Lavezzi has been followed by Liverpool for twelve months and they could make a bid for his services," he told Italian website TMW.

"Napoli must be careful not to lose a player like Lavezzi."

AC Milan are also thought to be keen on the 25-year-old who is nicknamed 'El Pocho' which translates as 'the Chubby One'.

Liverpool Target Lavezzi

Liverpool are plotting a bid for Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi, according to his agent.

The Argentina international has been at Napoli since 2007 and has scored 35 goals in 122 Serie A appearances since then.

But now his agent Jose Alberti says Liverpool have been tracking him for a year and could make their move this summer.

"Lavezzi has been followed by Liverpool for twelve months and they could make a bid for his services," he told Italian website TMW.

AC Milan are also thought to be keen on the 25-year-old who is nicknamed 'El Pocho' which translates as 'the Chubby One'.

Very good player.

Juve, get your wallet out and pay up for Aquilani otherwise a swap deal for Lavezzi makes sense to me...

Many interesting players in Italy. Lavezzi, Pastore, Sanchez, Cavani, Hamsik, Zarate(?), Jovetic, Babacar(FM HERO) & Inler.

Nice list that. Pastore, Sanchez probably the ones that are the least likely to end up here, but nothing would make me happier!

Anything new on the Hazard \ Sanchez front?

Liverpool Target Lavezzi

Yes please.

Lavezzi links himself to us every summer.

This.

Anything new on the Hazard front?

I have been watching him closely this season and I don't think he is worth more than 20 million quid. He will at best become a Nasri rather than a Ronaldo or a Messi.